So, what happened to these so called "Relic Abilities" you said we'd get??

Anyone remember the Relic announcements and the VIDEO telling us we'd get new abilities with characters after relic 7. Well, we still haven't gotten it months on, not one character has a new one so far.

Many people spent money getting characters to relic 7 just for this, and its coming to the point where you could even class it as false advertising now.. So, whats happening with this?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Can you provide a link to the material you are referring to?

When did they say it was coming or that it was coming soon?

They did say that was the future path, but these are the relics we were promised, at no point did they "false advertise" what we have here.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno, they mentioned getting relic abilities at some point so they are coming. The timeline though was never specified and it could be months or longer until this occurs. They also never specified at what level or which toons could get relic abilities. Could be at relic 5, relic 7 or a new relic level.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • StarSon
    7467 posts Member
    Options
    They have never once said we are definitely getting relic abilities. They have said it's in their plan, but they said it might not happen, and they certainly never gave a time frame.
  • VelvetDiamond2
    10 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Dont take this the wrong way Kyno, i may of come across a bit too aggressive, but its just the fact we haven't heard a single thing about this since it launched an was shown in the video here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss2kjk0RKSo&list=PL8zPnzolxnBAKg6Nf1jsn6DnbSwKBrDQ5

I get it says "future" but still, i feel like youre just waiting for us to forget about it at this point. Tons of people waiting for this an when asked no one seems to give any answers.

Is this actually still the plan or?
  • Options
    Great link. Really clears up what video you were talking about.
  • Options
    Dont take this the wrong way Kyno, i may of come across a bit too aggressive, but its just the fact we haven't heard a single thing about this since it launched an was shown in the video here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=****2kjk0RKSo&list=PL8zPnzolxnBAKg6Nf1jsn6DnbSwKBrDQ5

I get it says "future" but still, i feel like youre just waiting for us to forget about it at this point. Tons of people waiting for this an when asked no one seems to give any answers.

We have heard a single thing. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1972927/#Comment_1972927

The answer was that they'll communicate when there's more to communicate.
  • Options
    Oh, they have several other progression pay walls first. Mods are next.
  • TVF
    36630 posts Member
    Options
    Oh, they have several other progression pay walls first. Mods are next.

Sure.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Dont take this the wrong way Kyno, i may of come across a bit too aggressive, but its just the fact we haven't heard a single thing about this since it launched an was shown in the video here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=****2kjk0RKSo&list=PL8zPnzolxnBAKg6Nf1jsn6DnbSwKBrDQ5

Honestly I think you are reading too much into what they consider "future plans" and adding an immediacy that was never stated.

Yes they are still in the plans, no they dont have any details on that currently.
  • Options
    alright smart **** well who asked you anyway. Beat it.

Sorry, couldn't help myself with the unnecessary aggression, in spite of the apology. I found the video though, and assuming it's the same one, it does say "May in the future", which really isn't as specific as you might claim.
  • Ultra
    11529 posts Moderator
    Options
    I asked them 2-3 months ago and they said they were still working on it and it was still being discussed if all toons would get it or not

So be careful which toons you relic!
  • Options
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/215023/developer-q-a-10-2/p1
    Q: Why release Relics now? Like gear, its an expansion of character progression, so why release it without a new feature? Wouldn't it have been better if Relics was introduced with LS TB's release? Why release relics without completing the relic ability feature? Are we going to see more relic levels with LS TB? Can we expect more relic levels added twice a month or more??
    A: CG_Tophat - Lot to unpack here.
    1) We are not expanding the number of relic levels with LSTB.
    2) We don't have a cadence of relic levels yet - still evaluating it as per above
    3) You're right - we typically release progression systems along side a larger content beat. We didn't this time because of the size and scope of relics we wanted to evaluate it "in a vacuum" as much as possible. As we've indicated before we think of relics as being a platform for some potentially really interesting changes and we wanted to evaluate it relatively "clean" (without something else in system potentially inflating or deflating its numbers).
    4) Regarding Relic Abilities, we knew these required a non-trivial amount of engineering time and wanted to see how Relics would be adopted before we invested that deeply. If Relics were not well adopted, then the work on Relic Abilities would have been wasted.
  • Ultra
    11529 posts Moderator
    Options
    And the question after that
    Q: 4. It was mentioned somewhere that not all toons will be getting relic abilities. It might invalidate a lot of our investment in current toons if true. Can you release a list of toons, or an ongoing updated list of toons that will get relic abilities like the dev tracker?
    A: CG_Tophat - We're still going through a lot of the work of relic abilities and things may change. There's a chance all characters get relic abilities. There's a chance we limit it. There's a chance there's multiple flavors of relic abilities. When we get closer we'll start figuring out on what we can communicate out.
  • Options
    I have a bad feeling about this...
    :/
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    "Relics came too soon after g13, this is an outrage!"
    "Dude, where's our relics abilities already, sheesh?"
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    When tophat said relics were required for lstb he must have meant the relic abilities are required... I have a lot of r7 relics and not getting past 0/4 combats... please put relic abilities in a pack for $299 per character so we can buy them asap.

People who dont wanna pay the $299 can go find a new game.
  • Slothmaster
    247 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Probably getting new level cap, 6A-E mods, and/or new relic levels in the coming months, definitely the next year. I mean, you saw Light Side Geonosis, right?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Anyone remember the Relic announcements and the VIDEO telling us we'd get new abilities with characters after relic 7. Well, we still haven't gotten it months on, not one character has a new one so far.

Many people spent money getting characters to relic 7 just for this, and its coming to the point where you could even class it as false advertising now.. So, whats happening with this?

That's simply gluttony for punishment: "why don't you sell me more things to whale at?". The game has already escalated into full speed where majority is hardly in 10 g13 range.
  • TVF
    36630 posts Member
    Options
    When tophat said relics were required for lstb he must have meant the relic abilities are required... I have a lot of r7 relics and not getting past 0/4 combats... please put relic abilities in a pack for $299 per character so we can buy them asap.

People who dont wanna pay the $299 can go find a new game.

You are doing something very wrong. I don't have a single R7, in fact my only LS relic is an R3 GK. I still managed a 2/4 and a 1/4.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    APX_919 wrote: »
    Kyno, they mentioned getting relic abilities at some point so they are coming. The timeline though was never specified and it could be months or longer until this occurs. They also never specified at what level or which toons could get relic abilities. Could be at relic 5, relic 7 or a new relic level.

I remember back in the day when we waited months after months for ships.

After that@, and after ships 2.0 they still haven't got it right.

So just because they are rolling relics out bit by bit, doesn't mean it will be good. Just another grind in what's becoming an ever increasing annoyance.
  • Options
    I'm afraid new abilities might come with future higher relic levels. Maybe relic 10.