Please help me understand how a 4 year old game...

...doesn't actually have a mode where you can just play the game whenever you want?!

Day changes, do dailies, go to bed, wake up, spend overnight energy, browse store. Wait 8 hours before finally actually playing the game, fight same boring fights vs malak, fleet fights.

Like seriously, just let me fight amongst my own roster, i would never put my phone down. I'm sorry but i just don't understand?!

Replies

• Options
    Love this argument just like I love the argument that there is TOO much to do and it's a mobile game.
  • Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    You are in the Freemium game model. Giving too much to do reduces need to spend.

I'm not so sure, one could make the argument that it would do the opposite.

Either way, your response makes me sad.
    Sad because this is what the state of the video game culture has turned into.

Poor people like video games too, but there will always be jealousy. And of course this is all very silly when you keep in mind that people are dying and starving throughout the world, as we speak.
  • Options
    Love this argument just like I love the argument that there is TOO much to do and it's a mobile game.

But there isnt, since you dont actually have to do any of it, so in reality, there isnt too much to do because you dont actually have to do any of it, technically speaking.
  • thewhitegift
    295 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Just let me fight amongst my own roster, unlimitedly!!!

Seriously, how many man hours to implement this? Do you guys need to hire more ppl? Your q&a's are riddled with, "it's on the backlog", "we wanted to implement this, but we have to implement more things first", "we ran out of time", " we dont have enough time", "we have to do other stuff first", on and on this theme goes.

Let me fight my own roster!!! Let me play your game!!!
  • Options
    I once considered a drinking game with the Q&A events.....everytime the developers say "exploring, discussing, thinking about it, considering" etc. - but nobody wants to be that sick.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I need more men - Return of the Jedi
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    you can play the game whenever you want. what is happening itt?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    A sandbox mode would be great!
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    ...doesn't actually have a mode where you can just play the game whenever you want?!

Day changes, do dailies, go to bed, wake up, spend overnight energy, browse store. Wait 8 hours before finally actually playing the game, fight same boring fights vs malak, fleet fights.

Like seriously, just let me fight amongst my own roster, i would never put my phone down. I'm sorry but i just don't understand?!

A sandbox mode to test stuff gets requested frequently and in they have addressed this in numerous Q&As. Unfortunately, they say they never have time to develop it. They just haven't seen a way I suppose that they can directly profit off of it. This is the issue with a lot of the freemium games. Everything added to the game increases the number of ways players can spend money.
  • Options
    Watching my son play old journey and legendary events with different team comps was actually pretty fun to watch. I even tried Tier VII of Chewy for fun a few times, then put the phone down and gave thanks to the maker that I already finished it.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    sandbox mode also has it's downsides, mainly that you're able to practise battles.
    One the one hand i would love a sandbox mode for testing and what not, on the other hand i don't really want a sandbox mode because it sort of trivializes battles.
    Save water, drink champagne!