gear drop ratio too low

Why is the gear drop ratio so low? 1 or 2 drops 50+ energy doesn't really seem right. is this a problem or issue for other people? Or am I the only one?

Replies

• Options
    Same here. Harder farm it seems than hard node farming.

It's not rocket surgery.
  • Options
    Yeah man I'm to the point where the characters I want to make better are in need of purple gear, and when I need 20 of a certain item and get that item maybe 5 times after refreshing up to where I'm spending 200 crystals and still not being able to fill that gear slot it's frustrating. I'm really not trying to be a winer lol but man. It's something that would be a nice fix even if it were a small one.
  • Options
    Drop rate is about 20% if I refer on some posts here or on reddit.
    I'm currently farming "Implant BioTech Type 7". 10 energy per spots, I'll need about 250 trys, or 2500 Energy. Only for a part of the 6 items I need.
    The other part is frustration. Even if sometimes i got 4 on a row, sometimes like this morning it's 2 with two refresh. Sadly I'm humain ... frustration stays, so that I buy less refresh than before. I realy hate spending crystals and money for nothing.
    I'm OK to gamble with chromium packs. I'm not ok to gamble with grind.
  • Options
    Very well put could not have said it better myself, I haven't really did the complete math on it but I completely understand where you are coming from. And yes the packs don't frustrate me near as much. I mean the refresh could cost less at least.
  • Options
    It's a farming game so unfortunately drop rates will never realistically be any higher as it makes them money.

Read @Qeltar post for more info
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/6818/why-drop-rates-seem-so-low-and-cruel-math-and-psychology/p1
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Dev_Str
    137 posts Member
    Options
    Starjumper wrote: »
    It's a farming game so unfortunately drop rates will never realistically be any higher as it makes them money.

Then they have to be carefull. There is a very small gap betwenn : "It's low and I give money to make it higher" and "It's too low so I won't spend money for nothing".

@Qeltar post is nice. Maybe I don't understand numbers, math, and odd, maybe one can show me that my feeling is wrong. But we're on a game base on impulsive purchase so what does matter is how people feel even if they feel wrong. If I fell that drop rate are too low for my money / crystal, I will stop spending them. Simple as that.
    Some other games have algorythm where if drop rate is 30%, you get (almost) 1 shard on 3 tries. So if I spend for 9 tries, I know I'll get 2-4 shards. No gamble. I know what I buy. I'm happy :smile:
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    This is a complaint that's at least well written. Serious reaction inbound:

Yes I also experience bad droprates. Especially now I'm farming QGJ his handcuffs. 4 days of grind got me 10 cuffs, just 16 days to go at this pace :(
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    I know man the struggle is too real!
  • Options
    The struggle is to real I'm to the point after today I'm only refreshing Cantina so I can get QGJ shards and when I'm out of crystals no more money is coming out of my pocket. I get enough free crystals from the game to refresh once or twice in Light/ Dark or Cantina once.
  • Options
    Ravenclaw wrote: »
    The struggle is to real I'm to the point after today I'm only refreshing Cantina so I can get QGJ shards and when I'm out of crystals no more money is coming out of my pocket. I get enough free crystals from the game to refresh once or twice in Light/ Dark or Cantina once.

That is the point I have reached for awhile I think they should make the cost of refresh a little less. Maybe for dark and light side battles say 20 or 30 crystals twice than 50, then 75,100.
    And cantina refreshes starting out at 50. That could be a serious game changer at least I think so.
  • Options
    Drop rates are too low and cantina refreshes are too high. But it's this way for a reason... $$$

Just don't give in to the gamble and don't spend money on this game. It's not worth it.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    @TheMadTwadder
    This game would be worth it if they did what some other games do:
    1. Small monthly subscription of like $5 bucks for daily rewards (credit/crystals/etc).
    2. The ability to buy a character outright at a reasonable price (.99 to 1.99). For this I would probably say $6 max for a full 7* character.

Some others I cant think of right now. But, basically, it is a total rip off to spend $100 dollarydoo's and not get the characters you want nor the ability to trade or change the items you spent money on.

I mean, imagine walking into a grocery store and dropping $100 on food and you just get a cart with random stuff inside. Would you shop there? No.
  • Options

I mean, imagine walking into a grocery store and dropping $100 on food and you just get a cart with random stuff inside. Would you shop there? No.

I like how you put that lol. Yeah the gamble on chars kinda sucks when it comes to packs but everything could be a little lower and that would be nice.

• Options
    Especially for refreshes I mean at least make the cantina refreshes the same amount as energy refreshes shoot that would even make it better.
  • Options
    I can't believe this. After chasing gear for IG-86 to get into the Purple, I was on 15 out of 20. And it had been a dreadful grind getting it there. Anyways I ran out of credits, did some pvp, levelled, came back, and I was wiped! Back down to zero! Lost about 300+ energy on that. Is this a known issue, or can I submit to the admins? Feeling pretty low about chasing that all over again
  • Options
    Unfortunately this is what we all effing go through and im really getting sick of it really
  • Options
    Crap really? And the admins can't check it and reinstate previous gear? Very disappointed if so. Spent about 30 quid so far, and I might have to stop if it's this flawed :(
  • Meese_Rancher
    125 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    This is why I dreaded the point when gear levels required multiple 50 req purple items or even 1 for that matter. Gearing up at this point is so slow it just puts you off trying. Characters needing multiple 20 purple gear items is tedious enough as it is.
  • Options
    Yes a shame really, cos this is the best of its type with so much going on. But 50 required for later levels?! Gosh think that sounds awful. Hopefully they will learn that people get switched off by the nigh on unachievable.
    Cheers for your help guys.
  • Options
    I e stooped playing games because of nothing but grind this that rinse wash and repeat. I just spent 100 Crystals on energy and only got 4 of the her driers so after almost 2 weeks grinding I've got 37 of 50 and I've used 50 crystals ever day on energy farming those things and know I've got cuffs for QGJ and 100s more of the driers so boring doing that ever day I'm starting to wonder why I'm still playing this game.
    I have a second account that's all but dead I just log on do the dailies free cards and crystals then use those on Chrome cards for the heck of it. Don't even do the challenges or events. SO PLEASE PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE DROP RATES OR YOUR CASH COW COULD GO BYE BYE
  • Options
    Agreed guys keep this post alive!! Real talk
  • Options
    No doubt, I've played a lot of pay2win games before and they usually start off cool then once they've got you hooked they turn up the prices on everything and screw you at every turn.

Decreasing drop rates is always defended by game makers as a way to make the game more challenging and fair. When in reality it's just a ploy to try and get you to be impatient and spend more money in order to advance.

I hate to say it but until someone markets cell games like console games (High purchase price, $60 or so, no costs after that and no limitations on play) this will never get better. Honestly paying for cell games is quickly becoming one of the most damaging addictions in the world. I'm really suprised there hasn't been much grumbling about laws regulating it like gambling.
  • Options
    I think something is wrong with my account. I don't have to spend more then 5 days to farm one item who needs 50 pieces. I usually refresh 2 times and use a 120 energy. In that way a can form, easy, 10 pieces or more... I'm not count with others energy in the game. Midnight to noon (120 energy) and another 45 energy, then noon to 6 pm (60 energy) and another 45 energy. Per day I usually farm 13 to 15 pieces of purple gear a can use on my QGJ, Lumi, GS, Greedo, Sid, Phasma and others...

Sorry for my English, it's not my natural language.

P.S.: I'm not saying you are wrong gays, I'm only saying how it happens to me.