Will HT be part of Malevolence lineup?

Laz
190 posts Member
I’m not sure if it’s too early to ask, but do you think that HT will still be part of some type of meta involving the Malevolence as the new capital ship?

Replies

• Options
    If the kit is the same as the marquee kit, no. It’s ultimate prevents protection gain including bonus protection, which is the main strength of the current tanks in ship arena. As it also removes all protection even the brand new y-wing will be rendered obsolete by the malevolence addition.
  • Options
    Probably. Only 2 decent droid ships so far, and HT is probably much a separatist like Sun Fac in the 3rd slot.
  • Options
    HT is just the best plug and play ship in the game so we might see it being played in the Malo lineup. But I just hope the HMP droid gunship is gonna be good enough to make the droid trio (gunship, hyena, vulture) the best starting lineup.
    SHAD0W4576 wrote: »
    If the kit is the same as the marquee kit, no. It’s ultimate prevents protection gain including bonus protection, which is the main strength of the current tanks in ship arena. As it also removes all protection even the brand new y-wing will be rendered obsolete by the malevolence addition.

Whoever gets to the ultimate first wins anyway I guess.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Probably. It's been part of every ship meta since it's existed, and Hyena doesn't seem like it'd be able to completely replace it, at least on paper.

As for the ultimate preventing protection gain, HT could still absorb a lot of punishment while you get it charged up.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    I'm interested to see what the most optimal lineup is with the malevolence. Only two droid ships so lots of room for theory crafting
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    SHAD0W4576 wrote: »

Most fleet battles have already been decided before the ultimate goes off. The battle might still be going when the ultimate goes off, but it's not really the deciding factor of the battle anymore.

HT is still the most versatile tank in terms of how absurdly annoying it is to kill and the fact that it gains TM when you hit allies so it's able to get it's recurring taunt up rather quickly compared to most tanks. That being said I'm hoping Hyena/Sun Fac/Vulture will be the starting 3 and we can finally get rid of the HT, but I don't expect to see it leaving the fleet meta anytime soon.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    I'm interested to see what the most optimal lineup is with the malevolence. Only two droid ships so lots of room for theory crafting

I imagine that out the gate it'll be some variation of the three bugs, both droids, and HT.
  • Options
    Lio wrote: »

I imagine that out the gate it'll be some variation of the three bugs, both droids, and HT.

Technically there are 3 droid ships, Ig-2000 is just sadly a BH and his only synergy is in his unique that heals other droids so won't help the Geos a whole lot.
  • Laz
    190 posts Member
    Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

Technically there are 3 droid ships, Ig-2000 is just sadly a BH and his only synergy is in his unique that heals other droids so won't help the Geos a whole lot.

IG-2000 seems like he won’t do much, unless he helps the Hyena stay alive longer. If that’s even possible.
  • Options
    If the Malevolence dropped today, I’m running 3 Geos, IG2k, Vulture, and HT. I’m guessing the HT will still be involved for a lot of people for a while
  • Options
    Laz wrote: »

IG-2000 seems like he won’t do much, unless he helps the Hyena stay alive longer. If that’s even possible.

He does a fair amount of healing.
    From a guy in the droid discord: https://youtu.be/1-IIuI5xekw
  • Laz
    190 posts Member
    Options
    Woodroward wrote: »

That looks promising. Especially once you add Malevolence to the equation.
  • Options
    Woodroward wrote: »

Do you have this guy's gg link? Curious what his pilots' gear looks like.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    I've been theory crafting, and I believe the optimal lineup will follow along the lines of HT, IG2000, and Hyena, followed by Vulure Droid as first reinforcement. Don't know about the rest yet, but HT and Hyena have enough tankiness to survive the initial onslaught until Vulure reinforcement, which blinds and places buzz droids on everyone. Breach from HT coupled with buzz droids drops defense to nothing. IG-2000 double tap with Vulure droid assist on an enemy with those conditions can kill anything. It works under Tarkin so far. Hopefully Malevolence will make it shine...