So the Geo LSTB requires a Minimum 790million GP to get max stars?!

Prev13
The new Geo LSTB requires 453,670,000 for 3-Stars in Phase-4 Fleet Sector.
65qoobop3try.png
There is 1 Fleet Battle worth 2,750,000 meaning a max score of 137,500,000 if all 50 win
fxqpvrll347c.png
That leaves 316,170,000 of "Fleet" Guild GP needed to get 3-Stars
We'll generously assume that 40% of Total Guild GP is 'fleet gp'
That means a guild must have Total Guild GP of just over 790,000,000 to get 3-Stars!
Seriously?
I get 'end game player' content and 'challenging' content, but there are currently 47 ships in the game, and the maximum gp/power value that the highest one currently can reach is 91,355
So even if every member of a guild had all 47 ships and they were all totally maxed to that 91,355 power (which isn't possible with many of them anyway) that would still only amount, with 50 members, to a Total Guild Ship GP of 214,684,250 meaning you'd be over 100,000,000 short of being able to get 3-Stars in that Phase-4 Fleet Sector.
So you've basically set the requirements of the new Geo LSTB to be not just challenging, or for end-game players etc, you've made it 100% Impossible!

Surely game events aren't supposed to be literally impossible to complete?! Did someone get their maths really really wrong?

Replies

• Options
    Dont expect any new TB's for a while then :P
  • Options
    Basically people will just be able to 1* phase 1 and that’s it
  • Options
    It sound like someone got their maths wrong. You would need to introduce a LOT of new ships to make up 100 mil (assuming everything you say is true)
  • Treeburner
    773 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Wave 1 Is 2,750,000 gonna be a uphil struggle for the last 100 mil
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Are those numbers the check points for stars or are each in addition to the previous star?
  • Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    Are those numbers the check points for stars or are each in addition to the previous star?

They are the split points for stars, so 453m is the full total needed for three stars, not just the extra needed to get from two to three
  • Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    I thought there were two ship battles on each stage....

There is a second Fleet Battle in P4, but it awards GET Mk.2 tokens instead of points
  • Options

I thought this too.
    1 node = you vs. tarkin or thrawn
    2nd node = you vs mal.
  • Options

I thought this too.
    2nd node = you vs mal.

jwwxwq88ycmu.png
  • Options
    Why should they release new content, if it is beaten right at the beginning (max stars)? The new content takes a lot of time to create and shouldn't be "done" by players on day one.

It worries me much more that the gap between new players and vets get even bigger and bigger ... and so new players avoid SWGOH because they think (or know) that they are just little fishes in a sea of sharks
  • Xhedao
    209 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Where are the numbers coming from? Searched in the announcements for that, but did not find the post

Edit: Found it:
    https://wiki.swgoh.help/wiki/Geonosis_Republic_Offensive
  • Options
    Beeblebrox wrote: »

I thought this too.
    2nd node = you vs mal.

jwwxwq88ycmu.png

This random chart from an unknown source means nothing to me.

It’s data mined. Everything they pulled for DS Geo TB was accurate.
  • Options
    Beeblebrox wrote: »

I thought this too.
    2nd node = you vs mal.

jwwxwq88ycmu.png

This random chart from an unknown source means nothing to me.

Same source had every single detail of the DS GeoTB absolutely bang on the money prior to launch. Might mean nothing to you now, but it will in a few days.
  • Options
    If you look at the general scaling of the thresholds they absolutely must be wrong for phase 4 fleet.

@CG_SBCrumb - can you look into this? There's no way that's even remotely fair
  • Options
    If you look at the general scaling of the thresholds they absolutely must be wrong for phase 4 fleet.

@CG_SBCrumb - can you look into this? There's no way that's even remotely fair

Define fair. As long as it doesn't mean different threshold for different guilds it sounds pretty fair to me. Unless u r in TI or MAW and that means you can't 3* ships immediately? 😂
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    Atarius wrote: »
    Why should they release new content, if it is beaten right at the beginning (max stars)? The new content takes a lot of time to create and shouldn't be "done" by players on day one.

It worries me much more that the gap between new players and vets get even bigger and bigger ... and so new players avoid SWGOH because they think (or know) that they are just little fishes in a sea of sharks

I understand that not all content needs to be beaten on release, but this one doesn't seem to have any reasonable endgame in mind.

There is no way to clear out deployment GP except for brute force. If what OP says is true, then every player needs 20 million ship GP in a 50 player guild to get the third star after doing 50/50 on all combat missions

I think it was reasonable to expect top end guilds to be able to complete this terrtiory battle after a year but it seems like this TB isn't meant to be cleared at any point of time

Geo DS TB cannot be cleared day one but it is reasonable to expect it to be fully cleared after a few months if you put in enough investment in your roster as a guild
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

CG_SBCrumb - can you look into this? There's no way that's even remotely fair

Holiday week, if they have a response it wont come until next week
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Literally unbeatable!!! Lol
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    We wanted ship content !!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Difficult content according to players: interesting battles that challenge our roster as well as strategy.
    Difficult content according to CG: turn the brute force requirements up to 11. And add preloaded tm.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Difficult content according to players: interesting battles that challenge our roster as well as strategy.
    Difficult content according to CG: turn the brute force requirements up to 11. And add preloaded tm.

Dont forget 100k damage aoes by bots with bazillions of health and skyhigh tenacity!
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »

Dont forget 100k damage aoes by bots with bazillions of health and skyhigh tenacity!

That kinda falls under the brute force requirements.
  • Options
    It’s a trap.
    They want us to beg For more gear and relic tiers as that’s the only way we will be able to max it out 😜
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    kello_511 wrote: »
    It’s a trap.
    They want us to beg For more gear and relic tiers as that’s the only way we will be able to max it out 😜

More ships and characters achieve the same thing and people are begging for that constantly.
  • Options
    I only skimmed the thread, but yes, they intend for this to be impossible, at least for a while, just like no one has gotten 33* in DSTB yet. One of the mistakes they made with Hoth was making it so that guilds were getting 45* on the 2nd go round.

The biggest mistake they've made with Geo, though, is that it's still TB, and it's still a boring slog after the first 4 or 5 runs, even if you can't get max stars.