The Mandalorian

1235Next

Replies

  • khelzac wrote: »
    Episode 8 spoiler
    Was that...a darksaber at the end??

    Not just a
    darksaber
    , the only
    darksaber
    .
  • Highly enjoyed the series.

    After seeing ROS and Mando- I wish the devs decided to implement mando instead. Obvi they couldn’t but very excited to see characters come in.
    Mando BH Scoundrel LS (our first one) Moff Gideon! Empire leader and dark saber!
  • Yes, yes it was
  • Boo wrote: »
    Baby Yoda

    He reached out with the force instinctively to save his protector from being killed.

    He also sensed tension between Mando and Cara during their arm wrestle, and mistook fun for something serious and so instinctively force choked Cara, again to protect Mando.

    But the Force heal - how did he learn that. It doesn't seem like it was an inactive reaction to someone he had never met before. However he is 50 years old. He may not talk but maybe he has been able to play with some powers - just like how a child may learn how to correctly move their hands, feet, grip, roll, walk etc. but being a baby for like 50 years allows him an advantage over other species to explore his powers a little...

    Not really sure. Does anyone have any thoughts on this issue?

    Well I like to imagine myself in Jon's shoes pre conception of Mando, he likely did a bunch of homework. Revisiting all Star Wars before force awakens, remember when Yoda said Anakin is too old to begin Jedi training. Well that would likely imply that he began his training at a remarkable young age, so it must be synonymous for their race to begin training once born. If Yodas race is so abundantly gifted with the force then I am convinced that one would have to begin training ASAP. Otherwise baby gonna force choke mama when he/she don't get a teet suckle.
  • @khelzac I do believe so.
    Officer in Ewoks Fit In Blenders. Traya, Wat & Negotiator on farm.
  • Boo
    3926 posts Member
    khelzac wrote: »
    Episode 8 spoiler
    Was that...a darksaber at the end??

    Yes. I am guessing a Mandalorian purge (they keep referring to) happened between the events of Rebels and The Mandalorian, as the darksaber was given from Sabine back to the Madalorians. Now it is in the hands of Moff Giddeon.

    It will be Mando's by the time the series ends!
  • Boo
    3926 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    Baby Yoda

    He reached out with the force instinctively to save his protector from being killed.

    He also sensed tension between Mando and Cara during their arm wrestle, and mistook fun for something serious and so instinctively force choked Cara, again to protect Mando.

    But the Force heal - how did he learn that. It doesn't seem like it was an inactive reaction to someone he had never met before. However he is 50 years old. He may not talk but maybe he has been able to play with some powers - just like how a child may learn how to correctly move their hands, feet, grip, roll, walk etc. but being a baby for like 50 years allows him an advantage over other species to explore his powers a little...

    Not really sure. Does anyone have any thoughts on this issue?

    Added it so people wouldnt question it in Episode 9. Havent you noticed all the issuse people having with Rey and her powers they gave to Boda and everyone buys it for some reason?

    Like I say, although he is a "baby" or "child" he is 50 years old!, so perhaps he has had some time to experiment with his abilities and can push himself into doing some cool things - yet he always acts out of desperation or some emotional circumstance - unlike Rey.
  • Boo
    3926 posts Member
    The Darksaber was a special lightsaber crafted by the only Mandalorian who joined the Jedi, and upon his death it was taken from the Jedi Temple by the Mandalorians as a cultural heirloom of their people. Who wielded the Darksaber was considered "Mandalore" and had the power to unite the Mandalorian clans. Pre Viszla, leader of the Death Watch Clan wielded the Darksaber during the Clone Wars.

    During the Clone Wars Mandalore was seiged again by Maul's Shadow Collective. Maul defeated Viszla and claimed the Darksaber. Maul's coupe ended when Maul was defeated by Sidious and the Republic intervened to establish peace - due to Republic involvement, it sided with the Republic during the remaining Clone Wars and became an Imperial planet at the rise of the Galactic Empire.

    The Empire ruled Mandalore and enforced its rule through leading Mandalorian clans, such as Gar Saxon - however Mandalore had rival clans opposing the likes of Saxon and the Empire - led by Death Watch.

    Darth Maul upon escaping Sidious' clutches fled to Dathomir, where he left the Darksaber, later to be discovered by Sabine and Ezra during the events of Rebels.

    Sabine Wren then wielded the Darksaber, and gave it to the sister of Duchess Satine, Bo-Katan Kryze, the new leader of Death Watch.

    With Bo-Katan now wielding the Darksaber she had the means to unite the clans against the Empire - we see no more of this in Rebels.

    With the Darksaber now in the hands of the Empire as seen in E8 of the Mandalorian, it is clear the Empire purged Mandalore of its uprising, somewhere between the events of Rebels and the Mandalorian. This is the "purge" referred to in the Mandalorian show and why the Mandos went into hiding.

    With the Mandalorian getting all his equipment upgraded (armour, weapons and now a jet pack) it is only a matter of time before he will be the one to wield the Darksaber and lead the Mandalorians as the new Mandalore...This is the Way.

    If they do find a Jedi - which is likely to be Luke in this timeline (unless they somehow create a new character, but it really should be Luke and not sure how they would do that for the show), Baby Yoda needs to be returned to the Jedi, as is Mando's new mission at the end of E8.

    If Mando eventually possess the Darksaber, he could receive proper lightsaber training to wield it as well.
  • Boo
    3926 posts Member
    So is it at all possible that the Mandalorian armorer/blacksmith in the show could actually be revealed as Bo-Katan Kryze?

    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Bo-Katan_Kryze

    Just a thought, wonder the rest of ya think.
  • Could the game implement a new tag 'Clan of Two'?
  • Boo
    3926 posts Member
    Could the game implement a new tag 'Clan of Two'?

    We'll need the Mando toons first.
  • Boo wrote: »
    So is it at all possible that the Mandalorian armorer/blacksmith in the show could actually be revealed as Bo-Katan Kryze?

    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Bo-Katan_Kryze

    Just a thought, wonder the rest of ya think.

    She would be pretty old.

  • Boo
    3926 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    So is it at all possible that the Mandalorian armorer/blacksmith in the show could actually be revealed as Bo-Katan Kryze?

    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Bo-Katan_Kryze

    Just a thought, wonder the rest of ya think.

    She would be pretty old.

    Very true, lol
  • Boo
    3926 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    Baby Yoda

    He reached out with the force instinctively to save his protector from being killed.

    He also sensed tension between Mando and Cara during their arm wrestle, and mistook fun for something serious and so instinctively force choked Cara, again to protect Mando.

    But the Force heal - how did he learn that. It doesn't seem like it was an inactive reaction to someone he had never met before. However he is 50 years old. He may not talk but maybe he has been able to play with some powers - just like how a child may learn how to correctly move their hands, feet, grip, roll, walk etc. but being a baby for like 50 years allows him an advantage over other species to explore his powers a little...

    Not really sure. Does anyone have any thoughts on this issue?

    Added it so people wouldnt question it in Episode 9. Havent you noticed all the issuse people having with Rey and her powers they gave to Boda and everyone buys it for some reason?

    Like I say, although he is a "baby" or "child" he is 50 years old!, so perhaps he has had some time to experiment with his abilities and can push himself into doing some cool things - yet he always acts out of desperation or some emotional circumstance - unlike Rey.

    For me this whole heal/stop death ability is a big plot issue.

    The fact that the force itself personified, Anakin, couldn't do it and actually was the cause in faling to the darkside in order to discover this power and save the ones he loves - why can Baby Yoda, Rey, Kylo and Palpatine all do it without any real explanation?

    Its pretty breaking in terms of lore and story - it certainly needs an explanation, which I am sure we are not going to get from Disney.

    The ST is one huge mess, but I hope that the Mandalorian touches on this issue and provides some explaining.
  • Boo wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    Baby Yoda

    He reached out with the force instinctively to save his protector from being killed.

    He also sensed tension between Mando and Cara during their arm wrestle, and mistook fun for something serious and so instinctively force choked Cara, again to protect Mando.

    But the Force heal - how did he learn that. It doesn't seem like it was an inactive reaction to someone he had never met before. However he is 50 years old. He may not talk but maybe he has been able to play with some powers - just like how a child may learn how to correctly move their hands, feet, grip, roll, walk etc. but being a baby for like 50 years allows him an advantage over other species to explore his powers a little...

    Not really sure. Does anyone have any thoughts on this issue?

    Added it so people wouldnt question it in Episode 9. Havent you noticed all the issuse people having with Rey and her powers they gave to Boda and everyone buys it for some reason?

    Like I say, although he is a "baby" or "child" he is 50 years old!, so perhaps he has had some time to experiment with his abilities and can push himself into doing some cool things - yet he always acts out of desperation or some emotional circumstance - unlike Rey.

    For me this whole heal/stop death ability is a big plot issue.

    The fact that the force itself personified, Anakin, couldn't do it and actually was the cause in faling to the darkside in order to discover this power and save the ones he loves - why can Baby Yoda, Rey, Kylo and Palpatine all do it without any real explanation?

    Its pretty breaking in terms of lore and story - it certainly needs an explanation, which I am sure we are not going to get from Disney.

    The ST is one huge mess, but I hope that the Mandalorian touches on this issue and provides some explaining.

    Maybe Yoda was right and misread the prophecy was. Perhaps it never actually applied to Anakin. But then Anakin was in a time where there were lots of Jedi and the power was diluted over the group? IDK, people are taking this franchise way tooo seriously.
  • Boo wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    Baby Yoda

    He reached out with the force instinctively to save his protector from being killed.

    He also sensed tension between Mando and Cara during their arm wrestle, and mistook fun for something serious and so instinctively force choked Cara, again to protect Mando.

    But the Force heal - how did he learn that. It doesn't seem like it was an inactive reaction to someone he had never met before. However he is 50 years old. He may not talk but maybe he has been able to play with some powers - just like how a child may learn how to correctly move their hands, feet, grip, roll, walk etc. but being a baby for like 50 years allows him an advantage over other species to explore his powers a little...

    Not really sure. Does anyone have any thoughts on this issue?

    Added it so people wouldnt question it in Episode 9. Havent you noticed all the issuse people having with Rey and her powers they gave to Boda and everyone buys it for some reason?

    Like I say, although he is a "baby" or "child" he is 50 years old!, so perhaps he has had some time to experiment with his abilities and can push himself into doing some cool things - yet he always acts out of desperation or some emotional circumstance - unlike Rey.

    For me this whole heal/stop death ability is a big plot issue.

    The fact that the force itself personified, Anakin, couldn't do it and actually was the cause in faling to the darkside in order to discover this power and save the ones he loves - why can Baby Yoda, Rey, Kylo and Palpatine all do it without any real explanation?

    Its pretty breaking in terms of lore and story - it certainly needs an explanation, which I am sure we are not going to get from Disney.

    The ST is one huge mess, but I hope that the Mandalorian touches on this issue and provides some explaining.

    If Star Wars doesn't work for you anymore, just stop investing so much in it. You'll be much happier. Or maybe just start writing your own fan fiction. I'm sure there are a lot of disgruntled fans out there that would eat it up.
  • Boo
    3926 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    Baby Yoda

    He reached out with the force instinctively to save his protector from being killed.

    He also sensed tension between Mando and Cara during their arm wrestle, and mistook fun for something serious and so instinctively force choked Cara, again to protect Mando.

    But the Force heal - how did he learn that. It doesn't seem like it was an inactive reaction to someone he had never met before. However he is 50 years old. He may not talk but maybe he has been able to play with some powers - just like how a child may learn how to correctly move their hands, feet, grip, roll, walk etc. but being a baby for like 50 years allows him an advantage over other species to explore his powers a little...

    Not really sure. Does anyone have any thoughts on this issue?

    Added it so people wouldnt question it in Episode 9. Havent you noticed all the issuse people having with Rey and her powers they gave to Boda and everyone buys it for some reason?

    Like I say, although he is a "baby" or "child" he is 50 years old!, so perhaps he has had some time to experiment with his abilities and can push himself into doing some cool things - yet he always acts out of desperation or some emotional circumstance - unlike Rey.

    For me this whole heal/stop death ability is a big plot issue.

    The fact that the force itself personified, Anakin, couldn't do it and actually was the cause in faling to the darkside in order to discover this power and save the ones he loves - why can Baby Yoda, Rey, Kylo and Palpatine all do it without any real explanation?

    Its pretty breaking in terms of lore and story - it certainly needs an explanation, which I am sure we are not going to get from Disney.

    The ST is one huge mess, but I hope that the Mandalorian touches on this issue and provides some explaining.

    If Star Wars doesn't work for you anymore, just stop investing so much in it. You'll be much happier. Or maybe just start writing your own fan fiction. I'm sure there are a lot of disgruntled fans out there that would eat it up.

    That is the silliest response I think I have read - I have been in love with star wars since I was 2 years old. It all made sense until Disney got their hands on the franchise.

    Why shouldn't I or any other die hard fan that grew up with this 42 year old franchise not want to advocate and demand better than what we are getting? If you are happy with illogical nonsense, that's fine, doesn't mean I have to stop calling out all the **** where I see it.

    And for me to go and write my own fan fiction is absurd, if I did, it would never be cannon - I do not own the franchise that is being so badly damaged, and why should I do Disney's job for them?

    Just look at what happened with Star Wars Theory - thousands of dollars into making a fan film, only for Disney to threaten to tear it down due to some music discrepancy, while they make all the money out of it and the little guy scrambles - no, its not worth it. I have a life, while this is the job for those at Disney and Lucasfilm to get it right, and they are not.
  • Boo
    3926 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    Baby Yoda

    He reached out with the force instinctively to save his protector from being killed.

    He also sensed tension between Mando and Cara during their arm wrestle, and mistook fun for something serious and so instinctively force choked Cara, again to protect Mando.

    But the Force heal - how did he learn that. It doesn't seem like it was an inactive reaction to someone he had never met before. However he is 50 years old. He may not talk but maybe he has been able to play with some powers - just like how a child may learn how to correctly move their hands, feet, grip, roll, walk etc. but being a baby for like 50 years allows him an advantage over other species to explore his powers a little...

    Not really sure. Does anyone have any thoughts on this issue?

    Added it so people wouldnt question it in Episode 9. Havent you noticed all the issuse people having with Rey and her powers they gave to Boda and everyone buys it for some reason?

    Like I say, although he is a "baby" or "child" he is 50 years old!, so perhaps he has had some time to experiment with his abilities and can push himself into doing some cool things - yet he always acts out of desperation or some emotional circumstance - unlike Rey.

    For me this whole heal/stop death ability is a big plot issue.

    The fact that the force itself personified, Anakin, couldn't do it and actually was the cause in faling to the darkside in order to discover this power and save the ones he loves - why can Baby Yoda, Rey, Kylo and Palpatine all do it without any real explanation?

    Its pretty breaking in terms of lore and story - it certainly needs an explanation, which I am sure we are not going to get from Disney.

    The ST is one huge mess, but I hope that the Mandalorian touches on this issue and provides some explaining.

    Maybe Yoda was right and misread the prophecy was. Perhaps it never actually applied to Anakin. But then Anakin was in a time where there were lots of Jedi and the power was diluted over the group? IDK, people are taking this franchise way tooo seriously.

    But Anakin was the chosen one, as confirmed by Lucas and Filoni. It was also confirmed in TROS, when Anakin states to Rey "bring balance to the force as I did".
  • Boo wrote: »
    Why shouldn't I or any other die hard fan that grew up with this 42 year old franchise not want to advocate and demand better than what we are getting? If you are happy with illogical nonsense, that's fine, doesn't mean I have to stop calling out all the **** where I see it.

    I mean, it's mystical space wizards with laser swords; an original ending in which the equivalent of a bunch of stone-age teddy bears with the help of a single special-ops squadron and bigfoot overthrew an elite professional military organization; a timeline that never really made complete sense and some pretty serious story inconsistencies well before the ST came out. But I guess that's all logical, sure.

    I'm just saying, you clearly invest a lot in this and it's not giving you back what you want. Spending life all upset about stuff you have no control over isn't a recipe for happiness.

    "Attachment leads to jealousy, the shadow of greed, that is."
  • There is a solution to the problem of binge watching entire seasons in one night...

    Don't do it.

    If you do it it's because you say you want to see the next one now, not because you will be lost wandering an empty void until finally time stops if you wait.
    Having grown up in the 80s, it's what we used to do, and while it annoyed you so much when it flashed "TO BE CONTINUED you were that much more excited to see what came next.
  • Boo
    3926 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »
    Why shouldn't I or any other die hard fan that grew up with this 42 year old franchise not want to advocate and demand better than what we are getting? If you are happy with illogical nonsense, that's fine, doesn't mean I have to stop calling out all the **** where I see it.

    I mean, it's mystical space wizards with laser swords; an original ending in which the equivalent of a bunch of stone-age teddy bears with the help of a single special-ops squadron and bigfoot overthrew an elite professional military organization; a timeline that never really made complete sense and some pretty serious story inconsistencies well before the ST came out. But I guess that's all logical, sure.

    I'm just saying, you clearly invest a lot in this and it's not giving you back what you want. Spending life all upset about stuff you have no control over isn't a recipe for happiness.

    "Attachment leads to jealousy, the shadow of greed, that is."

    True, but the world had its own lore to it. There was very little if any story inconsistencies that existed prior to the ST. people were attracted to the franchise because they loved the lore, they love the characters, themes and stories - now for the ST that is all it is, flashy lights, whizzy effects, lightsabers and space ships - everything that really made star wars great is gone.

    You are right, getting upset about something and being in a powerless position is frustrating and likely not very healthy, but I have grown up with this franchise since I was 2 years old and even when the PT wasn't as good as it should have been, it was still star wars, operating within the same established lore and great characters and story. The ST literally takes all of it and flushes it down the toilet and it is frustrating and hard to see.

    Its literally like going to your favorite restaurant and being served poo. People have a right to complain about this stuff, in the hopes that Disney gets it right.
Sign In or Register to comment.