GAC Matchmaking - Top X in the new setups

No_Try
4051 posts Member
With the introduction of ships into the fray and reduction of defense slots, CG announced no changes in their matcmaking algo. And it doesn't look like there's any change.

Shouldn't we now get a different calculation where top X is top 70 for div 1-2 and also top Y is calculated for ships?

I understand that ships are not that straightforward to involve in such a calculation, but it doesn't make sense their non inclusion while players treatment of ships is vastly different across the board.

Replies

• Options
    Not everyone is placing less squads. In Division 4 we are still placing 6 squads, with a 2-squad rear zone in place of the normal 2x 1-squad rear zones.

Would be nice to get a clear statement from CG explaining how they are handling matchmaking for the mixed GAC.
  • Options
    While they are at it, applying to a similar algorithm to TW would be nice.
  • Options
    iizmq2is6ceh.png

Doesn’t this mean that it is doing what you’re asking ? Or am I misunderstanding what you’re asking. I assumed this meant that your top 2 full fleet teams are used to help calculate the gp as well as your top 12 teams in div 4 for example.
    The wording to me seems like the calculation will change depending on deployment allowed. Again I may be confused.
  • Options
    Stick wrote: »
    iizmq2is6ceh.png

Doesn’t this mean that it is doing what you’re asking ? Or am I misunderstanding what you’re asking. I assumed this meant that your top 2 full fleet teams are used to help calculate the gp as well as your top 12 teams in div 4 for example.
    The wording to me seems like the calculation will change depending on deployment allowed. Again I may be confused.

It does say squads not fleets though. They may be interpreting fleets as "squads" for the matchmaking, but we also have squad arena and fleet arena pretty well defining them as different things.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Stick wrote: »
    iizmq2is6ceh.png

It's the old text from previous GACs. Since the discord bots calculation by old no of slots are working also for our current pools, there seems no adjustment has been made and nothing to include fleets.
  • Options
    I haven’t seen matchups stats posted like before. Are you saying the current GAC is based on top 80 toons (for div 1 and 2) and no ships?
  • Options
    I haven’t seen matchups stats posted like before. Are you saying the current GAC is based on top 80 toons (for div 1 and 2) and no ships?

Top 80/no ships still align in the 3 weeks of my pools I have checked right after matchmaking via discord bots (which are also still running with the old calculation).

I'm a bit surprised noone wondered if it even changed and how it's working now.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    No_Try wrote: »

Top 80/no ships still align in the 3 weeks of my pools I have checked right after matchmaking via discord bots (which are also still running with the old calculation).

I'm a bit surprised noone wondered if it even changed and how it's working now.

i have
    From what i can see without deepdiving into the numbers i've been getting less close matches with the inclusion of fleet. However, this may very well have been caused by relics instead of by fleet.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    We can try to see more accurately at the beginning of last gac week.
    https://swgohevents.com/gp-compare

• Options
    Something wrong with that tool, it shows my GMY (R7) as well under the actual GP. I didn't review any others after seeing the major disparity. GMY has been R7 for about two weeks now, so it shouldn't be a recent update issue.

GRANDMASTERYODA - 21952 in the tool =/= My actual GMY - 29922
  • Options
    Something wrong with that tool, it shows my GMY (R7) as well under the actual GP. I didn't review any others after seeing the major disparity. GMY has been R7 for about two weeks now, so it shouldn't be a recent update issue.

GRANDMASTERYODA - 21952 in the tool =/= My actual GMY - 29922

You're right, the tool completely disregards relics hmm.