Galactic chase prevents farming characters?

GreyEminence
13 posts Member
edited November 2019
So I'm still farming Geo Brood Alfa because I stopped earlier to hoard the relic materials. During this galactic chase I didn't drop a single shard for him. Is that how it should be? Here I thought galactic chase toons are a bonus to whatever character is already on the cantina node.
Post edited by GreyEminence on

Replies

• Options
    They are, in fact I'm farming the original Anakin and I'm getting the shards with normal drop rates.

Keep in mind that the shards do not appear in the first slot as usual in the reward screen but more towards the end. Is it possible you close the window before looking at the final rewards? I'm saying it because that's what I often do
  • Options
    Sarnek0 wrote: »
    They are, in fact I'm farming the original Anakin and I'm getting the shards with normal drop rates.

Keep in mind that the shards do not appear in the first slot as usual in the reward screen but more towards the end. Is it possible you close the window before looking at the final rewards? I'm saying it because that's what I often do

I know about that but it's not the case here. I've been quite suspicious since saturday so I was double checking all the rewards.
  • Options
    then you are having really bad luck, sorry man
  • Options
    Galactic chase doesnt prevent shards

/thread
  • Options
    I got 50 shards for sith marauder and unlocked the bomber so that’s just bad RNG for you.
  • Options
    weska24 wrote: »
    I got 50 shards for sith marauder and unlocked the bomber so that’s just bad RNG for you.

Or it's not true.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    So I'm still farming Geo Brood Alfa because I stopped earlier to hoard the relic materials. During this galactic chase I didn't drop a single shard for him.

Did you actually farm his node? How many attempts total?

• Options
    im farming GBA as well, in my case there seems to be no difference in shard drop rate.. it still sucks ;)
  • Options
    Shards of the character that is permanently on the node don't pop to the top of the rewards during a chase, they're in the middle or bottom. You may have just missed seeing them.
  • Options
    Also, you may have accidentally been farming the wrong node. During the chase you had to scroll way over in the node info screen to see the regular drop. If you have a ton of signal data 1 (which is on the neighboring node), then you know what happened.
  • Options
    JDIII wrote: »
    I think someone grew up being lied to their whole life. That’s why everyone lies huh
    Don’t think I was lied to my whole life, no.

For me the forums should be a place for accurate information. There are lots of posts on here that contain inaccurate or spurious claims.

Imagine someone relatively new to the game coming on the forums for the first ever time and reading threads that claim things that just aren’t true. That strikes me as sad.

The OP is claiming that:
    - he didn’t get any GBA shards throughout the 5 days of the hyena bomber bonus drops.
    - That this happened because the hyena bomber bonus drops prevented the shards from dropping.

Now the second part is absolutely definitely not true. Toon shards were still dropping alongside the bomber shards. So the title of the thread is untrue. I’m not saying OP is “lying”, just that he’s mistaken.

I highly doubt that the GBA node dropped 0 shards whatsoever over 5 straight days. Even with 0 refreshes, the OP would have had the energy to hit the node 51 times. 0 drops out of 51 attempts? I’m not buying that, and the lack of specifics in his follow up post don’t suggest to me that he was tracking this accurately.
  • Options
    I think someone grew up being lied to their whole life. That’s why everyone lies huh

For me the forums should be a place for accurate information. There are lots of posts on here that contain inaccurate or spurious claims.

Imagine someone relatively new to the game coming on the forums for the first ever time and reading threads that claim things that just aren’t true. That strikes me as sad.

The OP is claiming that:
    - he didn’t get any GBA shards throughout the 5 days of the hyena bomber bonus drops.
    - That this happened because the hyena bomber bonus drops prevented the shards from dropping.

Now the second part is absolutely definitely not true. Toon shards were still dropping alongside the bomber shards. So the title of the thread is untrue. I’m not saying OP is “lying”, just that he’s mistaken.

I highly doubt that the GBA node dropped 0 shards whatsoever over 5 straight days. Even with 0 refreshes, the OP would have had the energy to hit the node 51 times. 0 drops out of 51 attempts? I’m not buying that, and the lack of specifics in his follow up post don’t suggest to me that he was tracking this accurately.

I've been playing the game since december 2016, so I'm not relatively new to the game or the forums. I did not claim that galactic chase prevents shards drop, I was asking about that. The title should have a question mark at the end, my bad.

But I honestly don't care if you believe me or not, all I cared about was if this happened to anybody else. It did not, that's all I wanted to know.

As I stated, can't really tell about friday, but I've made about 10 attempts/day since saturday and did not get a single shard. If I overlooked them despite really looking into the rewards, good for me.

So there's no need to be nasty. Have a good day.
  • Options
    Can you point out where I was nasty?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

The OP is claiming that:

I've been playing the game since december 2016, so I'm not relatively new to the game or the forums. I did not claim that galactic chase prevents shards drop, I was asking about that. The title should have a question mark at the end, my bad.

So, you are aware, that you actually did claim, that galactic chase prevents shard drops. No, you may not have meant to, but you did - and you know it.

Yes, I also doubt, that not a single shard dropped for 5 days straight. Hence my question about which node you actually farmed (GBA's neighboring node doesn't drop shards) and how many attempts you had. My own experience was, that shards dropped as usual on both my main account and alt.
  • Options
    You still get the shards, they're just towards the bottom of the rewards screen.
  • Options

I wouldn’t say you were nasty but the tone of your writing could be considered accusatory and thus put people on the defensive. Just something for consideration from a neutral observer.
    Thanks - appreciate the advice.
  • Options
    @Wraith_Squadron That’s the thing about being on the Internet instead of face to face. A whole different story when you have to look someone in the eyes, lol
    In my defence, I’ve never incurred a forum ban.

Can you make that claim?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    You still get the shards, they're just towards the bottom of the rewards screen.

Yeah, that's probably the source of confusion.
  • Options
    Bad RNG for you. I got plenty of geo brood shards during the event.
  • Monel
    2788 posts Member
    Options

I wouldn’t say you were nasty but the tone of your writing could be considered accusatory and thus put people on the defensive. Just something for consideration from a neutral observer.

The tone he wrote with or the tone you heard in your interpretation of posters words?
  • Options
    I got 45 or so Chirpa shards and unlocked Hyena and a little relic amplifiers too.
  • Options

I thought it was fine and well said. Too many snowflakes...

• Options
    Farmed tons of KRU and Tie Silencer on my alt all while picking up Bomber shards. So nope, just bad luck for you
  • Options
    Just confirming your bad luck.
    9 jka and 36 gba shards plus 115 bomber shards over the chase.
  • TVF
    36679 posts Member
    Options
    Lilpup wrote: »

I thought it was fine and well said. Too many snowflakes...

Is that what we're doing in this thread now?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH