state of the game

3d98j405qtxn.jpg

im F2P have 8 g13 now, after losing to this, ok bad rng first fight. then my traya w/thrawn loses badly, then my JKR squad melts. idk guys i think its time to play something else.

Relics made things worse

these epic characters are getting ridiculous

if i could opt out the rest of the GA i would.
next round ill probably just set my best teams out front and shut out my opponents from feats.

dont mean to rant just questioning why i play this game anymore

before anyone freaks out and calls me a noob, i went at this with a decent team that performs well in arena.

ghc0v7rcfdie.jpg

just find it frustrating to be unable to kill 3 toons after losing the only counter.

Replies

• Options
    I'm thinking about building that padme team but more and more stories like this are stopping me from taking them past 12
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I'm thinking about building that padme team but more and more stories like this are stopping me from taking them past 12
    You mean people playing badly and then complaining about 'unbeatable' teams?

There is no way you only take out two (or one on the first fight?) characters from a DR team with G13 Padmé if you play it at least a little smart. If you know what you are doing, there's no reason not to gear Padmé.
  • Options
    Debuff wrote: »
    just find it frustrating to be unable to kill 3 toons after losing the only counter.

The only counter? Really? That’s.... interesting.
  • Options
    Fun fact: your relics on the GR team are higher than the ones on the DR team. Don‘t complain about relics here mate...
  • Options

His problem is that ahsoka isn't past g12. Everyone talks about r7 Ani, but ahsoka is an offensive powerhouse as well.

e61azz0tnrhb.jpg
    rg34qsh98vd0.jpg

She can one shot that SiT easy.
  • Options

Padme was never quite top-tier, I think it's been clear from the start that she was always meant to be a versatile all-purpose GR b-team leader. You can stick almost any GR unit in that squad and it'll punch above its weight. Sounds great for TB.
  • Options
    8 G13. Gods, I have one. I'm over 4mil GP and I have one. I really don't manage well
  • Options
    3d98j405qtxn.jpg

im F2P have 8 g13 now, after losing to this, ok bad rng first fight. then my traya w/thrawn loses badly, then my JKR squad melts. idk guys i think its time to play something else.

Relics made things worse

if i could opt out the rest of the GA i would.
    next round ill probably just set my best teams out front and shut out my opponents from feats.

dont mean to rant just questioning why i play this game anymore

before anyone freaks out and calls me a noob, i went at this with a decent team that performs well in arena.

ghc0v7rcfdie.jpg

Ummm you used terrible teams against it. Those don't match up well.. that's your problem...
  • Boba_The_Fetter
    3393 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    High relic bastillas are pretty annoying, especially against nuke teams if she can survive the first crawl from GG it's tough to win then
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Let me elaborate. You used a JKR team? A team that it was designed to take out? Well..what did you expect? Then you used a Trea team w/ thrawn ahead of that? Again, DR was built to destroy leaders... the Sith Trim team is built around trea... isolate and fracture is what you were probably thinking. But you probably aren't doing due diligence and putting 6 dot mods back on Trea were you? And you probably got speed wreked from the start. Seeing most DR teams are 300+ speed and back in the day Trea held court 6 dot mods weren't around and I'm willing to bet your Trea doesn't go above 275 speed. ANd what team did you start off with? Padme? She's a soft counter, not a hard counter. ANd you need to ramp up stacks of courage to do it. ANd to do that you better be modded right.

But alas, I can defeat most DR teams with a SHaak Ti lead a few clones and JKA. And if I wanted to I could invest in a GG nuke team with 1 zeta to T3M4, but I do pretty well as it is. Those are 2 known hard counters to DR. And I have beated a DR team with rebels. A few times actually. And many do consistently.

Your lack of foresight into what you need on Offense to stifle their best defensive team was your own undoing.
  • Options
    DR teams are hard counters to Traya and JKR teams. You brought knives to a shootout and are stunned you got outgunned?
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    SkylarSong wrote: »
    8 G13. Gods, I have one. I'm over 4mil GP and I have one. I really don't manage well

You can have way more at 4m GP. Why don't you?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

At least GK and Anakin are worth taking to g13 and r7. Any DRM that a g12 Padme can't counter you can take out with this Bastila-led JKR team:

https://youtu.be/wc5qE8Mjksk
  • Options

Padme was never quite top-tier, I think it's been clear from the start that she was always meant to be a versatile all-purpose GR b-team leader. You can stick almost any GR unit in that squad and it'll punch above its weight. Sounds great for TB.

B squad? All things equal, there is not a squad she can't beat. That is not a B squad.

Now for those who don't know how to use her, or are foolish enough to use her without Ahsoka, then I guess it's a different story.
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

His problem is that ahsoka isn't past g12. Everyone talks about r7 Ani, but ahsoka is an offensive powerhouse as well.

e61azz0tnrhb.jpg
    rg34qsh98vd0.jpg

She can one shot that SiT easy.

SiT, easy? YEP! My CLS was r6 with guard just the other day, full health and prot with a defense off-set, she 1 shot whirlwinded him.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    3d98j405qtxn.jpg

Relics made things worse

I'm F2p as well, with less g13s than you and lower relic levels than you. Win rate so far about 85% in division 1. And as already pointed out in another response, you have higher relic levels than your opponent. That should prove that relics are not your problem here. Either your roster, your strategy or your execution of that strategy is.

• Options
    Ill admit it was bad rng on my first hit. Hk had 1 opportunity to snipe JKA and it ruined my run.

Honestly thought i was toast but somehow won this.

• Options

B squad? All things equal, there is not a squad she can't beat. That is not a B squad.

Now for those who don't know how to use her, or are foolish enough to use her without Ahsoka, then I guess it's a different story.

Ewoks and Nightsisters can also beat anything with some effort. They're still b-squads. Top-tier meta teams like DR or JKR when he came out, on the other hand, can beat almost anything with no effort.

And you're using Ahsoka in that Padme squad of yours. She's meta, and belongs in a GAS squad. Switch out Ahsoka, and suddenly Padme only packs half the punch.

No Padme is a b-squad leader. Was almost meta upon release, can even beat meta teams... Why? Because it's a **** good versatile b-team squad. Just wait and see in the coming months. Padme will probably be your go-to kitchen sink TB lead, after having burnt such squads as JKR, GAS, and CLS, Padme can get you a decent score with almost any LS toons. She's not just a b-team leader, she's the ultimate b-team leader. And that's a good thing! Now now, I know some of you really wanted Padme to be the next meta thing. She wasn't. She's the b-team.
  • Options

Ewoks and Nightsisters can also beat anything with some effort. They're still b-squads. Top-tier meta teams like DR or JKR when he came out, on the other hand, can beat almost anything with no effort.

And you're using Ahsoka in that Padme squad of yours. She's meta, and belongs in a GAS squad. Switch out Ahsoka, and suddenly Padme only packs half the punch.

No Padme is a b-squad leader. Was almost meta upon release, can even beat meta teams... Why? Because it's a **** good versatile b-team squad. Just wait and see in the coming months. Padme will probably be your go-to kitchen sink TB lead, after having burnt such squads as JKR, GAS, and CLS, Padme can get you a decent score with almost any LS toons. She's not just a b-team leader, she's the ultimate b-team leader. And that's a good thing! Now now, I know some of you really wanted Padme to be the next meta thing. She wasn't. She's the b-team.

Don't remember the last time I saw ewoks or NS in top 20 arena.

But go ahead and undersestimate her. Makes it easier for those of us who have her.
  • Options
    Another thing to consider is preloaded TM. Once you lose the first match, the next attempt those toons are gonna have some turn meter already up at the start. Makes it all the more harder.
  • Options

Don't remember the last time I saw ewoks or NS in top 20 arena.

But go ahead and undersestimate her. Makes it easier for those of us who have her.

Oh I have her. G11 with zetas, and she's good too. So good in fact, that she's perfect for a b-team leader. You keep replying as if i said Padme is crap or something, and I never did. In fact, for me to even remotely consider building her into a b-team leader, she'd have to be good and able to beat most things in the game, otherwise, what's the point? The thing is, that she lacks the sort of game-breaking meta-shaking mechanics like DR or JKR, GSK, or Traya and CLS before that. Most of which are only very powerful in very specific setups. Meanwhile Padme has the most versatile leader ability released in a very long time. She's the b-team leader. Just accept it.