Kit Reveal: New Sith Trooper

2Next

Replies

  • It annoys me that they are using the same name. Yes, they're renaming original sith trooper, but when people read older material they will get confused
  • Perfzilla wrote: »
    It annoys me that they are using the same name. Yes, they're renaming original sith trooper, but when people read older material they will get confused

    That’s exactly what I said in one of my videos. It’s not a big deal, and people should be able to figure it out via context, but minor annoyance.
  • Perfzilla wrote: »
    It annoys me that they are using the same name. Yes, they're renaming original sith trooper, but when people read older material they will get confused

    That’s exactly what I said in one of my videos. It’s not a big deal, and people should be able to figure it out via context, but minor annoyance.

    Anything can be a minor annoyance if you get petty
  • It all depends on what his base damage is. There are a ton of characters out there that even with 300% crit damage would still hit like a wet noodle, or at least not as good as we expect. I'm holding judgement until I see. On paper it looks good, but we need to see how much damage he does in action. He's also billed as a glass cannon so it may be difficult to keep him alive.
  • Ikky2win wrote: »
    It all depends on what his base damage is. There are a ton of characters out there that even with 300% crit damage would still hit like a wet noodle, or at least not as good as we expect. I'm holding judgement until I see. On paper it looks good, but we need to see how much damage he does in action. He's also billed as a glass cannon so it may be difficult to keep him alive.

    @Ikky2win
    Who are these tons?
  • I was re-reading the Sith Trooper kit and had a Random thought:

    “FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to all enemies. This attack deals 50% more damage for each currently defeated First Order or Sith ally.”

    The part that says currently defeated.... are they possibly going to release a Sith or First Order character that revives?
  • I was re-reading the Sith Trooper kit and had a Random thought:

    “FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to all enemies. This attack deals 50% more damage for each currently defeated First Order or Sith ally.”

    The part that says currently defeated.... are they possibly going to release a Sith or First Order character that revives?

    That's a good catch. I hadn't noticed the wording til now. Maybe they add Ep 9 Palps as duel FO/Sith and he has a revive mechanic? Maybe not for everyone, but for himself. Or maybe a once per battle type of thing?
  • This will be great in team with Traya, Nihlus and Sion. I wouldn't bother with First order since it's crap, even with this new addition.
  • Btw, for those who don't know what first order or sith character that revives, ever heard of Sion ?
  • Vorelus wrote: »
    Btw, for those who don't know what first order or sith character that revives, ever heard of Sion ?

    He revives instantly, wouldn't effect Sith Trooper's ability. It would need to be a Sith who revives others, or who gets revived after something is triggered
  • Can we get clarification on special #2? Does he call a target ally to attack then he assists if he has advantage as the gif shows? The final text is not matching the gif.
  • Gijon
    2 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Can we get clarification on special #2? Does he call a target ally to attack then he assists if he has advantage as the gif shows? The final text is not matching the gif.

    it looks like ST assists the next ally who got the turn. At the gif Executioner uses his special ability and ST assist him
  • Gifafi
    2586 posts Member
    Emperor's Sith Empire Trooper of Anaheim is a terrible name imo
  • Gijon wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Can we get clarification on special #2? Does he call a target ally to attack then he assists if he has advantage as the gif shows? The final text is not matching the gif.

    it looks like ST assists the next ally who got the turn. At the gif Executioner uses his special ability and ST assist him

    Good catch. The text needs to be rewritten.
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    Emperor's Sith Empire Trooper of Anaheim is a terrible name imo

    Who’s else option would it be?
  • 0 debuffs in his kit. His kit is pretty much what you would get from Phasma lead.
  • Juzz
    355 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    0 debuffs in his kit. His kit is pretty much what you would get from Phasma lead.

    I doubt it.
    Seeing his kit it will be hitting like Anakin but every bonus turn with an AoE.

    Vengeance Blast multiplier is 2.3. At R7 with 7234 Pdamage it will do 16638 damage without mods and without the +50% offense.
    Anakin' s AoE multiplier is 2.6. At R7 with 6387 Pdamage it does 16606.

    So put it with a DR Malak team and after you kill Bastila Fallen with Han shoots first you'll get a bonus turn from him dealing a 16.6k *1.5*1.92 = 47.9k ( as he has starting advantage) AoE hit (not counting mods and leadership bonuses)
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • Having seen SiT's stats on swgoh.gg I don't really agree that Sith Trooper is a glass cannon.

    he ranks 9th on highest health pool, and ranks in the upper 50% for both tenacity and protection. His armor is his only low defensive stat. And in turn he has some laughably low armor pen for an attacker. Bottom 20% of all characters in the game.

    In my opinion (and I did share that in another post earlier today) he should lose some of that health and get some defence pen in return so he's actually a glass cannon.
  • Juzz
    355 posts Member
    MemeMaster wrote: »
    Having seen SiT's stats on swgoh.gg I don't really agree that Sith Trooper is a glass cannon.

    he ranks 9th on highest health pool, and ranks in the upper 50% for both tenacity and protection. His armor is his only low defensive stat. And in turn he has some laughably low armor pen for an attacker. Bottom 20% of all characters in the game.

    In my opinion (and I did share that in another post earlier today) he should lose some of that health and get some defence pen in return so he's actually a glass cannon.

    You're taking too much of that post, as it says "he's a bit of a glass cannon"
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • Seems he'd be particularly deadly in a squad with dooku, since dooku's basic can stun and there is no "during their turn" restriction on SiT assisting, so he could assist dooku's counter. The fact that dooku also has a chance of attacking again provides more opportunity for the assist to happen (2 chances to stun, 2 to crit). Only thing keeping this under control is one assist per turn, so at least SiT isn't assisting twice - though judging by his massive basic attack damage and lack of damage reduction on his assist, he may not need to.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Gifafi
    2586 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Emperor's Sith Empire Trooper of Anaheim is a terrible name imo

    Who’s else option would it be?

    ?
  • kalidor wrote: »
    Seems he'd be particularly deadly in a squad with dooku, since dooku's basic can stun and there is no "during their turn" restriction on SiT assisting, so he could assist dooku's counter. The fact that dooku also has a chance of attacking again provides more opportunity for the assist to happen (2 chances to stun, 2 to crit). Only thing keeping this under control is one assist per turn, so at least SiT isn't assisting twice - though judging by his massive basic attack damage and lack of damage reduction on his assist, he may not need to.

    It’s very deadly.

Sign In or Register to comment.