Brood Alpha Abilities..

The Brood Alpha abilities should not work if it is not in lead position. Hive mind shouldn't work if the toon is in a support role and not the team lead. I get that summoning brute might not fall under it but none of the other benefits of the Alpha should be applicable if it isn't team lead.

In essence you are allowing a team to have 2 team leads and the bonuses those abilities allow which isn't allowed anywhere in the game. When the rework to Anakin was done and he became a plug and play toon CG took steps to limit his effectiveness outside a Galactic Republic team fairly quickly.

I don't understand why the same steps aren't being taken with the Brood Alpha. People are doing the exact same thing with the Brood Alpha. Brood Alpha is popping up in all the main teams that's outside the geonosians.

TL;DR Brood Alpha perks shouldn't work unless it is the lead toon in the team.

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Lots of characters have unique abilities that benefit entire teams?
  • Options
    meanwhile Traya shouldn't cleanse Sith when not the leader, and Savior shouldn't work and hero shouldn't give lightside allies more stats unless JKR is a leader. Oh, and 3P0 shouldn't give any benefits to R2, Rebels, Resistance, GR or Ewoks unless he is in the leadership slot. And talking about R2 it's ridiculous that he gives lightside allies extra health and offense when not in the leader slot...

wait... maybe it's easier just to argue power creep is RUINING the game
  • Options
    If GBA is outside a geonosian team, Hive Mind only applies to him and Brute. Hardly a "lead" ability - not substantially different than the Han/Chewie interaction or the Chirrut/Baze interaction. In a plug-and-play role, GBA is good, but he's essentially just a tank with a huge health pool, great self-healing ability, and good buff removal. He doesn't really do anything else. Not remotely game breaking on his own, just a really good support character.

If he's on Geos and not in the lead, you do get the full effect of Hive Mind. But there are lots of other characters which in essence allow a team to have 2 team leads. R2's stat boost and debuff cleansing. zBarriss unique. T3-M4's massive bonuses to droids. Traya's debuff cleanse. Rex's unique. Shaak Ti's unique. The entire Imperial Trooper mechanic.
  • Options
    Other thing about GBA which makes me mad - Brute is "not counted as killed" as mentioned, BUT (surprise!)... it lowers cool-down for GBA. I mean - it doesn't seem to work as it written
  • Options
    Keydash1 wrote: »
    If GBA is outside a geonosian team, Hive Mind only applies to him and Brute. Hardly a "lead" ability - not substantially different than the Han/Chewie interaction or the Chirrut/Baze interaction. In a plug-and-play role, GBA is good, but he's essentially just a tank with a huge health pool, great self-healing ability, and good buff removal. He doesn't really do anything else. Not remotely game breaking on his own, just a really good support character.

If he's on Geos and not in the lead, you do get the full effect of Hive Mind. But there are lots of other characters which in essence allow a team to have 2 team leads. R2's stat boost and debuff cleansing. zBarriss unique. T3-M4's massive bonuses to droids. Traya's debuff cleanse. Rex's unique. Shaak Ti's unique. The entire Imperial Trooper mechanic.

Honestly speaking, he shouldn't be allowed to do even half of that outside of full Geo squad. Atm GBA is just a pain in the **** within DR-Malak squads where he shouldn't belong.
  • Options
    A unique isnt a leader ability.

Ok
  • Options
    Dmitry_M81 wrote: »
    Keydash1 wrote: »

Honestly speaking, he shouldn't be allowed to do even half of that outside of full Geo squad. Atm GBA is just a pain in the **** within DR-Malak squads where he shouldn't belong.

This is the crux of it. You are essentially getting two toons for the price of one. One has infinite taunt and both have infinite protection and health regeneration. I really don't see the counter arguments and toons above doing even remotely same. NS/Zombie add on nope because zombie isn't forever regenerating health and protection. Kill 3 times done with and can't be summoned back. Chaze please that combo hasn't been used in serious arena/ GAC/TW nor have I seen any others the BA and Brute popping up everywhere.

Either hive mind shouldn't work unless BA is lead and brute should not be summoned outside geo team.
  • Options
    “I can’t beat DR teams with a Brood Alpha in the mix and that makes me mad that CG would allow that strategy”
  • Daeva
    55 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    The average team leader has 4 or 5 leadership abilities I to one, and the average meta character has 1 or 2 non leader leader ability, and 7 more if your leader is also x.

I remember when 15% dodge with damage up was considered strong as a leadership now that's the worst part of a person's entire kit found somewhere on line 78 in paragraph 6 of 15 on the units 9th novel... I mean ability and 5th zeta.
  • Options
    CeeBeeZee wrote: »
    “I can’t beat DR teams with a Brood Alpha in the mix and that makes me mad that CG would allow that strategy”

Sigh...didn't take long for the crying because can't beat it comment. I can handle it doesn't mean I think it should be left as is.

• Options
    I hope you'll run into a Dooku lead NS Acolyte + Zombie with Nest and GBA team one day, would like to read THAT complain. 😁
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn