LMYYYKS
333 posts Member
My top-power arena team is:
3* Phasma
3* Dooku
4* Talia
3* FOST
4* JC
all at lv 45, gears t3-t5, with a total power of 95xx. Laugh at me.

Midway through my GW today, at node 6, NODE 6, here comes my purple opponent:
2hyhpat.jpg
Total power at around 19xxx.
The devs are still bullying the weaklings.

Replies

• Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    What's your best arena team? Is it higher power than your current GW squad? The last official word is that GW uses your highest power that you won with in arena as a baseline for your GW matches.

Though when I was using your characters level to do GW, I was also getting very similar lopsided matches.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • LMYYYKS
    333 posts Member
    Options
    Yudoka wrote: »
    What's your best arena team? Is it higher power than your current GW squad? The last official word is that GW uses your highest power that you won with in arena as a baseline for your GW matches.

Though when I was using your characters level to do GW, I was also getting very similar lopsided matches.
    I have been limiting my arena power at below 10k and have never got beyond that. My top 5 ignoring teambuilding adds up to 13.5-14k and that's still too far from being competitive to a full purple team.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    LMYYYKS wrote: »

I have been limiting my arena power at below 10k and have never got beyond that. My top 5 ignoring teambuilding adds up to 13.5-14k and that's still too far from being competitive to a full purple team.

Yeah, it just seems like level range is just bugged. At one point when I was still in my 40's, I would be paired against teams up to 7k more power than me. I couldn't get past the 6th node like you for a while. But after I got into my mid 50's, I've been able to clear GW daily. Just keep at. Those level will come quickly enough.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    GW changed for me once I farmed Barris. Can get it done almost every time with the 2 goon squads I got behind the starters. Key is to get decent fodder and Barris Imo.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    GW changed for me once I farmed Barris. Can get it done almost every time with the 2 goon squads I got behind the starters. Key is to get decent fodder and Barris Imo.

You don't really need Barris (it doesn't hurt though). I've been clearing GW pretty much daily with JC and Lumi. Suicide guys and squads are pretty key. As is retreating and trying various avenues of attack.

One of the more useful strats is just sending in a single guy to leech big attacks like Doku's lighting and Lumi's silence. If I see that they use these attacks as their openers, I just retreat and send in my IG-100 by himself (anyone with a tank-amount of health will do). He'll live long enough to get them use up these attacks and then I send in my A-squad. I'll send in a full B-squad when my goal is to actually kill one or two characters.
  • Options

You don't really need Barris (it doesn't hurt though). I've been clearing GW pretty much daily with JC and Lumi. Suicide guys and squads are pretty key. As is retreating and trying various avenues of attack.

One of the more useful strats is just sending in a single guy to leech big attacks like Doku's lighting and Lumi's silence. If I see that they use these attacks as their openers, I just retreat and send in my IG-100 by himself (anyone with a tank-amount of health will do). He'll live long enough to get them use up these attacks and then I send in my A-squad. I'll send in a full B-squad when my goal is to actually kill one or two characters.

Same here for the most part. Also depending how the previous battle ended I may send in an extra healer to offset where Lumi or Barris left off. Sometimes they are 2-4 turns away from a heal and you need to throw in the JC or Talia. Old Daka if your lucky enough to have her.
  • Options
    I felt the same pain at that level. Keep grinding, level up, build your characters. Expand your bench; get a suicide squad or two. You might have to save crystals for Chromium Cards to unlock new characters. Spend what War Tokens you get on Lumi shards, she will help you immensely and is easier to unlock than Bariss.
  • Options
    Lol it's sad but true. On a newer account with a lvl 57 arena team I just went up against a lvl 70 with some 7* and gear 7-8
    Best part is I won after throwing fodder at it and loosing two Ateam members
    But really 57 vs 70???
  • Options
    Just keep workIng on your teams. Get more healers. Don't forget to lvl up the abilities and gears as much as is possible for your lvl.
    You aren't meant to just cruise through it at such a low level.
    It will get easier as you advance.
  • Options
    I had different feelings... 40-50 lvl range was easily completed by me... but since 55lvl till 70 when i had 4 6* purple gear it was cancer, now in my main squad i have 4* gear 6 sid, 6* gear 8 lumi (L), 5* gear 6 kylo, 6* gear 8 luke and 6* gear 8 JC with B team (low jedis leeded by qgj 5* gear 6) and i finish it everyday
  • Options
    ChefHaze wrote: »
    Just keep workIng on your teams. Get more healers. Don't forget to lvl up the abilities and gears as much as is possible for your lvl.
    You aren't meant to just cruise through it at such a low level.
    It will get easier as you advance.

No one is asking to cruise through it but tiers may be what they need. Their is no reason anyone under 70 should go against a 70.
    I would say make it so u only play other players in your lvl group (maybe 5 lvl difference) with around your arena team power ranking. There should be a big enough pool of players now to make it so.

• Options
    No I agree the matchmaking is awful, I only have 3 7 star characters and yet I am facing all 7 star gear level 8 teams from node 6 onwards, I now have a pretty deep roster and a lot of level 70s but since I got IG-86 to 7 star on Saturday the difficulty of GW seems to have ramped up tenfold. I have been playing daily since December and have only managed to complete this 6 times, I've tried retreating, tried mixing up the squads, it doesn't matter a team of 7 star gear level 8 Jedi with Qui Gon as lead can obliterate 2 or more of my decent squads and will usually take at least one or two of my A team with them, then the next node 7 star gear level 8 Poe, Sidious, Dooku, Luminara and Geonoshian #impossible. The only nodes you should be facing max squads on are the last two or three the rest should be a gradual increase in difficulty to at least give us half a chance
  • Options
    Most of the previous post I can completely agree with.

My Arena teams consists of all 4 normal attainable droids at 7 star. This works fine in Arena (IG100 is still crap but it’s a droid!). In Galactic War I’m completely screwed because of their slow speed, doesn’t matter if I bring Lumi or Daka with me. I mainly focused on my droid teams because I liked it, unfortunately you get screwed over in the progress by the current system .

For the players still leveling invest your energy in characters with high speed. That’s the way I would I go if I started over.

With all the flaws Galactic War has the moment the biggest is you have the fight the same team over and over again. It’s boring and no fun at all. That’s my opinion at least.
  • Options
    GW is odd, i clear it most days, some days with no losses, others down to my a squad or less left. Ive only run into these mythic gear 8, level 70, 7* like once so i do not have a ton of complaints. Ive noticed matchmaking is bad when your in that 45-50 range then it seems to ease up quite a bit.
  • Options
    Sonofnoob wrote: »
    Lol it's sad but true. On a newer account with a lvl 57 arena team I just went up against a lvl 70 with some 7* and gear 7-8
    Best part is I won after throwing fodder at it and loosing two Ateam members
    But really 57 vs 70???

Yea it wasn't fixed well. Wait until it's lvl 57s vs 80 after the increase.
  • Options
    Moved to GW feedback section
  • BeWary
    367 posts Member
    Options
    I agree the matchmaking stinks. I used to be able to win GW about 50% of the time when I was lvl 40-60 maybe. Lately, though I'm 70 and have 11 epically-geared high-star toons, I can't win. 3 weeks of straight losses is frustrating...
  • Options
    I normally finish them but lose a couple or three toons i got the big 50 tonight for GW so i will see how RNG goes with that. Fingers crossed.
    Lost in the 20th century