Some quick Ki Mundi math...

So this hasn't really been brought up since we have had DS TB every time instead of rotating between LS and DS, but with CG reducing shard output on special missions from 2 to 1, if you are in a guild that can average 20 shards per TB (which I would say is an above average guild); it will take you 16 months to 7 star Ki Adi Mundi.

I get this is supposed to be end game content but he will be completely out of the meta and useless by the time you 7 star him. I realize his kit isn't even out yet but go and look at the most OP toon released 16 months ago and see how relevant they are today.

And I think that is a good baseline, yes if you are in super whale guild you can get him in 6 months, but if your guild can only muster 10 shards, you are looking at 2.5 years.

Replies

• Options
    Agreed. 1 shard is literally pointless for 90% of the players. This entirely caters to whale guilds and frankly seems unfair to me. There are people already 6* and half way to 7*. We are not even half way to unlocking him and we all play as often as the paying players.
  • Ultra
    11509 posts Moderator
    Options
    It’s a 6 month farm to 7* EC toons on release with 0 GET1

Same for negotiator / malevolence

6 Month farms seem to be the norm lately, we’ll adjust to it
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

That's if you are in a guild that 50/50 the SM, that isn't realistic in the slightest for 98% of players.
  • Options
    Your timeline assumption is built on the guildies not working to get the special done. Special success is not directly connected to overall tb success.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

OP pointed out a 16 month farm schedule, I’ll add that it’s more for guilds that aren’t ready for the mission and have to farm relics/gear but I digress. If missions rewarded 2 instead of 1 it’d be 8 months, which would be on par enough with your 6 that it could be better debated.
  • Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    Your timeline assumption is built on the guildies not working to get the special done. Special success is not directly connected to overall tb success.

Again, the absolute best at 50/50 is 6 months, and that's if you 50/50 from week one, you guys may be in super high tier guilds, but even at 35/50 which would be a very high GP guild, it's 1 year to 7 star.

I have no idea why you are defending the move from 2 shard rewards to 1, unless you are just CG homers or CG employees with alt accounts, I don't post here much so I don't know who is who.
  • Options
    Gair wrote: »
    Agreed. 1 shard is literally pointless for 90% of the players. This entirely caters to whale guilds and frankly seems unfair to me. There are people already 6* and half way to 7*. We are not even half way to unlocking him and we all play as often as the paying players.

Im not sure to which toon you are refering as ki adi isnt in the game yet.

However catering somewhat towards whales is to be expected. If two people asked you to do a job and one offers to pay $/£ 200 and the other offers to pay you $/£ 5000, then with no other external factors you would pick the one with most gain for yourself.
  • Options
    Yeah, they need to boost both Wat Tambor and Ki Adi to x2 per run. It's stupid to take a year when the game will be lucky to still be running before most of us get him to 7*
  • Options
    Canadafett wrote: »

Again, the absolute best at 50/50 is 6 months, and that's if you 50/50 from week one, you guys may be in super high tier guilds, but even at 35/50 which would be a very high GP guild, it's 1 year to 7 star.

I have no idea why you are defending the move from 2 shard rewards to 1, unless you are just CG homers or CG employees with alt accounts, I don't post here much so I don't know who is who.

Yeah, everyone that doesn't agree with you is cg employee. That's established. Soon we'll get our badges too so peeps don't get confused.

I'm not in a super high tier guild, merely unlocked Wat. First batch of 7* Wats arrived in the last tb afaik. Relevance of a toon is also relevant to how widely distributed it is. Everyone is on the same boat.

If your guild values this character, you can make a guild policy (softly or hardly) to complete their sm teams gradually. We had such a soft rule where we encouraged peeps to complete their bugs, it paid off.
  • Options
    the move from 2 shard rewards to 1

Had completely forgotten about this. Because this timeline is not specific to KAM. It applies to ROLO, IPD and Wat from now on too.

Going back to two shards per mission would certainly be welcome.
  • Options
    Gair wrote: »

Im not sure to which toon you are refering as ki adi isnt in the game yet.

However catering somewhat towards whales is to be expected. If two people asked you to do a job and one offers to pay $/£ 200 and the other offers to pay you $/£ 5000, then with no other external factors you would pick the one with most gain for yourself.

This is a logically fallacious argument. The Developers are doing their job whether they get paid or not. The game attracted whales based on well balanced game play. to begin skewing the game towards the perception of what the big spenders would want undermines the original attraction of the entire player base. deciding to take a job based on the pay is an entirely different proposition and not relevant to game development.
  • Options
    I'm also for 2x shards given that we don't get to choose which tb to run in between geo's. My point wasn't against it.
  • Options
    I'm also for 2x shards given that we don't get to choose which tb to run in between geo's. My point wasn't against it.

And my post wasn't meant to attack those who are in Very solid guilds, with incredibly focused rosters, that is very hard to achieve and I apploud you.

Maybe I'm still holding out hope that is was switched to 1 because there was no rotation for DS Geo TB and they didn't want people getting Wat too quick with 2 TBs a month and it will be switched back again now that there is a rotation, but knowing CGs track record, I don't have a ton of hope.
  • Options

Yeah, everyone that doesn't agree with you is cg employee.

Not necessarily, but you contradicted him-as it seems-only for the purpose of contradicting him. So you're either suck at math, or you're a CG employee.
  • Options
    When released, LS Hoth was one shard per attempt, then they added dark side and soon after, doubled it. They may do the same for Geo.
  • Options
    Raid Han wasn‘t what he is now without Chewi as well. Chewi came out later. Oh noes!
  • TVF
    36609 posts Member
    Options
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but after they released DS Hoth, they compensated by changing ROLO and IPD to 2 per win. Hopefully they do that here too.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Spang wrote: »

Yeah, everyone that doesn't agree with you is cg employee.

Not necessarily, but you contradicted him-as it seems-only for the purpose of contradicting him. So you're either suck at math, or you're a CG employee.

Or you suck at reading not undestanding my message and assumed it was directly contradictory.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but after they released DS Hoth, they compensated by changing ROLO and IPD to 2 per win. Hopefully they do that here too.

That might line up then , maybe they’ll leave hoth rewards at 1 shard now because of the availability elsewhere. And then 2 shards for the geo battle—> but leaving wat at 1 shard until the light side comes out so you can’t get too far ahead of ki adi
  • Ultra
    11509 posts Moderator
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Yeah, I’m not against getting as many KAM shards as possible but if we get 50 a month in best case, then it shouldn’t be shocking that we are getting another slow farm