Modding GG/Nuke team

jawa7778
283 posts Member
edited November 2019
Hey everyone. I'm looking to make a GG nuke team for squad arena. Here is my list so far: https://swgoh.gg/squads/173597/
I'm looking to get all the droids to gear 7 and then put grievous at gear 9, and then keep that same ration of grievous 2 levels above everyone else so that he always remains better than the rest of the droids. How do I mod him right though. Right now I have modded like this:
https://swgoh.gg/p/725233668/characters/general-grievous
That has 2 health sets. I want to get him to 3 health sets, but I can't find any mods that give health % up for the two empty slots. I thought for sure I saw a youtube video where Ahnald had 6 health % ups on his grievous, but maybe I saw wrong. Are there no mods that go in those spots or do I just need to farm more?

Replies

• Options
    Square and diamond mods always have Offense and Defense primaries, respectively.

You have zero speed from mods on Grievous currently. He doesn't need a ton, but zero is bad.

Also, Grievous is basically worthless until G13. He gains a ton of health at that point which is what finally allows him to function. You'll want to get him there (and preferably add at least a few relic levels) as soon as possible.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    The square mod is always offense % primary and the diamond is always defense % primary. It's not possible to find those with health % primary. You can still find squares and diamond with health as secondary bonuses though, so try for those.

Remember that GG deals damage based on his max HP, but his HP pool is pretty small until he is at least Gear 12. He may not do much damage at the stage you are currently at no matter how you mod him.
  • Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Square and diamond mods always have Offense and Defense primaries, respectively.

You have zero speed from mods on Grievous currently. He doesn't need a ton, but zero is bad.

Also, Grievous is basically worthless until G13. He gains a ton of health at that point which is what finally allows him to function. You'll want to get him there (and preferably add at least a few relic levels) as soon as possible.

Well, based on the way Anhald plays him, you just wait until they kill one other turn, then he takes his bonus turn and "nukes" everyone. I know I don't have his zeta yet, I'm putting all my credits into him to get him to level 84 so I can zeta it. Hopefully, that will be my first zeta ever. Also, can't I get him to like gear 10ish with high health mods since gear 13 is a long way in the future for me :neutral: So, the square mod is worthless on him since he doesn't use offense right? I just need good secondaries since the main offense is worthless.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    jawa7778 wrote: »

Well, based on the way Anhald plays him, you just wait until they kill one other turn, then he takes his bonus turn and "nukes" everyone. I know I don't have his zeta yet, I'm putting all my credits into him to get him to level 84 so I can zeta it. Hopefully, that will be my first zeta ever. Also, can't I get him to like gear 10ish with high health mods since gear 13 is a long way in the future for me :neutral: So, the square mod is worthless on him since he doesn't use offense right? I just need good secondaries since the main offense is worthless.

Honestly if you're so early in the game that you don't even have zetas yet, a Grievous nuke squad is a really bad first "serious" team to invest in, as it's basically useless outside of arena. You don't even have T3 or IG88 yet, and both are critical elements.

You'd be far better off getting some legendary and hero characters and building teams around them. Droid nuke teams are pretty much built specifically to counter Darth Revan/Darth Malak teams, and will almost certainly not be a viable option by the time you actually get one up and running. I use one right now and I don't expect it to be remain relevant after whatever content we get for Episode 9 arrives.

And no, health mods will not make up for being G10, not even if you slice them to 6 dot - which requires at least G12 anyway. You need him at well over 100k health before he starts dishing out the kind of hurt you need.

Lastly, I'm gonna let you in on a secret: Ahnald is not that good at the game. People seem to find his "enthusiastic semi-coherent yelling" style of showmanship entertaining, but that doesn't mean he's especially great at PVP.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36605 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I get plenty of use from mine in GAC.

But otherwise I agree, way too early to worry about this team. And about Ahnald too.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

Honestly if you're so early in the game that you don't even have zetas yet, a Grievous nuke squad is a really bad first "serious" team to invest in, as it's basically useless outside of arena. You don't even have T3 or IG88 yet, and both are critical elements.

You'd be far better off getting some legendary and hero characters and building teams around them. Droid nuke teams are pretty much built specifically to counter Darth Revan/Darth Malak teams, and will almost certainly not be a viable option by the time you actually get one up and running. I use one right now and I don't expect it to be remain relevant after whatever content we get for Episode 9 arrives.

And no, health mods will not make up for being G10, not even if you slice them to 6 dot - which requires at least G12 anyway. You need him at well over 100k health before he starts dishing out the kind of hurt you need.

Lastly, I'm gonna let you in on a secret: Ahnald is not that good at the game. People seem to find his "enthusiastic semi-coherent yelling" style of showmanship entertaining, but that doesn't mean he's especially great at PVP.

It’s not that I don’t have zetas. I am at level 85, I just haven’t chosen a character to use it on yet. I could have zetaed KRU leadership, but with Episode 9 content, we may get a better leadership. Also, I’m only 10 shards away from IG88, but I chose to get HK-47 instead so I could start the darth revan farm. If you say I shouldn’t get GG, can you look at my roster and tell me what I could farm next?

• Options
    I agree with the others. At this point in the game, you should probably be more worried about rounding out your roster rather than going all in on GG nuke team. By all means, continue to farm GG, but focus your materials and mods on what you already have going for you. I just glanced at your roster and it looks like you've got a good start on Phoenix and First Order. If I were you, I'd gear First Order more so you can rank up higher in arena. Maybe consider dropping a zeta on KRU.

GG's nuke team was pretty much concocted to counter Darth Revan/Malak teams, it's not super ideal early to mid game where you won't see these teams. The main reason it's so successful is because T3M4's combat logic upgrade zeta provides 8% Crit Dmg per debuff on the enemy. Darth Revan led teams debuff themselves with Ferocity, so the nuke team turns that against them in a huge way.

By all means, play how you want to play, but my advice would be to worry about rounding out your roster more before focusing on these niche teams that were made for very specific purposes.
  • jawa7778
    283 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    willennium wrote: »
    I agree with the others. At this point in the game, you should probably be more worried about rounding out your roster rather than going all in on GG nuke team. By all means, continue to farm GG, but focus your materials and mods on what you already have going for you. I just glanced at your roster and it looks like you've got a good start on Phoenix and First Order. If I were you, I'd gear First Order more so you can rank up higher in arena. Maybe consider dropping a zeta on KRU.

GG's nuke team was pretty much concocted to counter Darth Revan/Malak teams, it's not super ideal early to mid game where you won't see these teams. The main reason it's so successful is because T3M4's combat logic upgrade zeta provides 8% Crit Dmg per debuff on the enemy. Darth Revan led teams debuff themselves with Ferocity, so the nuke team turns that against them in a huge way.

By all means, play how you want to play, but my advice would be to worry about rounding out your roster more before focusing on these niche teams that were made for very specific purposes.

I'm going to work more on FO because of the upcoming Episode 9 content, seeing as we may get a FO meta with a snoke or reborn palp leader. That's the same reason I'm not going to put a zeta on KRU leadership is because we may get a better leader. Also, maybe I'm wrong here, but won't a GG nuke team work against any other team simply because once they kill an allied droid GG goes berserk? I guess once I finish getting OG kylo to 7 stars I'll go back on my darth revan farming track.
  • Options
    willennium wrote: »

I'm going to work more on FO because of the upcoming Episode 9 content, seeing as we may get a FO meta with a snoke or reborn palp leader. That's the same reason I'm not going to put a zeta on KRU leadership is because we may get a better leader. Also, maybe I'm wrong here, but won't a GG nuke team work against any other team simply because once they kill an allied droid GG goes berserk? I guess once I finish getting OG kylo to 7 stars I'll go back on my darth revan farming track.

It can work, but certain things can shut it down (putting Wat with DR/Malak) and some teams wipe the floor with it (Padme, Jedi Revan). The reason it works so well against Sith Empire is that T3's Combat Logic zeta takes advantage of Sith Empire stacking tons of debuffs on themselves. Said debuffs also shred their defense, so you're hitting for massively inflated numbers.

You can't go wrong with getting Commander Luke. CLS/Han/Chewie remains one of the best offensive teams in the game.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options

[/quote]

It can work, but certain things can shut it down (putting Wat with DR/Malak) and some teams wipe the floor with it (Padme, Jedi Revan). The reason it works so well against Sith Empire is that T3's Combat Logic zeta takes advantage of Sith Empire stacking tons of debuffs on themselves. Said debuffs also shred their defense, so you're hitting for massively inflated numbers.

You can't go wrong with getting Commander Luke. CLS/Han/Chewie remains one of the best offensive teams in the game.[/quote]
    I was really hoping to get CLS the last time he was available a few weeks ago. Sadly, my ST han was only 5 stars and I didn't have a good enough empire team to get 7 star R2. I guess I can work on farming that again. Seeing as emperor's demise comes back at the end of the month and I have a ready 7-star phoenix team, I can get my EP to 7 star and with my new 7 star thrawn I'll have a pretty good empire team. After I'm done with ST han in the squad arena store though I'm going to get HK-47 so I am ready for Darth Revan.

• Options
    Yeah that sounds like a much better plan. I was able to hold top 50 in arena for a while with Palpatine(old shard too) until the 2nd time Malak came around. I'm pretty much forced to use GG nuke to climb nowadays though. But I would only recommend working on the nuke team if you're facing fast/strong Malak squads in arena. Palpatine isn't exactly arena meta anymore, but he's still one of the hardest teams to beat. And as for CLS, I usually can take out decent relic GG teams in Grand Arena with my CLS squad. CLS teams offense is so high, you can take out GG before you have to deal with his unique.
  • Options
    Yeah, honestly you really need to focus on finishing your teams, one at a time. CLS is my arena team and more often than not I'm able to finish top 50 or even top 20. If your mods are around the same speed as other people's, CLS can beat just about any team. But your teams aren't going to do you much good until they're geared high enough.