Why the NEW level 85 restriction on old legendaries????

Unknownhost
131 posts Member
edited December 2019
this REALLY has upset several of our guilds below level 85members.

they were preparing for events that will now be completely locked to them for the months it takes them to finnaly hit level 85 when some of them can absolutely be done earlier.

below 85s only seem to be able to do Yoda, Emperor, and Thrawn.

we LITERALLY have a level 83player currently who almost had padme last time who is upset because they cant even enter it again to try the 5star stage now that they are alot stronger than they were a couple weeks ago and will be locked out the 1-2 months it takes them to level up the last couple.

and they arnt alone, got several others prepping for different characters that now feel cheated...

i know they,ll hit 85 in the next while then be there seemingly forever, you know that too maybe...but what about the NEW players???? why slap the people this is supposed to help in the face telling them they cant even attempt to participate?!?!

cant even do thrawns ship until 85 for petes sake...and is this hyperdrive bundle going to be permanently on my home screen? im already 85 and have all that, im good...take your "$200 lightsaber" and go'on bro!

Replies

• Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    we LITERALLY have a level 83player currently who almost had padme last time who is upset because they cant even enter it again to try the 5star stage now that they are alot stronger than they were a couple weeks ago and will be locked out the 1-2 months it takes them to level up the last couple.
    It shouldn't take him too long to reach level 85, and these events were on a 3 month rotation, at least once you reach level 85 you don't need to wait for months anymore
  • Options
    because they want you buying that hyperdrive bundle. Open your wallet and/or purse and moo for them.
  • Options
    i get that bud, i really do. its not "that" long a road and when your there "well, thats it!" but at least stuff finnaly gets to slowly catch up(characters hit 85 then whew dont gotta level anymore at least! and etc)

however, how do you tell that to someone whose been excited and waiting for this day to come...who now has to wait 1-2more months before they can do stuff they were already almost able to do and now are ready for and were waiting?

this is supposed to be an update to help new players and it ultimately has in the long run, new and old alike.

but it did it in such a way that took expense at current new players in a very negative fashion. if our guild of 47 atm has at least 3 players dramaticly affected by this so much that they were unhappy this evening and logged out so...how many other thousands of players had a similarly negative experience? THESE are the people you are fighting to retain!

this is not ok. any business should be aware of things driving wedges between them and their customers, no matter how many times they do it. =(

• Options
    Probably was an oversight
  • Options
    Slap new players in the face?

LMAO

Slap in the face for what?

Not being forced to wait 3 months for an event like we did. Smh
  • Options
    These new whipper snappers have no idea how easy they have it nowadays. "When's the new TB? When does territory wars start? When can we sim HAAT?" Man, some of us have been playing since before the were TB, TW or even raids. We had GW and arena - not ship, mind you....just squad. And we had to walk to the holotable. Uphill, both ways in the snow and scorching heat of two suns of Tatooine. Barefoot and without a tauntaun ir speeder. And we liked it.

Where was I? Oh and before hyper drive packs that let you buy your way to level 85. Do it the old fashioned way....Eeaarrrn it.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*