Admiral Ackbar AI issues

thecuriousocelot
1030 posts Member
edited April 2016
I've noticed a few times now when playing against teams with Ackbar and using Ackbar on my own team on auto that he has the tendency to use both of his specials needlessly:

1) It's a trap - AA uses when neither he nor any of his allies are suffering a negative status effect; no health is gained/nothing happens.

2) Tactical Genius - AA uses when he is the remaining survivor; nothing happens (he doesn't gain 100% turn meter and go again).

3) Tactical Genius - AA uses when his only other surviving ally is stunned; it technically 'unstuns' his teammate but is still a waste of a move (I'm unsure on this one but thought I'd include it anyway).

edit: This plus the healing immunity bug render AA almost entirely ineffective on defense in Arena...

Quite sad when on paper he is a pretty unique and useful character (and fun!) :/

@EA_Jesse Would be much appreciated if you could address this in your weekly updates some time - thank you :smile:
Post edited by thecuriousocelot on

Replies

• thecuriousocelot
    1030 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Post edited by thecuriousocelot on
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I would consider no 1 and 2 a bug.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Options
    yeah 1+2 definitely annoying on AI. 3 also, but calling stunned allies to attack is supposedly being looked at. this behavior from ackbar should be added to the stunned allies issue even if it's slightly different.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Shaakti
    109 posts Member
    Options
    +1
  • Options
    WooOOoo thanks for the replies guys - I'm glad I'm not the only one who's found this

@Keaven I noticed your signature... Do you run swgoh? If so, awesome work dude!
  • BeWary
    367 posts Member
    Options
    Actually, I like it when it's used on a stunned player. If it's a healer and I need their heals, then the faster they're back in action, the better!
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    WooOOoo thanks for the replies guys - I'm glad I'm not the only one who's found this

@Keaven I noticed your signature... Do you run swgoh? If so, awesome work dude!
    I am a division leader for FTB. The site is @Kylven baby.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Options
    Hi @EA_Jesse

I posted this a couple of weeks ago and the same AI issues keep occurring. I know you're busy with the coming update, but do you know if this is being looked at?

Thanks
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    +1
    {RotE}
  • Options
    Surprised there is no mention that AA's ability to remove all debuffs doesn't always work...especially with the healing debuff. This is not a chance ability, since it says it does it, it's supposed to be 100%
  • Options
    medretired wrote: »
    Surprised there is no mention that AA's ability to remove all debuffs doesn't always work...especially with the healing debuff. This is not a chance ability, since it says it does it, it's supposed to be 100%

@medretired I use Ackbar for GW and since the bug fix 2 weeks ago I haven't had any issues with him failing to clear debuffs. Whose debuffs can't he clear?
  • Options
    Usually Darth Sidious
  • Options
    @medretired Are you sure? Try using him now - he should be able to clear Sidious' healing immunity no problem. There was an update on 24/03/2016 that fixed this. I haven't of anyone complaining since that it's not working either...