Please just cancel the GAC and reschedule next week after you fix it

Daker
109 posts Member
So far:

(1) The feats arent updated, and you cant fix them mid-GAC because one of the new ones requires continuous wins.

(2) The rewards need to be addressed. Ship omegas are farmable, Zetas arent. No one wants to play a full month of GAC without any Zetas to show for it.

(3) The game didnt give any warnings about the early roster lock at joining. Anyone that didnt see the forum post (like I, and most players, didnt) is disadvantaged. There needs to be a warning that joining locks your roster because unlike TW, you can't back out.

Just pull it down and fix it. We will wait.

Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Nah. It's something to do. If you don't want omegas, don't play it.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Exactly.

However, if you dont want to participate, do this.

Place your STRONGEST teams on defense to ruin everyone else's chances at getting Kyber.

If I go down, everyone finna go down wit me #nofreebies
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Use dandelion in a sentence.

The cheetah is faster DanDeLion
  • Options
    The feats aren't updated? You must be playing a different game. My feats are reset here. The FO and other feats will get added along the way....just like always. GAs with ships have never had zetas, they always had ship omegas instead. The roster lock isn't a big deal...I'm sure you'll live through 3 matches in the easiest league with what you've got.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Zetas aren't farmable? I farm one every day from fleet store
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options
    Daker wrote: »
    No one wants to play a full month of GAC without any Zetas to show for it.

Disagree.

Yes I'd prefer zetas to ship omegas. I don't need the ship omegas. But I like Kyro. I like gear. I like crystals. I like toon omegas. I like slicing mats.

And the game mode is fun too. I like the strategy of assessing my opponent to decide what to put on D and where, and I like trying to figure out the optimal teams to use on the front of my opponent's D.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    The roster lock issue is a pain. But I'd rather have a messy GAC than no GAC - it's my favorite game mode.

As for the zetas - yeah ship omegas are worth less, but they are still valuable. We have a lot because there haven't been many new ships, and the meta has been stagnant. I burned a ton of my stash maxing my GR ships for the Negotiator fleet. Also, zetas aren't as rare as they used to be. I'm collecting them faster than I use them.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    SemiGod wrote: »

Exactly.

Place your STRONGEST teams on defense to ruin everyone else's chances at getting Kyber.

Or pretend it's just a game and play for the fun of it.
  • Options

Exactly.

Wait.... this is.... a game???
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

Exactly.

Wait.... this is.... a game???

Reading some of these comments you would think people were going to miss their mortgage payments if they don't get enough zetas from GAC.
  • Options
    “next week after you fix it”

Belief that CG can fix ... anything ... at this point is cute.

Belief that CG can fix ... anything ... by next week.....? That’s some seriously high-level blind optimism right there.
  • StarSon
    7467 posts Member
    Options
    Daker wrote: »
    So far:

(1) The feats arent updated, and you cant fix them mid-GAC because one of the new ones requires continuous wins.

(2) The rewards need to be addressed. Ship omegas are farmable, Zetas arent. No one wants to play a full month of GAC without any Zetas to show for it.

(3) The game didnt give any warnings about the early roster lock at joining. Anyone that didnt see the forum post (like I, and most players, didnt) is disadvantaged. There needs to be a warning that joining locks your roster because unlike TW, you can't back out.

Just pull it down and fix it. We will wait.

1. Why would they be? The themed feats will be there later.
    2. No, they don't. Yes, zetas are farmable. Yes, people want to play GAC even without zetas.
    3. That is unfortunate, but CG has never been good about messaging in-game for such things. No reason for them to cancel an event as a result.

Bottom line: if the only reason you were playing GAC was for zetas, then just sit this one out and move on. Nothing you've listed is a big enough issue to warrant cancelling the entire thing.
  • Options
    Completely disagree (and I have heard many say the same): this issue makes GAC (4 weeks of it) pretty much worthless for those who didn't know - and for those of us who enjoy it and want to play it to the fullest, it significantly devalues the game for us:

"(3) The game didnt give any warnings about the early roster lock at joining. Anyone that didnt see the forum post (like I, and most players, didnt) is disadvantaged. There needs to be a warning that joining locks your roster because unlike TW, you can't back out."

That reason ALONE is reason to take down GAC and restart it.
  • Options
    Exactly. The "Stop Whining and have fun and dont join GAC til the last hour" is bologna. Not everyone has the option to be online til the last hour to join GAC with their preferred mods when Arenas/TB/HSith requires mod switching if your even remotely competitive.

And now people are going to get screwed out of Kyber because theirs no way their modless characters can compete even with superior rosters or strat.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    srm2565 wrote: »
    Exactly. The "Stop Whining and have fun and dont join GAC til the last hour" is bologna. Not everyone has the option to be online til the last hour to join GAC with their preferred mods when Arenas/TB/HSith requires mod switching if your even remotely competitive.

And now people are going to get screwed out of Kyber because theirs no way their modless characters can compete even with superior rosters or strat.

If you aren’t on in the last hour to join you also aren’t moving mods or doing upgrades in the last hour. So just join whenever you finish doing those things.
  • Options
    GAC is nearly worthless....
    1. Match parings = bad... every match is a total blowout 1 way or the other.... I've not had a "close" match since it started.
    2. Cheating feels rampant... I've run into so many people who seem to have "god" mods on every character... sure it's possible, but unlikely
    3. rewards = blah.... just blah.... for a full weeks worth of effort, I "might" get a zeta / omega or 2? blah.....
    4. GAC store currency is so limited.... all those achievements earn you 25 to 60 ish, when everything in the store costs hundreds? blah.....

I play to practice non-arena teams, but as a system for evaluating skill, collecting rewards, etc., it's just worthless.
  • Options
    The forums are a fickle friend....

Forums : Uggghh..we're bored!! Give us more contenz!
    CG : We put ships back in GAC, so while not technically new, this round is different.
    Forums : zzzOMGS! Ewww, shut it duwn!!
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*