They can't write ?! 3 more words too much ? FO feat : "It's a Trap"

13Next

Replies

• Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Tbh, my first thought when I saw the feat said "First Order military" units was "So does this mean no Kylos?" But with that being said, it is not reasonable for them to expect that players will go check the forum for clarification. This is a mobile game, only a fraction of a fraction of the player base even knows the forum exists... most players have never checked the forum for anything and never will, and game developers should know that.

If you can't be bothered to check forums, discord, reddit, or even ask in guild chat, you probably aren't playing at a competitive level anyway.

This doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of players will not do any of those things. A smart game developer should understand that most players are not going to run to the internet to clarify the wording of a minor achievement in a mobile phone game, the easiest solution for everyone is to add a couple words in-game so that such a clarification is not necessary.
  • Options
    And another one of those threads by people with a brain not nearly functionnal enough.... As soon as I saw the feat I knew what it meant without the need for a forum post.... It's quite logical, when you have an IQ of more than a single digit....

Yes. It's perfectly logical, because executioners are always granted military rank. No one has ever been killed by a government for a crime that they committed unless the government employee doing the killing was first given military rank. Obviously. It's just IQ 9 level stupid to think anything else.

@Kookermader
    @CCyrilS wrote:
    If you can't be bothered to check forums, discord, reddit, or even ask in guild chat, you probably aren't playing at a competitive level anyway.
    This doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of players will not do any of those things. A smart game developer should understand that most players are not going to run to the internet to clarify the wording of a minor achievement in a mobile phone game, the easiest solution for everyone is to add a couple words in-game so that such a clarification is not necessary.

Exactly. While it's completely reasonable stop and say, "Huh, I wonder what that means? I wonder if I could find out by searching the internet?" it's the very predictability of people being confused about this and wanting to look it up that makes it obvious that CG should have given players all the information that they need in-game.

I'm sure that there are plenty of people who correctly guessed what "FOM" meant, despite the fact that an executioner isn't inherently military, to say the least, and that Kylo clearly does give orders to Phasma and others. That doesn't negate the fact that CG has a responsibility to communicate clearly.

CG is failing at that job.

Whether individual players also fail at being reasonable is irrelevant. CG needs to do better.
  • Options
    Tbh, my first thought when I saw the feat said "First Order military" units was "So does this mean no Kylos?" But with that being said, it is not reasonable for them to expect that players will go check the forum for clarification. This is a mobile game, only a fraction of a fraction of the player base even knows the forum exists... most players have never checked the forum for anything and never will, and game developers should know that.

...minor achievement in a mobile phone game....

Yet here we are
  • Options

Yet here we are

What is that even supposed to mean? It is a minor achievement, one that I did complete because I assumed correctly that Kylo was not included based on their unclear wording. No matter how minor it is, they could have very very easily avoided any potential confusion by adding 2-3 words to the description. From the perspective of good game design, that is a fail on their part. If you think it's reasonable that players should HAVE to check the forum for stuff like this, which could easily be resolved in the way described above, then you are the unreasonable one here.
  • Options

Yet here we are

What is that even supposed to mean? It is a minor achievement, one that I did complete because I assumed correctly that Kylo was not included based on their unclear wording. No matter how minor it is, they could have very very easily avoided any potential confusion by adding 2-3 words to the description. From the perspective of good game design, that is a fail on their part. If you think it's reasonable that players should HAVE to check the forum for stuff like this, which could easily be resolved in the way described above, then you are the unreasonable one here.

It means that this is par for the course with CG. Yes, it's a fail by CG. But it's far from the first and is actually expected at this point. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." We're well beyond being fooled twice by CG with this type of poor wording/communication.

I don't think it's reasonable that players should HAVE to check the forum but at this point it seems like the better of the two options (with the other option being: expect CG to change).
  • TVF
    36645 posts Member
    Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    I don't think it's reasonable that players should HAVE to check the forum but at this point it seems like the better of the two options (with the other option being: expect CG to change).

Stun guns!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I also misread the feat and made the same mistake, used an undersized FO squad with the Kylos and 2 other FO. Saw the feat didn’t register, reread the feat noticed it said First Order Military characters. Noticed my mistake immediately, while it hasn’t been stated before what ‘First Order Military’ means it isn’t that hard to draw the conclusion of what it is. My own fault, CG could be more clear, but this is on the player
  • Options

Yet here we are

You point out the triviality of it being just a minor reward in a game...but at the same time argue that its such a big deal as to require in game notice.
  • Options
    Just need to read properly, i can see no trick there...