chance to defend arena rank?

It would be cool if there was a chance (at least in my opinion) to defend your rranking. Because not playing for awhile and coming back to find I dropped 300 rank is..well..poop

Replies

• Options
    Probably you were using an attack team. You can just use a defensive team in your last match of the day. Win or lose your team will be the last team you used.
  • Options
    Oooooh, I didn't even know that. So if you don't mind me asking what would be a good defense team? Mainly tanks and healers? Because it would explain why it seems like I'm fighting the same characters when ranking up.
  • Options
    Oooooh, I didn't even know that. So if you don't mind me asking what would be a good defense team? Mainly tanks and healers? Because it would explain why it seems like I'm fighting the same characters when ranking up.
    If you're not sure the AI will lead your attacking team to fend off other climbers. Tanks and healers or toons with some speed and stun debuffs is one option. Your team doesn't really need to beat the challengers. Remember that arena battle has a 5-min timer. If the timer runs out, you win. You just need to put together a team that can last long enough.
  • Options
    Duly noted thanks for the advise man I appreciate it!
  • Options
    LMYYYKS wrote: »
    If you're not sure the AI will lead your attacking team to fend off other climbers. Tanks and healers or toons with some speed and stun debuffs is one option. Your team doesn't really need to beat the challengers. Remember that arena battle has a 5-min timer. If the timer runs out, you win. You just need to put together a team that can last long enough.

Don't think I've ever had an Arena match last more than 3 minutes. What team do you think could run out the clock? Even a team of 5 healers would all blow their heals quickly, then get destroyed. If you deploy multiple taunters, the AI fires their taunts together, making them useless. One of the benefits of the RG improvement is that the taunt turns on automatically when needed, not at the (poor) discretion of the AI.

Seems like when I play my arena matches, the teams the AI controls best are the ones with high damage characters, as they don't take as much strategy to play. You're then dependent on RNG to have the AI target the same character with multiple attacks rather than spread the damage around.

Another key to holding arena rank is having a team that people don't want to fight. If you have Chewie on your team, you're going to be targeted. Likewise for any low damage character, or any character that isn't leveled and geared up to the same degree as others at that level of Arena. For example, I always target the people who put a 4 star Dooku on their teams. He may be level 70, but one shot from IG-88 or GS will kill him after his first relatively low damage attack. Then I'm fighting 5 on 4.

Good luck.