Hyper Drive for a new player, helpful or fun killer?

I just started playing about 3 weeks ago and I am enjoying the game, I have bought a couple minor packs like the Vadar,Sidious and a couple of the starter packs as I am having fun and well really wanted Vadar, was thinking of maybe getting other packs like those when they came along just to get a character here or there but not really into getting the random packs with shards or things like that, so not a whale but don't mind spending money on the game.

I enjoy playing games lvling my characters and learning how to use them, not the hey can you boost me, carry, give me stuff, or P2W my way to the top type as I played many mmo's and never seen the fun in that and played with those people who you could spot verse people who leveled their characters as they would not know what they were doing and end up getting your team killed because of it.

Thing I am running into though even this early is I am running out of materials just to keep my main team and teams needed to progress in skills, mods, gear, let alone get or test out teams I might want to try just for fun and enjoyment rather then just for grinding and progression. Finding a guild to do the starter raids and learn them is a nightmare as they mostly aren't there or you get the hey join us we will carry you and once you hit max lvl ( when the game really begins) you can start doing stuff with us, which is basically making content unavailable to me as theirs the content I can't do for lack of characters, characters * and gear lvl that I need to progress to do naturally as its years of content and content I could do but can't because most of the player base is far beyond this stage of the game.

Now comes the hyper drive bundle were if I buy it would seem to solve a lot as far as missing characters, being able to do content, finding a guild, and for the price seems a great deal seeing as I what I bought so far cost probably a little more then half that for a fraction of what this offers.

My hesitation on buying it is thinking it might wreck my experience as now I have so many characters all at once compared to getting one at a time adding them in testing them and seeing how they would do in teams, though on the other hand i would have the characters to make the teams I would want to try out.

The other thing is now I am handed all this higher lvl stuff probably half a year or more worth of grinding all at once and now sail through content because of the lvl handed me were no matter the team or content I am doing I win because of that not because the team is good or I am learning how to use them till I hit that wall were the lvl handed me doesn't matter and skill, knowledge of your character and team does but I now lack that because I didn't grind, earn and learn all these things and just got it handed to me.

Do you think as a new player this bundle is more helpful or harmful to learning and enjoying the game?
If you were new like me and could get this bundle starting out would you or would you pass on it? ( it's not about the money but the experience and enjoying the game)

Replies

• Options
    Helpful

The game as a new player is awfully boring and a lame grind.

However its $100 USD justn make sure you want it.

Btw watch https://youtu.be/n7hgCLw73qM

For the best analysis and team use from the pack.
  • Options
    Ifyour enjoying playing a d doing the slow farm i would say no but if u just want to get to 85 a d start doing the events ect faster then yes do it but its ultimately up to you
  • Options
    Leveling is kinda fun early on but 75-85 is the suck and takes forever. During that time you are locked out of some critical areas of the game such as arena. Also the 5 star character starter gets you fighting with decent teams but still plenty of room to enjoy the upgrade process. If you have the hundo, I would buy it.

What might not be so fun is getting catapulted into arena shards with every other player that spent the hundred. There is a "trick" to getting into a newer arena shard but I will leave that to google. I don't think it is a big deal but if you want to maximize your shards every day getting into a newer shard is important.
  • Options
    I get what you’re saying... you can grind it out and earn your way to beating all the Journey events... or you can have it basically handed to you...

I think grinding it out would make you appreciate it more... but that packs is an insanely good value to new players and you can always start the next phase of the game right now.
  • Options
    Yeah I ended up getting it, the value was really good especially for starting out. Now I just need to look up what teams and things like that to lvl up, having everything opened up at once is overwhelming to figure out what to do and not waste resources without looking things up now.