Is this zeta still worth it?

Loyalty to the maker - HK47. It stop bonus turn meter for enemies with protection up. It is late asking this but i need to know is it worth? I only recognize GMY that usually gain bonus turn meter. Any other toon affected?

I ask this because most of the time I failed on defense against JKR or padme on arena

Replies

• Options
    Still a very good zeta against JKR teams. Slowing Yoda is a big deal in and of itself. If Hermit Yoda is also present, it pays off even more, as GMY and Jolene can both give (or spread) protection up, and it is canceling the TM gain from Hermit Yoda’s basic as well (or Plo Koon...)
    It is of course of no use against Padme teams, as her leadership already negates any TM gain for the team.

It isn’t a flashy zeta, but I am sure there are many instances in PVE, and PVP where you don’t even notice that it is kicking in and slowing the other team down.
  • Options
    It's not only anti-JKR but also anti-Bastila (her leadership gives protection up from the start).
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Waste of a zeta, imo. It's an anti-Jedi zeta that only works under Darth Revan. If you're running Darth Revan, you should already be steamrolling Jedi with minimal difficulty.

Might be handy if it worked in any squad for the oddball edge case where you run him as the lead for a droid team, but as-is it's a pure luxury zeta.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    It's an anti-Jedi zeta that only works under Darth Revan. If you're running Darth Revan, you should already be steamrolling Jedi with minimal difficulty.

... unless you are fighting superior teams (which happens often in squad arena and less often in GA if you aren't top player) or using DR for defense (where he's much more difficult to kill by JKR or Bastila with this zeta).
  • Options
    Hortus wrote: »
    It's an anti-Jedi zeta that only works under Darth Revan. If you're running Darth Revan, you should already be steamrolling Jedi with minimal difficulty.

... unless you are fighting superior teams (which happens often in squad arena and less often in GA if you aren't top player) or using DR for defense (where he's much more difficult to kill by JKR or Bastila with this zeta).

Bad and mediocre zetas are a severe penalty in GA. That’s 1 to 2 gear levels worth of GP. I’m getting penalized all the time for guys that I put zetas on years ago. My last 4 matchups have been against people that have 10 relic characters to my 4.

Don’t waste the zetas and GP on this ability.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Go to swgoh.gg and see how many of the top players have this zeta....that will be your answer which is yes, it is worth it
  • Options

Bad and mediocre zetas are a severe penalty in GA. That’s 1 to 2 gear levels worth of GP. I’m getting penalized all the time for guys that I put zetas on years ago. My last 4 matchups have been against people that have 10 relic characters to my 4.

Yes, don't waste please. And your defensive DR squads will be wet paper for me. I agree completely. :)
  • Options
    Kokie wrote: »
    Go to swgoh.gg and see how many of the top players have this zeta....that will be your answer which is yes, it is worth it

Eh, you can't always go off of this because zeta values change over time. For example, if you look at swgoh.gg you will see that the 13th most popular zeta in the game is the Vader lead. Would many people currently claim that that zeta is worth applying today?
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • GunnerFCm
    154 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options

Not for nothing, but I love my Zader lead, and use it all the time in GAC. Zader, Wampa, Thrawn, and one other (usually Tarkin for me as EP is used elsewhere) are a great short team that destroys many second-class squads: ZCarth, Phoenix, Ewoks, Wiggs, etc. Not the flashiest and wouldn't prioritize it over some newer zetas for sure, but if you had one to burn? It gets use!
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options

This isn't really the best metric since a lot of those people are probably bleeding-edge players that just take every zeta on their arena teams regardless of how infrequently they will actually matter.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options

Eh, you can't always go off of this because zeta values change over time. For example, if you look at swgoh.gg you will see that the 13th most popular zeta in the game is the Vader lead. Would many people currently claim that that zeta is worth applying today?

Loyalty to the maker is not an old zeta though. Came with his rework.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options

This isn't really the best metric since a lot of those people are probably bleeding-edge players that just take every zeta on their arena teams regardless of how infrequently they will actually matter.

I'm not creating an argument here as a case can be made both ways. However in GAC ,in my personal experience, I gain more banners against relic JKR teams with the zeta as it prevents GMY and the hermit from going nuts. Having said that however I do probably only rank it in the top 20 most useful zetas
  • Options
    Loyalty to the maker is not an old zeta though. Came with his rework.

Not being that old and not having its value changed over time are not the same thing. Since HK was reworked two new teams have entered the game that counter DR (one of which was mentioned by OP), and this zeta does little/nothing against them. When it was first available at the beginning of the year it was much better seeing as the primary team you were fighting with DR was JKR (and slowing down yoda).
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options

Yes, don't waste please. And your defensive DR squads will be wet paper for me. I agree completely. :)

I'm not sure how not having this zeta will make DR teams easier to beat. The JKR/GMY/Bastila/Jolee/Thrawn counter isn't stopped by it, so what else are you referring to? Who else can get both bonus TM and protection up and can counter DR?
  • Options
    Not really tbh