Acklay this TB

Given there are no unit restrictions I'm wondering how Darth Nihilus will play a role here. The acklay doesn't seem to be set up like a raid boss in all ways though in some ways it does. Wondering if it will be a one shot one kill.

Replies

• Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    Darth Nihilus will do 99,999 damage since Ackley is treated as a raid boss. It will barely make a dent on him
  • Options
    Well there was some wishful thinking. :)

I'm curious what teams people think will work best given no restrictions. The ability block of Geos is actually pretty attractive still to shut down the AOE attacks, but maybe some stuns would serve better?
  • Options
    1,000,000 health is what acklay has.... nihilus and malak barely do any damage .... use thrawn And alpha with SE or NS with alpha as your 5
  • Options
    Any other choices? I had to platoon my DR, MT and BSF. Are BHs or GG any good in combos?
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    MntMan wrote: »
    Well there was some wishful thinking. :)

I'm curious what teams people think will work best given no restrictions.

Apparently it isn't immune to TM reduction, so a team that has lots of TMR can prevent it ever taking a turn.

Personally I've never had an issue clearing it with Geos so I'll probably just use them like usual.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Has anybody tried a Grievous team yet?
  • Options
    Anyone try putting deathmark on him?
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options

It's a raid boss. Deathmark will be neutered just like annihilate. It'll do an extra 0.03% of its max health or whatever it is.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Jarvind wrote: »

It's a raid boss. Deathmark will be neutered just like annihilate. It'll do an extra 0.03% of its max health or whatever it is.

Do you know this for sure or are you guessing?

Taking reduced damage from health based effects is in the description for all raid bosses (fearsome foe II). Acklay has a Daunting Foe description which does not say that.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Jarvind wrote: »

Do you know this for sure or are you guessing?

Taking reduced damage from health based effects is in the description for all raid bosses (fearsome foe II). Acklay has a Daunting Foe description which does not say that.

Educated guess, as the exposes from Alpha's AOE and Spy's peekaboo move don't knock off 20% of its health.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    NS w/o GBA smack the snot out of the bug.

Do you mean w/ as opposed to w/o? How else would you get rid of enrage if you don't have GBA? Also which NS comp did you use? MT lead, Asajj, OD and Zombie? Or did you drop Zombie for NA since Brute can tank?

• Options
    If you have r7 GG and droids, just swap out droideka for Brood and it's pretty easy. Remove enrage with Brood's first move and then just focus on Acklay.
  • Options
    Truff42 wrote: »
    If you have r7 GG and droids, just swap out droideka for Brood and it's pretty easy. Remove enrage with Brood's first move and then just focus on Acklay.

Does this mean “(r7 GG) and droids”, or “r7 (GG and droids)”?
  • Options
    I beat it with Traya, Sion, Nihilus, Malak and Thrawn.

The other 4 died very early, but Malak effectively soloed it.
  • Options
    R7 GG with other droids all at g12. Others in my guild have done it with lower relic level GG's as well. Basically a relic GG plus other Sep droids and Brood. Hope that helps
  • Options
    Thanks for the clarification, @Truff42
  • Options
    Has anyone tried the old imperial grand maneuver team from HAAT p3 (Thrawn lead w/ Ebb and Flow zeta, krennic, shore, palp, tarkin)?

Seems like it should work without impacting any of the usual teams that most are using to run through the combat missions.

Fracture Acklay, then just cycle through everybody’s specials as you kill off the Jedi, Thrawn and Acklay lose 15% TM every time.