So unprofessional..

I opened an ingame ticket a couple of days ago concerning the purple material drop rate in cantina, which has clearly been lowered compared to a couple of months ago. I'm not talking about an evening's cold streak but about month-long averages. Here is the answer I received:

=======================================================
Greetings,

(following part is inside a frame, obviously a copy-paste)

We really appreciate you for taking the time to contact us about your concerns. We appreciate our players suggestion and game idea's to make our game better. I understand you want some changes in the game regarding time zone. To be honest with you XXXXX at the moment we do not have the option for making such in game changes.

However, I'd encourage you to post this suggestion on our Forums so that our Development Team take a note of it. Forums offer an effective medium to communicate with our team directly as they are an active participant there and constantly checks the feedback and comments posted on the Forums. Interestingly, you can interact with other players as
well. To post your comments, please visit the link :

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/

If there is anything else I may assist you with, please update this email having case id # 23014567 and let me know.

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

(end of frame(paste)

Regards,
Mxxxxx N. (hiding name to preserve person to person mail intimacy)
EA Customer Experience
=================================================

Please tell me this is some kind of joke? purple materia drop rate question answered by this?

I guess all our tickets are auto-sent to a foreign country for processing, where they are not even read, just attributed a standard copy-paste answer, same for everyone. The XXXXX in the text are in the answer I received, they didn't even take some time to replace it with my name lol.

I think you guys should be ashamed to treat your customers with so little consideration, it's just insulting.

Nothing else to add.

Replies

• zerizut
    425 posts Member
    Options
    lulz
  • Options
    Well it is pretty much the standard across this industry to respond to first contacts with such typical boilerplate. You where given a case id to escalate the contact, if you feel you have a valid concern use it. I am not sure what sort of response you are expecting, but make the attempt before giving up and claiming bad service.
  • Options
    unfortunately that's customer service now a days. Most customer service has been farmed to overseas call centers where they read from a script and repeat themselves until you give up. In fact, a lot of call centers have either gone to email based communication, or buried their telephone number so deep in the website or user manual that the average person cant even find it.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    forum guidelines advise against publicly posting any correspondence between players and support. those conversations should be private, even if you cover up their names.
    @BentWookie
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    I can understand your frustration...
  • Options
    @reizse : I'm afraid this answer does not qualify as "support" anymore.

And I can clearly understand why they wouldn't want this kind of exchange to appear anywhere public. Respect "privacy" is just a poor excuse to avoid the embarassement of such testimonies getting public.

Also, the answer specifically asks me to post my issue on this forum, which I am doing.
  • Options
    Topic removed from General Discussion less than 45 min after OP. Great way of dealing with the issue! <claps at the censorship>
  • Options
    Merkur0m wrote: »
    Topic removed from General Discussion less than 45 min after OP. Great way of dealing with the issue! <claps at the censorship>

LOL.... (While slow clapping in unison)
    Use the force Luke.... and get rid of that stupid musket.
  • Options
    @reizse : I'm afraid this answer does not qualify as "support" anymore.

And I can clearly understand why they wouldn't want this kind of exchange to appear anywhere public. Respect "privacy" is just a poor excuse to avoid the embarassement of such testimonies getting public.

Also, the answer specifically asks me to post my issue on this forum, which I am doing.

Hahaha.... Classic
    Use the force Luke.... and get rid of that stupid musket.
  • Options

Moving it to the right section isn't censorship.
    In fact it will probably be more noticeable to the people who can actually do something about it in this section vs. the zoo of trolls that is, general discussion.
  • Options
    Well, after asking them to "try again", I got a second answer explaining character shards drop mechanics <facepalm>.

I thanked for this second (failed) off-topic attempt to discuss my issue. Not posting it here since I might get in trouble if reizse is right about that guideline.

But that was the last time I used in-game help.This service is clearly not answering players' needs at all.
    I have no idea how much EA pays this overseas company for that service, but not only is it completely wasted money, it also has the opposite effect and making players more frustrated and disappointed than they originally were.

Sad. Sorry for the rant, feeling better now = )