RE: Android Login Issues - 12/14/2019

AdmiralP
13 posts Member
edited December 2019
I was one of the users that reported this issue. I have uncovered the solution. However, after spending over three hours on phone and chat with support I am in no mood to try and and reach back out to support to let them know what the solution is. So I'll post it here for anyone else that is experiencing this. The problem is preventing Android users from successfully logging into their accounts. From community forums it appears that this has had the most impact on users that login to more than one SWGoH account.

The problem is not with the game, but rather Google Play Services. In order to correct the issue you need to clear the cache and all local memory for Google Play Services. Since the OSes are a little different your steps may vary a little bit, but they should be similar if not the same.
  • Clear Cache
    Settings > Apps > Google Play Services > Storage > Clear Cache
  • Clear Local Memory
    Settings > Apps > Google Play Services > Storage > Manage Storage > Total Storage > Clear All Data

Added:
epiphysis wrote: »
If the above doesn't work, as in my case, update the playstore.

Post edited by AdmiralP on

Replies

• Options
    Thank you thank you! I had tried resetting the data/cache for the game along with other interventions but hadn't tried it with Google. Play services itself. That explains why I was able to log into my son's account but not mine. Hopefully they do a make good bc I lost 12hrs before I saw your solution. Maybe they could also put the solution in their official update to help others?
  • Options
    Unevenfist wrote: »
    Thank you thank you!

You are most welcome. I hope they add it as well. Since their is no way to message the devs I tried posting this REsponse post. Looks like the word is spreading.
  • Options
  • AdmiralP
    13 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    epiphysis wrote: »

Thanks for adding that! It is greatly appreciated. I hope you do not mind, but I took the liberty of adding it above to try and help more people.