Enjoy it, but I feel like it's at a stall

I've played this game since it was released. I'm 100% F2P. I'm doing well, but not anywhere near what I want to be. I still don't have thrawn 7*, Darth Reven is taking forever to come back around, I said screw Jedi Ray until I get him, 3po, Padmè, and Traya are almost impossible, and well I haven't even got to try Malak or General Anakin yet. G13+ has been impossible to even attempt. I really wish a few small changes would happen. Nothing major, or anything that would hurt CG, but like all the store have random toons to farm, because I'm sure everyone has farmed them all by now, or at least update the toons every few mths to different toons. Make high rank gear easier to farm (example, I go to a stage to farm, sim 15 rounds, I may get 1 piece of gear 🤦🏼‍♂️, same for toon shards. I mean It took me until the 3rd or 4th time of Jedi Reven to have all characters 7* and I farmed daily). Lower the sith raid heroic hardness, heck the sith raid period, my guild of 60m+GP spends almost 2 weeks to beat tier 5. Even the new events are for the whales.
I've seen some f2p players mention they are in the top 50 or so, congratulations, but I can't get passed 189-230 now due to relics. I have great mods, I have a super impressive JKR team, I'm just blown away at how difficult they have made some things now.
Sorry for the rant, and I'm sure many will say try harder, and I am, I'm just beyond stressed as I feel they could do things to improve farming without hurting profits. I mean how many free characters do they have, it wouldn't hurt nothing to have revolving stores in every store.

Replies

• FenrirsFirstborn
    268 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I'm mostly f2p too. Unless you were here from day 1 f2p will be rank nowhere (like me).
    My approach is 2 fold. Get toons that I like for no reason other than I like them (fulcrum, rogue one, visas) and have fun. Of course, losing everything isn't fun, so I chose a few legendaries to go for. CLS first, ep and Thrawn came with phoenix who I like too. Just got jkr and padme. Again because felt ok about the toons needed to get them.
    I'm skipping DR and malek. I have no real interest in carth or canderous or juhani; though will finish bsf at some point as I like her.
    Not really fussed about vets or ewoks, but want C3PO and jtr for hstr, so will endure.
    Not really fussed where I am in arena, fleet, or GA. For the moment happy to do better in tbs and raids/events.

Been playing 2 years. About 500 in arena and low 20s in fleet. In a guild of similar folks and newbies. We'll get to hstr or geo tb in due course
  • Options
    You are where I was 6 months ago. The guild I was in struggled to do HSith at level 5. They also struggled to recruit players. Guild GP about 80000. I joined a guild with GP 140+ and have never looked back. Gear rewards are better. HSith done twice a week in about 2 and a half hours. If your happy in your guild then carry on as you are if the game is still fun for you. I felt I was stagnating though and moved. Hope that helps
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    If you played since release 4 years ago but you are still missing all those characters, I assume, you're not playing daily, but only occasionally . If you farmed daily for JKR, you would have gotten him in the second go - not 3rd or 4th. Something is not right in your post.

If you want g13 and relics, you should join a guild that farms heroic STR. It has been out for over a year and a half. Imagine all those g13 characters, you could have by know, if you farmed it for a year.

3P0, Padme and Traya are easy to unlock. A super impressive JKR team, really should be able to do better.

If you want any help with your roster, please post a link to your profile on swgoh.gg.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    I'm mostly f2p too. Unless you were here from day 1 f2p will be rank nowhere (like me).

Your whole arena shard consists of players who started at about the same time as you. You don't need to have played for almost 4 years to rank 1st. You could play for a week and earn 1st place.

• Options
    Waqui wrote: »

Your whole arena shard consists of players who started at about the same time as you. You don't need to have played for almost 4 years to rank 1st. You could play for a week and earn 1st place.

True, but I was referring to general ranking in the game rather than arena specifically. I know general rank isn't measured, but you get a sense against your ability to access certain events, etc, and the sort of squads you encounter.

There are now good starter guides for newer players, but approaching from new now does give a mass of mandatory priorities. Maybe could have got jkr earlier, but still needed to get the toons to get through the nodes and gw first...and that's without considering any other legendary
  • Options
    Like OP, I think there is scope for some small changes. I'm about to run out of useful toons to get from cantina store. I can convert to shard store, but why not give some new places to send that currency?
    And maybe the toons needed for legendaries could be a bit more useful after, so not gearing up shelf fillers... vets? Fbl?
  • TVF
    36630 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    If you are a launch player there's no way you shouldn't have almost everything, f2p or not. Including Thrawn, JTR, and several G13.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    If you are a launch player there's no way you shouldn't have almost everything, f2p or not. Including Thrawn, JTR, and several G13.
    I’m not a launch player and I’m only missing 5 or 6 toons, I have relics and g12 all over the place.. I started January 2017 and am ftp so @TVF is correct as usual.. your either not a regular player or just aren’t doing things well.. sorry :/
  • Options
    Like OP, I think there is scope for some small changes. I'm about to run out of useful toons to get from cantina store. I can convert to shard store, but why not give some new places to send that currency?
    Because shard store is a great source for G12+ medpacks and scanners that are especially scarce when your GET currency is directed towards EC characters.

I see no point in filling old stores with more characters to farm that are probably never getting geared.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Are you stubbornly insisting on staying in a guild that is holding you back? Recruiting is tough right now and the sith raid is old — there’s a great chance you could get into a guild doing heroic if you wanted to. It would also probably be doing better in TB and in a higher rewards bracket for TW so there are tons of advantages here. If you won’t do it because you love your guildmates or whatever, that’s your decision, but if you also have to accept the consequences it has for your roster development.
  • Options
    Because shard store is a great source for G12+ medpacks and scanners that are especially scarce when your GET currency is directed towards EC characters.

I see no point in filling old stores with more characters to farm that are probably never getting geared.

Doesn't have to be toons. How about purple mats or the entry level relic pieces that come from cantina nodes?
  • Options
    I honestly just joined this guild roughly 7-8 mths ago. We just got to where we could start getting GK shards (he is finally almost unlocked 🤦🏼‍♂️). I unlocked Han pretty quickly once I joined this guild and was thankful. I have played every single day/ I should say night, but focused heavily on certain things at certain times. @Waqui can you explain how I go about posting a link to my toons?
    Thrawns last battle has been impossible to me, I assume it's mainly my gear is just to low.
  • Options
    78odp950fryu.jpg
  • Options
    ypt6n0kxgmx3.jpg
  • Options
    muasl97tlv2c.jpg
  • Options
    jt3d6i6lv6pk.jpg

This is my Reven, I have speed mods that put him over 200 speed, but it lowers his all around ability and health. Is this a decent mod layout?
  • Options
    if78mbrwz4og.jpg

This is the remaining I have yet to unlock.
  • TVF
    36630 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I have great mods, I have a super impressive JKR team

Disagree.

muasl97tlv2c.jpg

jt3d6i6lv6pk.jpg

• Options
    3po, Padmè, and Traya are almost impossible

You can get 3P0 with G10-G11 Ewoks. Padme is pretty easy too since the Separatists got their reworks. Heroic Sith is a joke at this point.
    I really wish a few small changes would happen. Nothing major, or anything that would hurt CG, but like all the store have random toons to farm, because I'm sure everyone has farmed them all by now, or at least update the toons every few mths to different toons.

Keep wishing. This will not happen. Ever.
    I've seen some f2p players mention they are in the top 50 or so, congratulations, but I can't get passed 189-230 now due to relics.

Those people read guides, learn mechanics, chase the arena meta, and exercise extreme self-control by only putting gear on characters when it's absolutely necessary to maintain their position. It has nothing to do with relics.
    I have great mods

You don't.
    I have a super impressive JKR team

No again. Also, Fulcrum is not a Jedi so she's basically dead weight on that team.
    I feel they could do things to improve farming without hurting profits.

They could, but they won't.

u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    You can get 3P0 with G10-G11 Ewoks. Padme is pretty easy too since the Separatists got their reworks.

Probably not with those mods.
  • Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    3po, Padmè, and Traya are almost impossible

You can get 3P0 with G10-G11 Ewoks. Padme is pretty easy too since the Separatists got their reworks. Heroic Sith is a joke at this point.
    I really wish a few small changes would happen. Nothing major, or anything that would hurt CG, but like all the store have random toons to farm, because I'm sure everyone has farmed them all by now, or at least update the toons every few mths to different toons.

Keep wishing. This will not happen. Ever.
    I've seen some f2p players mention they are in the top 50 or so, congratulations, but I can't get passed 189-230 now due to relics.

Those people read guides, learn mechanics, chase the arena meta, and exercise extreme self-control by only putting gear on characters when it's absolutely necessary to maintain their position. It has nothing to do with relics.
    I have great mods

You don't.
    I have a super impressive JKR team

No again. Also, Fulcrum is not a Jedi so she's basically dead weight on that team.
    I feel they could do things to improve farming without hurting profits.

They could, but they won't.

My Fulcrum usually will one hit a Master Yoda or padmè 🤷🏼‍♂️. She has been very useful in moving me back up to 180-190 rank. Relics have alot to do with it, as that's what I'm up against alot in my rank now.
    I have great mods compared to some of my guild members, I should have said it that way. Heroic sith isnt even possible for the guild I'm in, the last guild I was a part of spent 3-4 weeks on tier 4. I have been focusing more on gearing those for legends now, trying to unlock everyone. I've also applied to other guilds, and have been asked many times am I f2p. When I say yes I'm denied 🤷🏼‍♂️. I believe thrawn, traya, padmè and 3po will be the ones that will take me forever honestly. I'm focusing on ewoks now, but getting 1-2 shards and using all my energy and Crystals on trying to aquire them has been annoying. I'll probably work on B2 after I finish the ewoks or Vet Han and Chewie to aquire Rey.
    A few of you say my mods aren't good, what would you suggest then. Any other combo I do on JKR lowers everything but speed, as I've focused on speed mods.
  • TVF
    36630 posts Member
    Options
    Farm more mods. As many as you can.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    For reference, a good mod set for somebody you’re modding for speed adds at least +100 to the speed the character would have with no mods. A great set adds +140 or more. Arena level JKR should have around 300 speed, not 200.
  • Options
    Just wondering, what specific mods do you suggest? Health, crit, speed, etc? I've been farming 5 dots as much as possible, even in the store. I've had crap luck finding anything that gives me 140+ speed. I've focused on health mods with speed secondary.
  • Options
    Just wondering, what specific mods do you suggest? Health, crit, speed, etc? I've been farming 5 dots as much as possible, even in the store. I've had crap luck finding anything that gives me 140+ speed. I've focused on health mods with speed secondary.

In general, anything with speed secondaries. Types of mods are dependent on the character but at your point I would farm any 5 dot with speed showing.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    There is little reason to farm health mods when we get so many of them from events. Farm speed set, offense, or crit damage. Upgrade mods until all the secondaries are showing. If they show speed upgrade to 12 and see if the speed bumps. If it bumps nicely, upgrade to 15 and slice. If it keeps bumping, keep slicing until it’s gold (or 6* if it’s really good).
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    If you played since release 4 years ago but you are still missing all those characters, I assume, you're not playing daily, but only occasionally . If you farmed daily for JKR, you would have gotten him in the second go - not 3rd or 4th. Something is not right in your post.

If you want g13 and relics, you should join a guild that farms heroic STR. It has been out for over a year and a half. Imagine all those g13 characters, you could have by know, if you farmed it for a year.

3P0, Padme and Traya are easy to unlock. A super impressive JKR team, really should be able to do better.

If you want any help with your roster, please post a link to your profile on swgoh.gg.

^ this. I'm 4 years in with a 1.5 year break and based upon what you have stated my 2.6 million GP account could slaughter yours. Your issue is consistency
  • Options
    If you want to progress,you need to be realistic. You'll need a new guild that does hstr and does well in TW and TB(geo). You'll be able to gear up
    and rank up, which will get you more crystals for refreshed etc.
    I'm nearly ftp-i spent to buy a stun gun for malak first time round and to buy shaak ti shards for gas(but still failed to get him) and i manage to do better than I should really. The start of me doing better and enjoying the game more, was moving to a decent guild.