Hero's Journey - Prestigious Quests Bug?

So the Hero's Journey is a neat idea and as a veteran with all the available characters I can unlock via it already unlocked I was looking at other ways to use it.

So here I sit in the Sith Agent Part 2/4 Quest. Specifically Separatist Movement with 480/1,000 Galactic Republic kills logged while Count Dooku is present (not that he needs the kill).

I jump in the Padme event, fire up the Count and a group and start farming Tier 1. Only Padme and Anakin so just two measly kills to collect, but why not. I mean what makes teh grass grow green right? Blood blood blood. So down they go.

Log into my Prestigious Quest and there I am at 480/1,000. Double take. Let's make sure they're GR tagged. I mean my memory can be a bit shaky. Yup. They're GR alright. Maybe it has to be a Dooku kill to register even though it's worded that he needs to be present.

So I make sure he's the fastest and will get first kill. Went in to look and no dice. The needle didn't move.

Is this WAI @CG_SBCrumb ?

Replies

• Options
    i would check if in general battles its counting up or not. some events are weird with there AI tags
  • Options
    okay i just remembered i have the palpatine rebel quest active and checked. yeah the Journey battles dont count to any quest, however normal battles do still count.
    i assume they did this so people cant easily farm up these quests
  • Options
    At your level you can trounce GW every day though, and there are still lots of GalRep Jedi among the GW nodes, so you should get 15-20 kills every day there.

Combine that with focussing your gear farming on nodes where you find GalRep opponents and you should be able to get a bunch more per day, maybe 50 or more just from gear farming (3 waves per attempt, 2-6 per wave for first 2 waves, 1-7 per final wave, so 10-19 per attempt). You should be able to finish this off in a week, I would think, but you'll have to spend energy to do it. Picking just the right normal node, I bet you can get 15+ kills for 10 energy with no limit on battles per day. 120 energy would be 180 kills, 200 after GW.

Yeah, the more that I think about it the more I think this shouldn't slow you down for long.

Though I am sorry you can't use the Hero's Journey - that was an inspired idea and I'm sorry it didn't work out for you.
  • Options
    At your level you can trounce GW every day though, and there are still lots of GalRep Jedi among the GW nodes, so you should get 15-20 kills every day there.

Combine that with focussing your gear farming on nodes where you find GalRep opponents and you should be able to get a bunch more per day, maybe 50 or more just from gear farming (3 waves per attempt, 2-6 per wave for first 2 waves, 1-7 per final wave, so 10-19 per attempt). You should be able to finish this off in a week, I would think, but you'll have to spend energy to do it. Picking just the right normal node, I bet you can get 15+ kills for 10 energy with no limit on battles per day. 120 energy would be 180 kills, 200 after GW.

Yeah, the more that I think about it the more I think this shouldn't slow you down for long.

Though I am sorry you can't use the Hero's Journey - that was an inspired idea and I'm sorry it didn't work out for you.

yeah i agree GW is what i originally did for this
  • Options
    I appreciate the comments and you're all right of course. I can and will go other routes. i was just trying to find a way to make the hero's journey meaningful for me at this time having no other use for it, but I certainly understand why I guess, though it's not like it slows me down that mcuh if I was focused on it and it's also not like the rewards given are game changing. To be honest getting Dooku to g12 is more work than the farming 1,000 kills.