Phasma on new art - relic abilities inbound?

For those of you who have seen the new art shown at the end of the Hux/Sith trooper promo video, you might have seen Phasma welding her staff.
Of course, the art isn't always representative of the game (Jedi Like, B-Wing, Qui-gon's 20 foot lightsaber). However, Phasma is already in game, and is known for her staff.
The Devs said that down the line, characters will get new abilities through their relics - Treya for instance got that weird unusable placeholder ability.
With the new movie on the horizon, and there being FO/Resistance stuff coming to the game, does this mean Phasma will be one of the first to get a Relic Ability?
#MakeTuskensGreat
tenor.gif

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Couldnt it also mean we get another phasma?
  • Options
    7 new Phasma and Rose Tico variants incoming. All needed 7*, 17,502 GP to unlock Supe Leader Ren.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Ugh
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

Ugh

Ugh indeed. Look she was supposed to be this eras boba fett, cool fancy pants armor to sell action figures or barbies (idk what they are doing with toy merch). Like Boba she fell into a hole ... twice. I know shes sposed to be the ultimate survivor lady but we have a gold and a red named first order guys sooo we could do them instead and retool phasma for a new ability with her baton either with a rework or the first wave of relic abilities.

You guys should make some art for the office that says "More Filoni less Johnson/Kennedy" i feel like thatd be a good inspirational poster in everyone's work space.
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options

Ghost.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Alijar1 wrote: »
    The Devs said that down the line, characters will get new abilities through their relics - Treya for instance got that weird unusable placeholder ability.

Traya's placeholder ability was a peek behind the curtain, not an actual ability. They said (somewhere, can't find it now :( ) that she has some extra coding to make sure she behaves properly, and that that takes the form of a hidden ability or somesuch.

There was an explanation about a month ago. Sorry I can't link it or even really paraphrase it properly, it's been a helluva 2019...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    You do know Phasma died right?
  • Options
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »

Since when has that stopped anyone? She’s in a book and her Last Jedi role doesn’t have an iteration yet.

I’m not saying they should or shouldn’t make a new Phasma, I’m just saying that they could.
  • Options
    its just art it means nothing. its just to look cool.

and they have stated relic abilities are not guaranteed to come
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options

TVF wrote: »

Ghost.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

Ghost.

Tru
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Emperor Palp “died” too. Funny things happen when sales drop or they can market more
  • Options
    Emperor Palp “died” too. Funny things happen when sales drop or they can market more

Darth Maul.

Boba Fett.
  • Options
    Either everyone gets a relic ability at the same time or no one gets any at all. Adding them character-by-character or even faction-by-faction is a big no-no.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Darth Maul.

Boba Fett.

Exactly. They could have let them just die, but chose to milk parts of the fan base