Arc Trooper vs Cody

I know this looks like a no-brainer, since Cody doesn't have the 501st Tag for one.

For people that already have Cody though, are you planning to shelf him for Arc?

He is a great boon to the team IMO, I love the call all assist, where if enough crits happen, he can almost use it again next turn. He also has the AOE that stuns. With Arc, you take away the mass assist, and then have the turret make a bunch of assists instead, which gets to be more and more as more have command. What I could not determine from swgoh.gg website, was how much damage is this turret going to do?

I know there were some rumours about more clones coming, now that there are potentially 2 - 3 extra, but I think those are squashed now as CG said Clone Wars content is done correct?

Replies

• Options
    Cody was my first zeta, and I loved the clone squad even early on. But yeah, I will be replacing him with Arc asap.
  • Options
    Same as above. With Shaking-Tea as my squad lead, somebody hast to eat bench time and sadly, that is Cody. His mass asssist wi be missed
  • Options
    I am currently building clones and shaak. I don't have Cody, but do have clone Sgt already. He's currently sitting in padme team (quick fifth whilst getting zarris / other; as no need to omega basic not level up unique).
    When shaak is ready, Sgt probs will be benched for arc (until I get GS and there are other clones to join Cody, Sgt and shaak). Arc gets 5s sacrifice boost, plus the turret; it's just the better squad
  • Options
    In most situations Cody is the odd-man out. If you're going with a full Shaak-Ti squad you could make the argument for Cody, but even then it appears Arc Trooper's damage is going to outpace anything Cody could do with all things equal. The only real argument for Cody is that his assist allows for you to build up more turns for Rex's annihilate, but even with that in a standard match once you get to an annihilate no matter what it can usually finish a toon off.
  • Options
    Going to need Cody for lstb either way.
  • Options
    Can anyone report what kind of damage this turret is putting out? I know if scales based on Arc, so if people could reference what gear Arc is that would help.

Still trying to figure out if Arc is worth it (even though already farming him, farming him is one thing, spending a wad of gear on him is another)
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Benefit of Cody: mass assists
    Benefit of ARC: another 501st for fives to sacrifice himself for.

Either way, you'll need both for geo tb. 21k for Cody. 22k for ARC.
  • Baby_Yoda
    1435 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Benefit of Cody: mass assists
    Benefit of ARC: another 501st for fives to sacrifice himself for.

Either way, you'll need both for geo tb. 21k for Cody. 22k for ARC.

You forgot the turret + high damage output.
  • Options
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    + high damage output.

You obviously haven't seen a R7 ARC, I would not use "high" to describe his sub-par damage.
  • Options
    + high damage output.

You obviously haven't seen a R7 ARC, I would not use "high" to describe his sub-par damage.

So his damage AND the turret are crap? Better off sticking with Cody?
  • Options
    + high damage output.

He hits pretty hard for a support
  • Options
    + high damage output.

So his damage AND the turret are crap? Better off sticking with Cody?

Nah ARC is overall much much better.

The turret assists are apparently incredibly helpful in TB / Arena
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    People keep forgetting that the turret dispels all buffs on its target every time it shoots. That's huge, especially in TB where there are lots of super tanky taunting enemies.

Its damage is also irrelevant against stacks of B1s and B2s where any amount of damage will remove stacks.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    1qg3ap02i9k0.png
    His damage can be really random. He can hit for 15k and the same from his turret and there are times he nukes someone for 125k. The special ability seems to be the better damage and if you’re not swapping command then just reapply to the same hero. It’s nice if you can make him the fastest on the team so he can dispel first turn. Because he’s 501th he adds to a bunch of other synergies and bonuses. Under GAS there is no choice, it’s ARC 100%. I have been a fan of zCody since before princesses Zody back in the day but I think he’s on the bench for the time being.
  • Options
    SinisterOi wrote: »
    1qg3ap02i9k0.png
    His damage can be really random. He can hit for 15k and the same from his turret and there are times he nukes someone for 125k. The special ability seems to be the better damage and if you’re not swapping command then just reapply to the same hero. It’s nice if you can make him the fastest on the team so he can dispel first turn. Because he’s 501th he adds to a bunch of other synergies and bonuses. Under GAS there is no choice, it’s ARC 100%. I have been a fan of zCody since before princesses Zody back in the day but I think he’s on the bench for the time being.

I prefer using his basic so echo will assist. That ends up being more damage than his special.