Hyena bomber

Tiig
296 posts Member
edited November 2019
Why can’t I use hyena bomber? Am I missing something?

7iwmc998to61.jpeg

l668a62pxvpk.jpeg

Replies

• Options
    Same issue here. Is it counted as "vulture droid" and filtered from Thrawn's mission?
    With Tarkin you can choose it easy.
  • Options
    Another massive misstep... we whale on a New ship and the slot it should go into and doesn’t work....

@CG_SBCrumb
  • Options
    WAI. Let me guess, you're trying to use it in smugglers run? Since that's the only ship event going atm.
    wn1dcnqiz901.jpg
    yqntcbdp80qj.jpg
    Smugglers run is cargo ships only. Hyena bomber is not a cargo ship
  • Options
    Nope.
    Use in geoTB with Thrawn.
  • Options
    Perhaps it was used in the other fleet battle already then
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member
    Options
    Mercury88 wrote: »
    Perhaps it was used in the other fleet battle already then

It’s funny that you think I’m that much of a noob. Nope. First ship battle. The fact it’s available in the other fleet, but not with Thrawn, makes it look deliberate or incompetent. Given recent events, I’m going with incompetence. Either in not making it available or in not properly describing who we can use and describing the ship.
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member
    Options
    SergeTat wrote: »
    Same issue here. Is it counted as "vulture droid" and filtered from Thrawn's mission?
    With Tarkin you can choose it easy.

It’s a droid, but nowhere is it described as a vulture droid, and IG-2000 is available, so it isn’t a restriction on droids. The only reason vulture droid is filtered appears to be because it’s a supplied ship.
  • Options
    It is already reported as a bug, here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Hyena-filtered-for-upper-battle-on-stage-2-of-Geo-TB/m-p/8395725#M32984

Same for me and several others. If many people are putting their vote for "I have the same issue" in the bug link above, we might have the option, they fix it today.
  • Fhoenix
    191 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    WAI. Let me guess, you're trying to use it in smugglers run? Since that's the only ship event going atm.

Clearly in the second image in the OP shows the event unit as vulture droid. Not sure which TB you are playing but that is definitely not a screenshot of the smugglers run.

The strange thing about it is that there should be absolutely no restrictions on this TB anyway, but I guess that only applies to ground units (although there is a button bug in fleets as well)?

Well Congratulations CG, you have managed to treat people who spend with yet another bruise. Reasons to rush and get the newest thing are really starting to diminish.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Fhoenix wrote: »

Clearly in the second image in the OP shows the event unit as vulture droid. Not sure which TB you are playing but that is definitely not a screenshot of the smugglers run.

This is why people need to make better thread titles.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Fhoenix wrote: »

This is why people need to make better thread titles.

Yeah it is a bit ambiguous, I would agree that with it being specific to one event and encounter a little specificity is in order. I only click on it because the thread did not include #$%^ you CG or Malak :smiley: .
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    Interestingly enough that nobody complains of Vulture Droid being a forced unit while CG said they lifted all unit restrictions this time..

However, it's time for @Kyno to send this thread into oblivion.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Kisakee wrote: »
    Interestingly enough that nobody complains of Vulture Droid being a forced unit while CG said they lifted all unit restrictions this time..

A provided unit is not the same thing as a required unit and removing it could actually hurt people.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »

A provided unit is not the same thing as a required unit and removing it could actually hurt people.

I said nothing about removing it but about being a forced ally. In theory it could still be there for free choice (which would be a new and very interesting system for sure).
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

I said nothing about removing it but about being a forced ally. In theory it could still be there for free choice (which would be a new and very interesting system for sure).

I’m pretty sure the game isn’t set up to allow that.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options

I’m pretty sure the game isn’t set up to allow that.

Sadly but it would be fun, giving us free choice. Almost like it's used to be..
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn