GA Fleet Battles.

Just putting this in here to vent, but, Who actually like the fleet battle section of the Grand Arena? i mean, both players will put their best team on defence and then stalemate it. It was pointless last time, it's pointless now. I mean if there were mulitple viable teams that were easier to farm and gear up it would be ok, but thats not the case. anyone who has a AA team with HT and HMF are just unbeatable until people finally get GK's Negotiator which takes 90 years to unlock.

Just a wee rant, played the game for nearly 4 years now, and its beginning to look like the end for many people because of stupid decisions.

Anyway what are your thoughts?

Replies

  • Putting the best fleet on defence could be sensible for the individual GA events but not for GAC. In the GAC you generally want to win with maximum points, so by putting best fleet on defense you just hurt yourself (unless it's the only strategy which can allow you to win against given opponent).
  • Yea, I know, it's something that more people are learning is the strat to do. But if they have the millenium falcon there, whats the point in trying if you don't have it to trigger a mirror match. I feel that ships is kinda pointless and not an area people actually care that much about due to the additional grind of both characters and ships resources. But hey, that may just be me
  • RyogaHibiki
    31 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Fleet node in back is a trashy move; I likely won't do well in this GAC either. I'm so invested in fleet and all guildmates congratulated me when this mode was announced. So I have this amazing defense, but it's in the back, so it can't protect any quadrants...

    Fleet 👍

    GAC fleet execution 👎

    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/514606228429733888/643150675949387789/Screenshot_20191110-130345__01.jpg
  • Fleet node in back is a trashy move; I likely won't do well in this GAC either. I'm so invested in fleet and all guildmates congratulated me when this mode was announced. So I have this amazing defense, but it's in the back, so it can't protect any quadrants...

    Fleet 👍

    GAC fleet execution 👎

    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/514606228429733888/643150675949387789/Screenshot_20191110-130345__01.jpg

    You're lucky you have a good fleet, mine is only mediocre. I do understand why it is in the back, because it would be seriously **** if you don't have a meta ship team and go up against someone who did and you get stuck behind that wall every week.

    Personally as i've said above, i don't think Ships should be added until they introduce a more diverse roster of ships and teams and make them easily farmable for all players. everyone focuses on characters, but hardly anyone properly goes out to farm ships as they are garbage and a boring aspect of the game. This is CG's way of saying "hey, we have this game mode no one likes, we're gonna make you play it so that our whales and 5 % who have the meta team can get some fun in"

    I got Kyber last time, and i doubt i'll get it this time because of ships
  • Binary wrote: »
    Yea, I know, it's something that more people are learning is the strat to do. But if they have the millenium falcon there, whats the point in trying if you don't have it to trigger a mirror match. I feel that ships is kinda pointless and not an area people actually care that much about due to the additional grind of both characters and ships resources. But hey, that may just be me

    You feel wrong. I care much about fleet and I'm pretty certain I'm a people.
  • Binary wrote: »
    Just putting this in here to vent, but, Who actually like the fleet battle section of the Grand Arena? i mean, both players will put their best team on defence and then stalemate it. It was pointless last time, it's pointless now. I mean if there were mulitple viable teams that were easier to farm and gear up it would be ok, but thats not the case. anyone who has a AA team with HT and HMF are just unbeatable until people finally get GK's Negotiator which takes 90 years to unlock.

    Just a wee rant, played the game for nearly 4 years now, and its beginning to look like the end for many people because of stupid decisions.

    Anyway what are your thoughts?

    If you're almost sure your opponent's best fleet will be on defense, why not plan accordingly and keep yours for offense. You can still wall it off with strong squads in case you're wrong.

    In the end, this is exactly like the Game of Revans in squad. Nowadays we have Padme, GG and other counters, but not everyone has those teams. If you both have the Revan bros and you both put them on defense, you end up with the same stalemate.
  • Binary wrote: »
    Fleet node in back is a trashy move; I likely won't do well in this GAC either. I'm so invested in fleet and all guildmates congratulated me when this mode was announced. So I have this amazing defense, but it's in the back, so it can't protect any quadrants...

    Fleet 👍

    GAC fleet execution 👎

    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/514606228429733888/643150675949387789/Screenshot_20191110-130345__01.jpg

    You're lucky you have a good fleet, mine is only mediocre. I do understand why it is in the back, because it would be seriously **** if you don't have a meta ship team and go up against someone who did and you get stuck behind that wall every week.

    Personally as i've said above, i don't think Ships should be added until they introduce a more diverse roster of ships and teams and make them easily farmable for all players. everyone focuses on characters, but hardly anyone properly goes out to farm ships as they are garbage and a boring aspect of the game. This is CG's way of saying "hey, we have this game mode no one likes, we're gonna make you play it so that our whales and 5 % who have the meta team can get some fun in"

    I got Kyber last time, and i doubt i'll get it this time because of ships

    Well, it should suck if you don't have a meta fleet. After all, this is fleet GAC. Those of us who have geared the likes of Bistan and Cassian instead of building a squad GAC-optimized roster have a harder team in non-fleet GAC modes. It would be only fair if we had an advantage in this mode. But no, it had to be another squad GAC with a fleet hidden away behind Loincloth Magneto or r7 GG.
  • Binary wrote: »
    Fleet node in back is a trashy move; I likely won't do well in this GAC either. I'm so invested in fleet and all guildmates congratulated me when this mode was announced. So I have this amazing defense, but it's in the back, so it can't protect any quadrants...

    Fleet 👍

    GAC fleet execution 👎

    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/514606228429733888/643150675949387789/Screenshot_20191110-130345__01.jpg

    You're lucky you have a good fleet, mine is only mediocre. I do understand why it is in the back, because it would be seriously **** if you don't have a meta ship team and go up against someone who did and you get stuck behind that wall every week.

    Personally as i've said above, i don't think Ships should be added until they introduce a more diverse roster of ships and teams and make them easily farmable for all players. everyone focuses on characters, but hardly anyone properly goes out to farm ships as they are garbage and a boring aspect of the game. This is CG's way of saying "hey, we have this game mode no one likes, we're gonna make you play it so that our whales and 5 % who have the meta team can get some fun in"

    I got Kyber last time, and i doubt i'll get it this time because of ships

    Well, it should suck if you don't have a meta fleet. After all, this is fleet GAC. Those of us who have geared the likes of Bistan and Cassian instead of building a squad GAC-optimized roster have a harder team in non-fleet GAC modes. It would be only fair if we had an advantage in this mode. But no, it had to be another squad GAC with a fleet hidden away behind Loincloth Magneto or r7 GG.

    You are of a small percetage who actually enjoy ships then, as the general consensus from friends who play the game, youtubers, those in my guild is that Ships in both ship arena, and GAC are not loved by anyone. I obviously understand there are those of you out there who love it, but i believe most don't.

    adding in something that has no depth to it and there are only a few permutations that you can run is incredibly dull. stuck with either mirror matches, or you have been one of those guys who are in a top guild and hoarded your GET2 currency to get the negotiator.

    At present there are too many things going on for actual squads to really consider ships. not to mention the grind of having to gear up pointless characters like bistan,
  • 808boss
    4 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Usually have no issues beating ackbar fleets with M I L F , Biggs , bistan In fleet arena with my negotiator . Just barely lost my GA bc of the fleet battle. My negotiator lost to an ackbar team because all my debuffs weren’t sticking on my opponents ships. Biggs just kept cleansing all the debuffs and regenerating protection. Whenever I use my ackbar against a negotiator fleet in arena, all their debuffs stick on my ships. Is it just bad rng? 6 e mods that make the difference? I looked at my opponents mods. No 6e mods . Either way just highly annoying. Gac is getting to be a chore now and much less fun especially with fleets and the mediocre prizes. Just had to vent.
  • Number of debuffs, at 2 or less they stick, at 3 or over they cleanse. Part of the kit.
  • I'm more than happy they finally added Fleets to the GAC. It forces people to adapt and helps to balance matchup for those that get put in a higher divison just because of a high fleet GM. Would even appreciate if fleets would be in the front row.
    Also, there are no special issues about GAC fleet battles, that are not already present in regular fleet arenas. Someone with a Negotiator and strong GR ships will have an advantage compared to someone who has not, nothing special here.
    Binary wrote: »
    [...]
    You are of a small percetage who actually enjoy ships then, as the general consensus from friends who play the game, youtubers, those in my guild is that Ships in both ship arena, and GAC are not loved by anyone. I obviously understand there are those of you out there who love it, but i believe most don't.
    See the contradiction? Your own opinion aswell as the opinion of your friends and guild and some youtube kids are defenitely not the general consensus, that's just a ridicoulus small database. Basicly it's just a couple of mind-like people and your personal assumption.
    Binary wrote: »
    adding in something that has no depth to it and there are only a few permutations that you can run is incredibly dull. stuck with either mirror matches, or you have been one of those guys who are in a top guild and hoarded your GET2 currency to get the negotiator.

    At present there are too many things going on for actual squads to really consider ships. not to mention the grind of having to gear up pointless characters like bistan,
    Plz don't talk about depth in this rock-paper-scissors(-bazooka for whales and krakens) game, there's as much depth or no depth in fleets as in regular fights. Fighting the same few meta teams over and over again is just as dull.
    At least fleets can reward those who actually invested in something else but the current meta and maybe shows all those Revan and *add the current fotm here* sheep, that there's more to Star Wars.

    P.S.: no, I don't have a Negotiator nor will have it anytime soon
  • God I hate fleets in GAC. If you don't have both GK & Ackbar capital ships with decent teams you almost always lose. And if you lose a match, you thought pre loaded TM in normal matches was bad? Pfft. And then as a nice big juicy extra middle finger to the players base, they take the zeta it out the rewards for 1st place? WHY? And why can't all the capital ships be at least somewhat useful/ competitive? If you lose with your 1 decent fleet, you will then lose with the other 3, probably only getting to call in a single reinforcement in 4 battles. THERE'S ONLY 5 OF THEM!!!! And most people still don't have the new one. But if you do, when then everyone can just kiss your...
  • @Binary
    I find your lack of faith in ships disturbing; I already have 3 usable fleet, and a 4th that's so-so.

    My original post was a plea for CG to send players like you into a loss streak, so players like me can reliably win for once. You say you've gotten kyber, so you already have won quite enough in order to get that. This is a fleet involved GAC where the best fleet investors do amazingly bad, whether it's from matchups or just execution of this mode; it doesn't make sense. Are you're telling us you don't have a decent fleet and still expect to succeed on a fleet involved GAC??? You're in luck!! With fleet node in the back you can just over protect ships with ground units (like when they planned to strap humans onto tanks for added protection in South Park movie)

    There's enough squad meta superiority content; Fleet focused players should not be losing fleet involved GAC to players without fleet excellence.

    I'll gladly take a GAC with both front defense fleet nodes. Or just 1.... If we must...
Sign In or Register to comment.