GAC w/ Ships

Please take it out. Not only do you remove Zetas because you know it's unbalanced but the ships on GAC is... unbalanced. Which should I place on D? My **** or my Negotiator. I feel bad for anyone that hasn't farmed Negotiator yet cause if you didn't, you're going to lose most of you Div 1 GAs. So far between the 2 matches, I have knocked out the enemy negotiator on D after the 2nd or 3rd battle. No diversity. Pick and chose and pray the RNG is on your side when the enemy attacks your Defensive ship squad. If you lose, I guess you only lost omegas so oh well. Anyone enjoying ships in GAC? Might as well bring back 3v3. Or maybe even 1v1. Or maybe even TW bonuses. Anything is better then ship GAC.
Fyi, I do own negotiator. Been using on offense however, predicting they use Negotiator on Defense because my Negotiator will steamroll a **** squad.

Replies

• Options
    I love ships and I can't wait to have 2 ship battles inside a GAC. :)
    Just wait for it. Ships will get some love.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    What is your basis for saying they took out zetas because they "know it's unbalanced"?
  • Options
    I’m sorry it’s so boring for you, but I just had a very exciting GA match with my Thrawn against their Negotiator. Went down to the last ship, I got lucky and was able to scrape out a win (first match). A lot more fun than “who’s got more Relic toons”.
  • Options
    I’m sorry it’s so boring for you, but I just had a very exciting GA match with my Thrawn against their Negotiator. Went down to the last ship, I got lucky and was able to scrape out a win (first match). A lot more fun than “who’s got more Relic toons”.

This is obviously an outright lie. All these rage posts on the forums and Reddit are very clear... there’s no way to beat Negotiator except with a mirror match. Also, there’s no way to beat Malak without Malak.

For those that need it, here it is.... /s
  • Options
    I routinely beat 6* negotiator fleets with reliced pilots with my falcon fleet. Saying there isn't a way to beat a negotiator on Defense without negotiator is patently false.
  • Options
    So...

Ships are bad because the new meta is stronger than the old meta... and you can't guarantee you'll win the mirror match.... and people without the new meta will struggle to beat you...

Now why does this sound familiar? OH!! Maybe because its exactly the **** same as character gac.
  • Options
    Akenno wrote: »
    I love ships and I can't wait to have 2 ship battles inside a GAC. :)
    Just wait for it. Ships will get some love.

unless they truley add like 5 more capital ships, 40 ships for those capitals, and balance squads for every capital ship i never want to see more then 1 ship battle in GAC. fighting the falcon, or negotiator is bad enough but both on defense will be crazy
  • Options
    It’s really not hard to beat Negotiator. I’m still 15 shards away from unlocking it (AND ONLY CAN AFFORD 10! Bathe me in your pity!) and I beat it on the first try all the time in Fleet Arena with Home One.

Sure, I have to put a different fleet on defense, but did you know there is no law against having more than one good fleet? Thrawn with Geo Solider, Spy, and HT up front, Sun Fac and all three other BH ships in reserve is more fun than the legal limit of fun as imposed by the Federal Fun Statute of 1997 (FFS97, HR:12187).
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    How many division 1 players haven’t unlocked the negotiator yet?!
    I know some are holding their currency in case another capital
    Ship drops...but anyone in that camp is making a conscious decision to fall behind now in hopes of leaping ahead later.
    Anyhow...a strong Geo fleet can hold your def just as well as a falcon and your own falcon can take out their Negotiator if you play it right.
    You don’t need two great fleets to pull even in ships and make it about the squads. If your ships are terrible are you don’t have one good fleet to win on offence...then you are in trouble.
  • Options
    So, do we get 4 rounds of no zeta mats? If so, awsome!!! I mean who needs zeta mats? 5 trash ship omegas are so much better. I only have 700 of those. Now I can finally ... Oh who cares?
  • Options
    Krashxxxx wrote: »
    So, do we get 4 rounds of no zeta mats? If so, awsome!!! I mean who needs zeta mats? 5 trash ship omegas are so much better. I only have 700 of those. Now I can finally ... Oh who cares?

Other players are in different situations than you. For instance, I currently have 130 zeta mats, but only 68 ship omegas. Personally, although zetas are always a nice reward, I welcome the chance to get more ship omegas during this GAC.
  • Options
    Ships battles are a bigger RNG fest than regular arena. CG is perfectly fine with that though because a broader spectrum of RNG makes them more money from frustration purchases.

I just wish my Falcon assisted half as much as the AI's falcon does when I'm attacking....Oh wait! It does!
  • Options
    Even i am able to beat Negotiator lineups and this really means something. I don't have a single G13 pilot and killed fleets with several R4 or higher ones. This is my fleet btw:

xc01i62biadb.jpeg
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    Xhowrude wrote: »
    Anyone enjoying ships in GAC?
    Yes.
    Xhowrude wrote: »
    Might as well bring back 3v3.
    Hell yeah!
  • Options
    Kisakee wrote: »
    Even i am able to beat Negotiator lineups and this really means something. I don't have a single G13 pilot and killed fleets with several R4 or higher ones. This is my fleet btw:

xc01i62biadb.jpeg

Relic'd pilots actually mean nothing. I had the first Relic'd Han and Chewie on my fleet arena shard and still got beaten constantly like they were still G12. Even fighting other fleets they don't hit much harder and don't survive much more than before. My G10-11 phantom pilots can still take out anakin and ahsoka at R7 like they are any other ship.

Perhaps they are "supposed to" be better, stronger, hit harder, but they really don't. Then again, CG also has no concept of "tank" or "attacker" in regards to ships since tank ships are hitting for 140K and my attackers hit for 90-110K. CG screwed up ships with ships 2.0 and haven't done much to fix what they broke. Perhaps they will "soon"? (like when the new non-skywalker trilogy is fully released?) :tongue:
  • Options
    Pulsipher wrote: »
    How many division 1 players haven’t unlocked the negotiator yet?!
    I know some are holding their currency in case another capital
    Ship drops...but anyone in that camp is making a conscious decision to fall behind now in hopes of leaping ahead later.
    Anyhow...a strong Geo fleet can hold your def just as well as a falcon and your own falcon can take out their Negotiator if you play it right.
    You don’t need two great fleets to pull even in ships and make it about the squads. If your ships are terrible are you don’t have one good fleet to win on offence...then you are in trouble.

Hate to say it but I am one of those poor souls in Division 1 without the Negotiator, But still manage to win fleet battles, It is one of those things, who do you hold on defense and who do you attack with, go strong and hope to hold for extra banners on offense or stall them out with a tough defense. Having to much Roster fluff makes it a tough match up but still love the competition GAC brings to the game, Just wish it was like an every day battle rather than a 2 times a month event.

• Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Kisakee wrote: »

xc01i62biadb.jpeg

Relic'd pilots actually mean nothing. I had the first Relic'd Han and Chewie on my fleet arena shard and still got beaten constantly like they were still G12. Even fighting other fleets they don't hit much harder and don't survive much more than before. My G10-11 phantom pilots can still take out anakin and ahsoka at R7 like they are any other ship.

Perhaps they are "supposed to" be better, stronger, hit harder, but they really don't. Then again, CG also has no concept of "tank" or "attacker" in regards to ships since tank ships are hitting for 140K and my attackers hit for 90-110K. CG screwed up ships with ships 2.0 and haven't done much to fix what they broke. Perhaps they will "soon"? (like when the new non-skywalker trilogy is fully released?) :tongue:

This is exactly true. Not sure how people think their relic'd pilots make their fleet sooo much better. I have r7 han and r4 chewy and it hits a little harder and has a little more protection and my r5 bossk has about 10000 more protection but when ships can hit huge these amounts are insignificant and make little difference. Now if the falcon could go hit twice as hard (Like relics did for squads) and my ht gained 20000 health and 50000 protection then you could say relics are helpful and important but at the moment they make little difference.

Another example is my sabine who is still only 3* but I can still climb to top 5 and have beaten 5* negotiators. Shows pilots don't have the biggest impact on ships as they should