Anakin ship Damage Immunity?

Prev1
So in multiple battles that just cost me my GA, the enemy Anakin ETA sat at 1 health and would never activate the loyalty, he just kept sitting at 1 health no matter how many times I hit him. This happened in multiple battles.
Just wanted to give EA mad props on creating such a nice bug. Well done, you got me good.

Replies

• Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    There is a bug where ETA2 will neither die nor pop undying loyalty when he is at 1%. They "fixed" this by adding a heal into UL, but if you use ETA2's special and land BI/HI on him, you are then susceptible to the bug again.

For now, just don't try to put Buff Immunity on ETA2 and you'll be fine.
    Post edited by Woodroward on
  • Options
    Sorry, but that’s not true. Whatever the bug really is, it isn’t dependent on using ETA2’s basic on the opponent’s ETA2. Nor is it dependent on either buff immunity or healing immunity.

Here’s a video I took from one of my arena battles a few days ago. None of those criteria are present.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF_itI72JTs&feature=youtu.be
  • Options
    I have the GR fleet and I fight GR fleets every day in arena. I've never had UL not proc, neither mine nor the opponent's, under any circumstances.
  • Options
    I have also had this happen to me, cost me a ga win. Happened with several toons attacking
  • Options
    I have also had this happen to me, cost me a ga win. Happened with several toons attacking

It's not supposed to proc until after assists are finished. Just making sure you're talking about multiple turns being taken instead of multiple attacks during the same turn via assists.
  • Options

It's not supposed to proc until after assists are finished. Just making sure you're talking about multiple turns being taken instead of multiple attacks during the same turn via assists.

Yeah was multiple turns. The first turn i csnt remember if there was an assist or not but the next couple there definitely wasnt.
  • Options
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    Sorry, but that’s not true. Whatever the bug really is, it isn’t dependent on using ETA2’s basic on the opponent’s ETA2. Nor is it dependent on either buff immunity or healing immunity.

Here’s a video I took from one of my arena battles a few days ago. None of those criteria are present.

Excuse me, I meant to say special, but using it DOES keep UL from healing him when it pops.
  • Options
    I'm shocked! There's another bug with negotiator fleets??? It can't be true, CG doesn't release buggy features...
  • Options
    Woodroward wrote: »

Excuse me, I meant to say special, but using it DOES keep UL from healing him when it pops.

Did you happen to watch my video? ETA2 isn’t even on the board. And Ahsoka doesn’t have either healing immunity or buff immunity, just TL and offense down. Still, even after several attacks, she doesn’t lose UL until Plo shows up as a reinforcement and gives her some health and protection. So, ummm... yeah. Their “fix” doesn’t work.
  • Options
    It’s just another bug that’s doesnt help the player in any meaningful way so will never be fixed.
  • Options
    It’s just another bug that’s doesnt help the player in any meaningful way so will never be fixed.

Agreed. It’s just another glaring example of CG’s unending incompetence.

Make your own conclusion.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options

Did you happen to watch my video? ETA2 isn’t even on the board. And Ahsoka doesn’t have either healing immunity or buff immunity, just TL and offense down. Still, even after several attacks, she doesn’t lose UL until Plo shows up as a reinforcement and gives her some health and protection. So, ummm... yeah. Their “fix” doesn’t work.

.... ok you don't get what I'm saying. I clarified my mistake and you persevere on something that has nothing to do with what I was saying.

Did I say it applied to you specifically? No.
    Did I say this is the only cause of this situation? No.
    I explained something related to what you were talking about.

I don't need to watch your video, that's not what I'm talking about. Can you please stop ignoring my related on topic conversation to override technical talk with your personal situation?

EDIT:

Do you know what the chances are of hitting someone down to exactly 1% health? Because that's what the bug is: being at exactly 1% health. I watched your video and it was absolutely no help at all whatsoever. You want to know why? because it didn't show how Ahsoka got to 1% health to begin with. That's the part that matters.

I'd be willing to bet that you have Wedge in your fleet and him landing Healing immunity on Ahsoka before UL popped caused her to end up at exactly 1% health so the next time she got Undying Loyalty she was invincible. Why because undying loyalty reduces all damage that would kill a ship to enough to take it to 1% instead and then expires, but if you are already at 1% stopping at 1% means you didn't take ANY damage, and UL won't expire if you don't take damage.

It's possible to end up at exactly 1% without healing immunity on someone who had UL pop, but it's super super unlikely. It's practically impossible without healing immunity. So maybe you'll take a deep breath and rethink what happened. Or maybe you'll go off on me because you don't understand what I'm saying again.
  • Options
    Nope, I don't run Wedge. And like I said before, there was no healing immunity applied.

I don't need to "take a deep breath and rethink what happened". I know what happened. And I'm telling you that whatever you think the bug is, it isn't fixed.

Further, I really wish I had captured the entire battle, but I'm not in the habit of recording every battle.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Nope, I don't run Wedge. And like I said before, there was no healing immunity applied.

I don't need to "take a deep breath and rethink what happened". I know what happened. And I'm telling you that whatever you think the bug is, it isn't fixed.

Further, I really wish I had captured the entire battle, but I'm not in the habit of recording every battle.

And I'm telling you being standoffish with me proves you don't understand what I'm saying.

Reread my last post. There was nothing in there could possibly have justified you saying anything that included (whatever you think the bug is).

I came in here relaying known information and you keep acting like it's only about what happened in your battle.
  • Options
    You have no legitimate reply about the fact that the bug isn't as you describe, or the fact that it still isn't fixed, so you resort to commenting about me personally. Ummmm.... ok, I guess?
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    You have no legitimate reply about the fact that the bug isn't as you describe, or the fact that it still isn't fixed, so you resort to commenting about me personally. Ummmm.... ok, I guess?

What? I am telling you that the bug works exactly as I described and you obviously don't understand because you CLAIM you happened to reach it in a less than common way.

No, the way you reached the bug doesn't in any fashion change what the bug is. Go to answers HQ and look it up. Don't argue with me like this is up for debate. I am reporting known facts that specifically deal with what your thread is about and you are acting like I don't know what I'm talking about. No sir, you are the one who doesn't know what I am talking about.

Please rethink your whole conversation here because it is you who is attacking me personally when the facts aren't mine. They are just facts, like them or not.
  • Options
    @Kyno @Pyrefly @Sunnie1978 Can someone please move this thread to the bug report archive? It doesn't belong on this forum.
  • Options
    ...you obviously don't understand because you CLAIM you happened to reach it [the bug] in a less than common way.
    No, the way you reached the bug doesn't in any fashion change what the bug is.

Wait... If the way I reached the bug doesn't change what the bug is, why would it matter whether or not I reached the bug in a less than common way? That doesn't make any sense.

You don't get it. You gave a set of parameters/criteria that trigger the bug. I'm telling you that the bug isn't fixed, and that there must be other triggers, because none of those parameters/criteria were present when I triggered the bug.

Ahsoka was the last enemy on the board. She had the UL buff, with no HI or BI (none of the ships I'm running even have the capability to apply those debuffs). I knew I would have to attack her and proc UL and have her go into stealth to finally kill her. No biggie, everything is WAI so far. I attacked her and her health went deep into the red, but UL didn't proc. OK, maybe her health was low, but not low enough. I attack again. There's no effect. Ahhh... I see I've run into the invincible ship bug... time to start recording so I can have some proof of what happened. The rest is on the vid.

Lastly, could you kindly point out where I attacked you personally?
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    ...you obviously don't understand because you CLAIM you happened to reach it [the bug] in a less than common way.
    No, the way you reached the bug doesn't in any fashion change what the bug is.

Wait... If the way I reached the bug doesn't change what the bug is, why would it matter whether or not I reached the bug in a less than common way? That doesn't make any sense.

You don't get it. You gave a set of parameters/criteria that trigger the bug. I'm telling you that the bug isn't fixed, and that there must be other triggers, because none of those parameters/criteria were present when I triggered the bug.

Ahsoka was the last enemy on the board. She had the UL buff, with no HI or BI (none of the ships I'm running even have the capability to apply those debuffs). I knew I would have to attack her and proc UL and have her go into stealth to finally kill her. No biggie, everything is WAI so far. I attacked her and her health went deep into the red, but UL didn't proc. OK, maybe her health was low, but not low enough. I attack again. There's no effect. Ahhh... I see I've run into the invincible ship bug... time to start recording so I can have some proof of what happened. The rest is on the vid.

Lastly, could you kindly point out where I attacked you personally?

No, I described the bug and how it was USUALLY reached. They were BOTH in the same thing. The fact you can not recognize the difference is why I say you don't get what I'm saying.

After all the crap you've given me I could care less about your specific situation. I have already explained enough. I will respond no further. If you ever want to have another conversation with me do not be so haughty with me the next time I respond to one of your problems or I won't even bother helping ever again.

Either way this thread isn't supposed to be on this forum. Go to Answers HQ and look it up.
  • Options
    Do we need a measuring tape so sort this out?
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    kello_511 wrote: »
    Do we need a measuring tape so sort this out?

What we need is for the mods to come and close this thread since it doesn't belong here anyway. The fact that this other guy (not me, him) just wants to argue is irrelevant and should be ignored.

EDIT: not the thread creator.
  • Options

Listen, that is what you said. But there must be other triggers that have nothing to do with Buff Immunity because I ran into the bug without even the possibility of inflicting BI. So, even if you “don’t try to put Buff Immunity on ETA2”, you may not be fine. How is that even remotely arguable?
  • Options
    Why is everyone arguing about something that doesn't matter?
  • Options

Listen, that is what you said. But there must be other triggers that have nothing to do with Buff Immunity because I ran into the bug without even the possibility of inflicting BI. So, even if you “don’t try to put Buff Immunity on ETA2”, you may not be fine. How is that even remotely arguable?

That's not the trigger. Even in that post I said the trigger was reaching 1%health. Using Healing immunity on someone who has Undying loyalty is the easiest and most probable way to reach 1% health. I NEVER said buff immunity was the bug.

The quotation marks around the word "fixed" clearly state they didn't actually fix anything. What I did was give advice that will cover how 99.999% of people will reach this bug after the "fix".

The fact that you happened to reach this bug in another way doesn't take one iota of truth out of the facts I produced especially since I wasn't talking to you when I said not to use the BI move on ETA2. That really means you were responding to personal advice that wasn't addressed to you personally.

This is why I say you don't understand. You're arguing against your weird interpretation of my words, not what I said. I'm still waiting for the apology for pulling attitude on me due to your own failings in comprehension.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    11/10 thread. Would read again.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    @Woodroward You clearly said “don’t try to put Buff Immunity on ETA2 and you’ll be fine”. I provided evidence to the contrary. You are wrong. That is false. And there hasn’t been any “interpretation” of what you said. It’s plain and clear.

I never attacked you. I never pulled attitude. I pointed out that you are wrong. And for that, I will not apologize.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    @Woodroward You clearly said “don’t try to put Buff Immunity on ETA2 and you’ll be fine”. I provided evidence to the contrary. You are wrong. That is false. And there hasn’t been any “interpretation” of what you said. It’s plain and clear.

I never attacked you. I never pulled attitude. I pointed out that you are wrong. And for that, I will not apologize.

Yes I clearly told that to someone other than you to avoid getting stuck in the bug because he almost certainly reached it by dropping buff immunity and healing immunity with his ETA2 on their ETA2 before UL popped to keep stealth and protection up from appearing on him when it did. This made it so UL did not heal ETA2 past 1% which would have let him be killable (or at least let the NEXT UL be poppable) and he wasted several grand arena attempts trying to make up for the mistake.

The reason he almost certainly reached it this way is that loads and loads of people give the bad advice to try and drop BI on ETA2 before popping UL. It's bad advice because of this bug and HI going along with the BI. Because of this advice over 90% of the time someone is complaining about this bug now it is because of them trying to land buff immunity on ETA2 with their own ETA2.

This wasn't directed at you. It was great advice. I clearly said the bug was because of being at 1% health. The fact that you happened to trigger the bug by rarer means not only doesn't make what I said wrong (since I wasn't talking to you), it actually confirms it because I never said the bug was caused by that. IF they do try to land buff immunity with ETA2, then it isn't rare at all. It will happen practically EVERY battle.

Something happening once in a blue moon is fine. It happening every battle isn't. As long as you don't pop UL on someone with Healing immunity (that's the easy route to the glitch. ETA2 drops both at the same time. People do it trying to land buff immunity but it is the healing immunity that triggers the bug) then this will be a super rare bug because it's super hard to end up at exactly 1% health any other way. As a matter of fact, you are the first person I've encountered who has reached the bug by any other way since they put in the fix (something other than HI when UL popped and to be honest, you never even actually proved that wasn't the case in your case either). That's rare enough that it's fine in my book.

You don't understand what I am talking about. I am clearly stating things. You not having the regular situation may be preventing your understanding, but doubling down on your foolhardy insistence that I am not stating facts and instead am stating mistaken opinions based on your own ignorance is only making your posts all the more full of undeserved attitude.

Now since you are obstinate beyond belief even when you are clearly in the wrong this last response from you has earned you getting blocked by me. Good job alienating one of the people that actually has answers on this forum.
    Post edited by Woodroward on
  • Options
    Doesn’t matter if you have answers if they are incorrect. Meh.
This discussion has been closed.