"Scheduled" Update

An update should not be considered "scheduled" when there's a panic to fix a bug. That's the opposite of something being "scheduled". If my house is on fire, I do not say that I had a scheduled appointment with the fire department.

That is all. Much as it would be nice to see the forums talking about something productive, everyone will go back to talking about all updates containing major errors/bugs, today's mysterious jumps in ship GP, cancelled TB, etc.

Replies

• Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    An update should not be considered "scheduled" when there's a panic to fix a bug. That's the opposite of something being "scheduled". If my house is on fire, I do not say that I had a scheduled appointment with the fire department.

That is all. Much as it would be nice to see the forums talking about something productive, everyone will go back to talking about all updates containing major errors/bugs, today's mysterious jumps in ship GP, cancelled TB, etc.

You say it would be nice to see the forums talking about something productive and not bugs, yet you create a post yo complain about a bug and what you deem to be a scheduled or unscheduled event. You are my hero.
  • Options

Well actually, if you want to nitpick the wording of the title of their updates it is still correct. Schedule is defined as "arrange or plan (an event) to take place at a particular time", which matches what happened here. CG made an update today, scheduled it for 11am local time, and then posted notes about it.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    to be honest, I prefer scheduled updates to unscheduled ones
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    I've got no problem with the *event* being scheduled. I have a problem with calling all of their "uh oh we need to fix something" patches scheduled. These are hotfixes pure and simple, call them what they are.
  • Options
    Monel wrote: »

You say it would be nice to see the forums talking about something productive and not bugs, yet you create a post yo complain about a bug and what you deem to be a scheduled or unscheduled event. You are my hero.

I tried to engage with the forums in non-complaints long ago. It didn't work. There's just too much volume. There are other, better venues (e.g. Reddit). The irony is not lost on me though :)