It's now time to increase the node sim amount.

Prev1
Hello

It's time now for cg to raise the 5 sim cap on light side/ dark side hard nodes. Most 3m+ gp players have overfarmed those nodes and really only use their energy for gear on normal nodes.

Thus you are only capping the newer player base and stunting how long they can farm for the 2x revans etc.

Upping the cap to 8 would help them benefit the most.

Replies

• Options
    They just lowered it down from 8 not too long ago lol. Yes 8 was much better.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Vulture Droid was recently added to a hard node (and not even a 20 energy node). I believe a lot of players are refreshing that node currently. More free attempts => less refreshes. But yes, 8 free attempts would be nice. However, I'm not holding my breath.
  • MadDad_NewWarframe
    153 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I know, as I noticed that this week. Surely they could of put it on a shared fleet hard node. As it is a fleet unlockable. Just feels the journey guide is 100% profit. Rather than genuinely helping newer players. As I can afford multiple refreshes on multiple nodes if required so it doesnt phase me at this stage.

Would just like to see more steps of genuine care from cg. They are starting to slightly inprove as of last couple weeks tbf.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Just curious:

If your intent is to help newer players farm faster, why would you only raise the cap on LS/DS hard nodes? Why not also on fleet hard nodes?
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    Your assumption is not that right, i'm at 4.6 million GP and have 4 toons and 5 ships on my current farm list. Folks with 3 million+ still have tons of characters to get to 7*.

And having Vulture on a node with normal energy with the cost of 12 per attempt is preferable over fleet nodes with 20 in my eyes.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    Just curious:

If your intent is to help newer players farm faster, why would you only raise the cap on LS/DS hard nodes? Why not also on fleet hard nodes?

I would say more newer characters on fleet nodes. And it would be rejected out of hand immediately. A shard shuffle would help if bastila, zaalbar and carth was swapped.
  • MadDad_NewWarframe
    153 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Kisakee I agree there's catalogue farming (farming everything to 7 star). But it would be much harder or expensive to gear farm if doing both. I have the odd couple of farms i could pick up but i dont need 340 old ben, farmboy Luke shards, stormtrooper han, resistance trooper, finn, scav rey to farm etc.

Maybe the alternative is to lift cap on the legendary journey chars only to help new players.
  • Options
    I never really used the 8 battles a day whenever it was around. Natural energy accruement and the bonus energies could only just cover the 5 attempts a day.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • MadDad_NewWarframe
    153 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I never really used the 8 battles a day whenever it was around. Natural energy accruement and the bonus energies could only just cover the 5 attempts a day.

Precisely why newer players would benefit. More farms to carry out. End game players either farm to complete the set or pick up newly placed shards (vulture droid etc). They want players to catch up with legendary characters. Yet only quicker way to do it is massively p2p via packs. Or like i said remove refreshes from essential chars
  • Options
    I'd rather have the guaranteed 1 shard out of 5 attempts if we are getting something,getting 0 on half of daily farms is very demoralizing,ofc both would be perfect,but we cant ask for much can we?
  • Options
    What about no? Old players had to farm some of them twice with some newest farm (Ex: 6C LS - 8D LS...) I'm ok if the journey guide wich help newer players, I'm meeeh ok with the new TB for the word best players, but leave us what we worked hard for without trying to give to the new players what took us 3 to 4 years to get... Thx
  • Options
    Kisakee I agree there's catalogue farming (farming everything to 7 star). But it would be much harder or expensive to gear farm if doing both. I have the odd couple of farms i could pick up but i dont need 340 old ben, farmboy Luke shards, stormtrooper han, resistance trooper, finn, scav rey to farm etc.

Maybe the alternative is to lift cap on the legendary journey chars only to help new players.

At some point you're simply forced to farm even bad or not very useful toons because they are needed somewhere (TB platoons, Epic Confrontations, ship pilots etc.). You can avoid that for quite some time but eventually you have no choice if you want to participate in every game mode, that's the ugly truth.
    The good point on this is that i almost never need any node refreshes because i have so many toons and ships to farm. Of course it will take longer to finally max them all but i'm saving a lot of crystals right there. A change to 8 attempts would only help me to get a part of these faster but also means i have to ignore others in that time as i just don't have energy left for them. In the end it will take me the same time to get all farming done, it just changes how fast some toons become maxed and useful.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    I'd rather have the guaranteed 1 shard out of 5 attempts if we are getting something,getting 0 on half of daily farms is very demoralizing,ofc both would be perfect,but we cant ask for much can we?

I’m not sure how that would work since you don’t have to do 5 if you don’t want to.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Options
    Kisakee wrote: »

At some point you're simply forced to farm even bad or not very useful toons because they are needed somewhere (TB platoons, Epic Confrontations, ship pilots etc.). You can avoid that for quite some time but eventually you have no choice if you want to participate in every game mode, that's the ugly truth.
    The good point on this is that i almost never need any node refreshes because i have so many toons and ships to farm. Of course it will take longer to finally max them all but i'm saving a lot of crystals right there. A change to 8 attempts would only help me to get a part of these faster but also means i have to ignore others in that time as i just don't have energy left for them. In the end it will take me the same time to get all farming done, it just changes how fast some toons become maxed and useful.

You aren’t forced to farm bad or not useful toons for example I haven’t farmed FO or resistance and don’t plan on unlocking JTR or bb8 but can still play every mode and win most times using other squads(only 1 over 100k rest are 70-90ish) but I do agree the energy refresh is better at 5 most of the time
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Just curious:

I would say more newer characters on fleet nodes. And it would be rejected out of hand immediately. A shard shuffle would help if bastila, zaalbar and carth was swapped.

How exactly would removing Bastilla Shan and Zaalbar from their fleet node help new players farming for the two Revans which according to your OP is part of your purpose with your suggestion?

Again:
    Just curious:

• Options
    I know, as I noticed that this week. Surely they could of put it on a shared fleet hard node. As it is a fleet unlockable. Just feels the journey guide is 100% profit.
    More important characters on fleet nodes is a terrible idea. That is where the major hard node farm bottleneck is. Folks are already trapped behind Carth, Ani ETA, Shaak Ti, B1. Many folks lament never being able to go back to finish Nest. And fleet has most of the important G12 salvage. The improved refresh rate and cost for fleet energy helped, but fleet hard nodes are still the worst farms.

I agree on a cap increase to 8 would be appropriate. If CG wants to milk whales, they can lower it again ahead of the next burst of marquee hitting nodes. Right now mostly long term players are done, other than Vulture, and Vulture is no rush since it's not in an event and the pressure is to farm Negotiator, not Malevolence.
  • Options
    Once another hard node influx comes it will.

So I'm guessing you want 10 more marque's great.
  • Options
    JDIII wrote: »
    Wait, are there really players saying that the 5 is better than 8 attempts, lol I want what your smoking!
    Only folks like Spharynx who want new players to suffer like we did. Although he is conveniently ignoring the fact that we got to do pretty much the entire JKR and DR farms at 8. Of course in the really old days the cap was 3 (how awful was that?), but back then there were few hard node farms for events.
  • Options
    It doesn't really matter. Higher node attempts means a new unit can be farmed faster. However, if a unit is needed for something (like a legendary or epic confrontation), the devs time the event after a measured amount of time.

If they increase it to 8 daily sims, they will release those events sooner then they would if it were 5 daily.

Unless you purchase about 100 shards from shipments/packs and refresh nodes 2-3 times per day, you'll never finish before the unit is first needed, regardless of how many free daily attempts we get.
  • Options
    jkray622 wrote: »
    If they increase it to 8 daily sims, they will release those events sooner then they would if it were 5 daily.
    This is probably true. But I disagree with the 100 shard purchase; if you start right away, 3 refreshes per day is usually sufficient.

• jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Keydash1 wrote: »
    This is probably true. But I disagree with the 100 shard purchase; if you start right away, 3 refreshes per day is usually sufficient.

Buying shards from shipments (at 80c/shard) provides a safer timeline. 3 refreshes per day (20 sims under current numbers) would let you farm 280 shards in about 45 days at the cost of 175c per day in node refresh costs. It's cheaper than buying from shipments, but I think most timelines are closer to a month post farmable, rather than 1.5 months.

Edit - that third refresh should end up costing about 67c per shard, vs the 80c in shipments. I prefer the guaranteed route that I can start 6 weeks before the unit is farmable.
  • Options
    Kisakee wrote: »
    Your assumption is not that right, i'm at 4.6 million GP and have 4 toons and 5 ships on my current farm list. Folks with 3 million+ still have tons of characters to get to 7*.

And having Vulture on a node with normal energy with the cost of 12 per attempt is preferable over fleet nodes with 20 in my eyes.

If you are farming just to collect. I am 3.4million gp and only have vulture droid, shaak ti, and anikens ship. Everything else is optional. I MIGHT go back for the FO depending on Hux and Sith trooper.
  • Options
    I still don't understand why there's a limit at all. It's your energy, if you want to blow it all farming a single node, it's still blown. Who cares? There is no limit on Cantina nodes. I never understood why there was one for Light/Dark. The energy is still gone, whether you used it on a single node or 5 runs at a time.
  • MadDad_NewWarframe
    153 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    It doesn't really matter. Higher node attempts means a new unit can be farmed faster. However, if a unit is needed for something (like a legendary or epic confrontation), the devs time the event after a measured amount of time.

Unless you purchase about 100 shards from shipments/packs and refresh nodes 2-3 times per day, you'll never finish before the unit is first needed, regardless of how many free daily attempts we get.

I thought the journey guide they would start to make certain legendary events accessible 24/7?

The point of re hashing the debate (some sarcastic comment), is with journey guide being part of road ahead and the sheer amount of farmable toons. Not scaring off new players. Briefly to get the legendaries you need

Jkr / DR - 10 old republic
    C3po - 5 ewoks
    Jtr - 3 resistance (bb8)/ 2 vets
    Palp - 5 empire
    Thrawn - 5 phoenix
    Cls - 5 specific rebels (r2d2)
    Gmy - 5 jedi
    Padme - 5 seps
    Bb8 - 5 fo
    R2 - 5 rebels (sorry forgot)

The list goes on. How the hell can they ever 20% catch up towards endgame.

Not many going to whale hard to catch up to the base platform of req roster
  • Options
    Vendraen wrote: »
    I still don't understand why there's a limit at all. It's your energy, if you want to blow it all farming a single node, it's still blown. Who cares? There is no limit on Cantina nodes. I never understood why there was one for Light/Dark. The energy is still gone, whether you used it on a single node or 5 runs at a time.

I agree with this to an extent.... it'd flat out cost CG money because whales would just do mega-refreshing rather than straight up buying shards/shard gamble packs to acquire new characters.
  • Options

I thought the journey guide they would start to make certain legendary events accessible 24/7?

The point of re hashing the debate (some sarcastic comment), is with journey guide being part of road ahead and the sheer amount of farmable toons. Not scaring off new players. Briefly to get the legendaries you need

C3po - 5 ewoks
    Palp - 5 empire
    Thrawn - 5 phoenix
    Gmy - 5 jedi
    Padme - 5 seps
    Bb8 - 5 fo

If players are starting from 0 - the total number of sims required is the same. What those players need to do is to spread those sims out on a larger number of units. It takes each individual unit longer to farm but the long term rate is the same.
  • Options

C3po - 5 ewoks
    Palp - 5 empire
    Thrawn - 5 phoenix
    Gmy - 5 jedi
    Padme - 5 seps
    Bb8 - 5 fo

If players are starting from 0 - the total number of sims required is the same. What those players need to do is to spread those sims out on a larger number of units. It takes each individual unit longer to farm but the long term rate is the same.

But if they got more characters means 3 x sims less per 25, 50, 100 refreshes x many.