Do the bugs block counter attacks?

I really don't understand the Geos synergy very well, especially with the Hive Mind bonus. But I just took my Phoenix team against a low Geo team and literally never got a single Counterattack, though Kanan was standing there the entire time. Is something blocking that?

Replies

• TheJEFFtm
    917 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    That does sound a bit odd - the only things geos have going to prevent counterattacks is Sun Fac can inflict a single target daze with one of his specials, and spy being stealthed as the lead attacker of course wouldn’t trigger a counter attack.

Of course Kansan does only provide 70% counter chance, and if they knocked out Hera early that stops the unique sharing chain amongst the Phoenix team - any chance of that being the case? Hera dies in first wave of attacks, Kanaan taunts are dispelled by Sun Fac basic (and he fails 70% counter chance roll), rest of team is killed, kanaan is either dazed or gets one shot from spy?

EDIT: strike through of misinformation helpfully pointed out by another forum member.
  • Options
    TheJEFFtm wrote: »
    That does sound a bit odd - the only things geos have going to prevent counterattacks is Sun Fac can inflict a single target daze with one of his specials, and spy being stealthed as the lead attacker of course wouldn’t trigger a counter attack.

Of course Kansan does only provide 70% counter chance, and if they knocked out Hera early that stops the unique sharing chain amongst the Phoenix team - any chance of that being the case? Hera dies in first wave of attacks, Kanaan taunts are dispelled by Sun Fac basic (and he fails 70% counter chance roll), rest of team is killed, kanaan is either dazed or gets one shot from spy?

The unique sharing is her leader, so that's there whether Hera dies or not. I'm sure it was just the fact that it's only 70% chance. Also worth noting, they would only counter from the first hit, and some of those abilities aren't attacks.
  • Options
    Right you are, I always forget that Hera uses her lead to share Uniques instead of a Unique (been quite some time since I dusted off my Phoenix for offensive play, and I very seldom see them on the board anymore), thanks for the correction!
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Assists can't be countered. So even though their whole team is hitting you every round, 5/6 of those attacks are exempt from counters. The Spy is also usually stealthed, and stealthed characters can't be countered either. Sun Fac's taunt special, Alpha's heal/summon, or Poggle's cleanse/assist call also don't include an attack from that character themselves, so those would be entirely impossible to trigger a counter on, even though they trigger the full-team assist frenzy.

Beyond that, I assume you just got unlucky on the 70% chance, plus I imagine the bugs would tear apart Phoenix pretty quickly and leave minimal opportunities to counter in the first place.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    There were even a couple of times when it came up with the green "counter attack" text under my characters. Ah well, probably just unlucky with the 70% + a lot of their attacks not being instigated from an attack.