Who wants Maul available in Cantina Shipments?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Yes
    @SNAKEMAN agreed, fortitude should make a difference plus as weak as he is he hits hard 5* and above and has good moves (another turn on kill). I would prob prefer him in GW or Arena tho to get him quicker. and star up faster.
  • MLGebra
    343 posts Member
    Options
    No
    I want Maul available for F2P because that might mean an upcoming Sith event, however.... for the love of god don't put any more characters in cantina shipments. squad cantina nodes and shipments have gotten 100% of the new and newly F2P characters and that currency / energy was already spread thin. now it's just getting painful.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    MLGebra wrote: »
    I want Maul available for F2P because that might mean an upcoming Sith event, however.... for the love of god don't put any more characters in cantina shipments. squad cantina nodes and shipments have gotten 100% of the new and newly F2P characters and that currency / energy was already spread thin. now it's just getting painful.

Unfortunately, I am going to guess that the only way a previous chromium exclusive will make it to shipments is through the cantina. Now, they may take someone like Daka, Poe or Fives and move them to GW or Arena but the new ones will go to cantina shipments or nodes because Arena and GW shipments don't directly require crystals to be spent to farm quickly.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »

Unfortunately, I am going to guess that the only way a previous chromium exclusive will make it to shipments is through the cantina. Now, they may take someone like Daka, Poe or Fives and move them to GW or Arena but the new ones will go to cantina shipments or nodes because Arena and GW shipments don't directly require crystals to be spent to farm quickly.

Yeah it would be nice to move things around at this point. A lot of areas are becoming stale and a good amount of us have spent a "solid amount of money" only to find out that the exclusives would require more money than I can spend to get them viable. I probably have told myself at least 5 times "just buy a chromium and get that Aayla up a notch... it is possible!!!" only to realize ~120$ later when I finally only get 10 or 12 shards that it is just throwing money into the wind that way.
    They should really change the shard shop, I assumed when it came out it would be a way for people who spent money and have a couple (3/10/15 some small amount) of shards to upgrade a character to be able to get those - not farm them but have a chance. That is not so unfortunately.
    I can find Maul/Aayla/Fisto when you win GW (small chance but I have seen them all) but why not the shard shop?
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    No

As someone who has a 7* Maul, I think catina shards and cantina shipments are the only "fair" way to release chromium exclusives. If they put it in GW, where everyone has 10k+ shards saved already, you are basically giving away a 7* character for FREE that someone paid lots and lots of money for. For all the f2p or people who don't have a 7* Maul, that seems awesome! But to those who 'bought' him, it seems drastically unfair.
  • Options
    No
    No. But only because I have him at 7*. Great for wrecking Jedi if he lives the initial assault, can take out Lumi in one hit.
  • Options
    Yes
    Sure, others will spend resources getting him then realize he isn't any good,meanwhile I can farm someone better!

Of course the downside is if enough people get him CG will feel the need to give him a buff several months latter so they don't leave the game.
  • Options
    Yes
    This poll is like "who wants candies on the table ?" lol sensless
  • Options
    No
    Lol...he is so bad.

He is one-shot 99% of the times. And he is so slow. He will die before even taking a single shot.

Instead ask for Rey to be added to cantina shipments. Atleast she is fast and has some foresight to survive.

Maul is just bad. People think he is cool but in reality you cant use him anywhere. I have him 6* max gear and max level...and I dont use him anywhere.

One of my biggest regrets of the game is levelling up Maul.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    Lol...he is so bad.

He is one-shot 99% of the times. And he is so slow. He will die before even taking a single shot.

Instead ask for Rey to be added to cantina shipments. Atleast she is fast and has some foresight to survive.

Maul is just bad. People think he is cool but in reality you cant use him anywhere. I have him 6* max gear and max level...and I dont use him anywhere.

One of my biggest regrets of the game is levelling up Maul.

You are looking at the current state of the game. That is going to change in a few weeks and a character like Maul may become amazing in the new meta.
  • Options
    No
    You are looking at the current state of the game. That is going to change in a few weeks and a character like Maul may become amazing in the new meta.

You are wrong...Maul will still be bad in the new meta.

The new meta increases damage for slower characters. Maul already has lot of damage. It doesn't need more damage. Its like making rich even richer.

The new meta won't increase his speed.

The new meta might add "fortitude"...but again most characters will get that.

So, Maul won't be good for a long time even in new meta.

The new meta will help slow & tanky characters...like savage, initiate, bariss etc... not maul.

Again, people think Maul is cool because he is chromium. But once you get him and level him up, you will see how bad he is.

Unless Maul has a major overhaul, he will continue to be useless even in the new meta.
  • Yarzahn
    329 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Yes
    I want him eventually. But only to look pretty on my character board, because i have hoarder/ pokemon mentality.

The only chromium I really want for actual practical daily use is Aayla, but i have a feeling they aren't giving that one away anytime soon. Probably the last of the launch day premium chars to be released.
    I wouldn't say no to leia either (would like to pair her up with rey for buffing rey with crit and make her special destroy stuff in first round (leia goes before rey).
    Since ben is popular, the next release will probably be something like tarkin or cad bane. They aren't going to give the desirable ones away too fast.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Yes

You are wrong...Maul will still be bad in the new meta.

The new meta increases damage for slower characters. Maul already has lot of damage. It doesn't need more damage. Its like making rich even richer.

The new meta won't increase his speed.

The new meta might add "fortitude"...but again most characters will get that.

So, Maul won't be good for a long time even in new meta.

The new meta will help slow & tanky characters...like savage, initiate, bariss etc... not maul.

Again, people think Maul is cool because he is chromium. But once you get him and level him up, you will see how bad he is.

Unless Maul has a major overhaul, he will continue to be useless even in the new meta.

Ok, your are entitled to your opinion, as am I. If you read what I wrote again, I didn't speak in absolutes and said "a character like Maul MAY become amazing in the new meta". Yet you say I am wrong for having an opinion... Well you don't have any clue just like I don't have any clue. We are guessing based on some information that was lacking of details. That being said, Maul has low health, low speed and decent damage now (great damage against jedi).

The only reason he isn't more viable is because he can be one shot before he has a chance to move. Now envision a time where one shots cannot occur before the character has a chance to make a move (gee, I wonder if that will ever happen?). Imagine my QGJ doing an assist and getting the enemies QGJ down to 25%. Now when Maul's turn comes up, he kills QGJ, gets a full turn meter and AOE's the rest of the squad immediately for a metric crap ton of damage, especially against the remaining jedi on the enemy team. A player like Maul being able to move ONE TIME is enough to have him on your team (against jedi at least).
  • Options
    When I see Maul in a squad I usually target him first
    And every time I fight him i use GS to take him out with assist, 2 hits he's gone
    squishy
  • Options
    Yes
    I just need him to complete my all Sith death squad. I can use them in GW daily and see how far I cam make it with out heals then switch to better toons.
    [LWI] | 298-352-583
  • Options
    No
    I'm saying "No" only because there are far too many to farm in Cantina already. What is needed is to have characters added to Galactic Wars faming and Squad Arena, especially GW!!! Every character released so far has been to Cantina!!
  • Options
    Yes
    I would like him to be farmable but I think he needs a massive rework as he is one of slowest characters in the game and his health is awful. I seriously cannot fathom why Maul & Ventress 2 agile sith assassins are the slowest characters, 9 times out of 10 they are dead before they even get a turn and are basically useless now Ventress' group heal was removed