GP mess after resent updates and current GAC matchmaking

So, after recent updates we have obvious problem with GP calculation which isn't addressed so far. This thread, as well as some other, contains some examples. It's already been said that it affects TB planning, but now we also have active GAC season with GP issues.

After matchmaking algorithm was changed to "top X toons" some nice people made the tool to quickly assess your and opponent's roster - https://swgohevents.com/gp-compare . I used it several times in the past GAs and it appeared to be accurate - I'd never seen major GP difference between me and my opponent and toons GP were same as in-game.

But in the last GAC I see very different picture. I'm in div3 so I look for 30 and 60 toons comparison.

1. Both my opponents so far have much more GP for both 30 and 60 toons (about 45K difference for 60 toons)
2. Some toon's GP which gives swgohevents tool is completely different from in-game (and by in-game I assume direct viewing opponents roster, NOT locked toons).

Most obvious examples - my opponent have R4 DR with 28.5K in-game power and R7 Grievous with 29.9K. The tool shows me 24.5 for his DR and 21.9 (!!!) for Grievous. Since both ways are supposed to show online stats it's obvious that something is wrong. If I'll count GP of 30/60 toons from in-game there will be even more GP difference against me. Of course, maybe it's something wrong with the way swgohevents pulls the data but again, it appeared to be accurate until December chain of updates.

Yes, I know that GAC also includes ships which are part of matchmaking. But last GAC also had ships included and I've never seen such big difference between mine and opponent's GP and such big difference between in-game and third-party GP display. Maybe I just was lucky.

Also I see three different total GP numbers for any player I've looked:

1. Total GP on the Statistics page
2. Sum of characters and fleet GP on the same page (it's usually close to 1 but not the same)
3. Total GP on the top of the screen when I view my or other player's roster in-game (it's usually very different from 1, hundreds of thousands).

tl;dr:

1. Something is wrong either with GP calculation, or GP display, or both since last update. It's seems the different ways to pull GP from the game database show very different results.
2. This bug may affect GAC matchmaking since it's GP-based. Or may be not but there is no way for us players to check this.
3. It would be nice to see CG response on the overall GP issues and how it may affect GAC matchmaking and TB GP calculation. They fixed issue with fleet GP fluctuations which were visible through fleet arena but obviously there are more.

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    iirc the bot doesn't account for relics
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Only fleet GP is wrong. and i doubt fleet gp is used for matchmaking. The only affected thing may be the division you locked in.

Just check this : sum all your ship GP (do not include non activated ships). compute the difference with the stat panel of your profil. Substract this difference to your total GP in this same stat panel. Result should now be equal to the GP displayed in your roster. That is your real GP
  • Options
    The problem is that there are certain teams that are impossible to beat if you don’t have the perfect counter.

E.g. Revan and Malak.
  • Hortus
    628 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    leef wrote: »

Ah, yes, I didn't catch it. Still doesn't explain why matchmaking seems to be different from previous GACs (manual calculations still give me much more GP difference) .
    Only fleet GP is wrong. and i doubt fleet gp is used for matchmaking. The only affected thing may be the division you locked in.

Just check this : sum all your ship GP (do not include non activated ships). compute the difference with the stat panel of your profil. Substract this difference to your total GP in this same stat panel. Result should now be equal to the GP displayed in your roster. That is your real GP

And what about GP number shown on the top of the screen in the toons or ships roster view? For me it's 90K lesser than the number shown on Statistics screen. For my GA opponents it's about 200K. Which one is correct and how we can be sure that correct one is used in TB/TW/GAC calculations?
  • Options
    My opponents have 1m more and more g13 and relic...Matchmaking WAI

3v3 is fun /sarcasm as the whole game is made around 3v3...oh wait just this gac you can play 3v3 nvm :p
  • Options
    Hortus wrote: »

And what about GP number shown on the top of the screen in the toons or ships roster view? For me it's 90K lesser than the number shown on Statistics screen. For my GA opponents it's about 200K. Which one is correct and how we can be sure that correct one is used in TB/TW/GAC calculations?

that's what i said.
    the GP displayed in your roster is the real one.
    The difference (90k in your case) is only on fleet. Fleet gp on statistic page is wrong.
    Sum you ship GP and check
  • Options

Apparently, neither does the matchmaking algorithm. I have 11 relic toons. My opponent in round 2 has 23. WAI? Whatever.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Hortus wrote: »

that's what i said.
    the GP displayed in your roster is the real one.
    The difference (90k in your case) is only on fleet. Fleet gp on statistic page is wrong.
    Sum you ship GP and check

That is incorrect. I used the total GP on the stats page since I started the game in 2015. It is indeed frozen even after I activated Jedi Knight Revan and added on 2,000 GP for Plo Koon's ship. It's off by 21,000 GP which I'm missing now.
  • Options
    The stats page is supposed to capture the highest values you've ever achieved.

Those values are also the ones pulled by bots and swgoh.gg.

When the game uses your GP for division placement, matchmaking, or TB deployment, it uses your current GP.
  • Options
    Highest values? I don't understand that. It makes no sense. Your GP is the sum of the power from the characters and ships. If that is my highest value, then that is what my GP should be since I achieved that.
  • Options
    jkray622 wrote: »
    The stats page is supposed to capture the highest values you've ever achieved.

Those values are also the ones pulled by bots and swgoh.gg.

When the game uses your GP for division placement, matchmaking, or TB deployment, it uses your current GP.

Well, thanks. Not sure why it "supposed" to be this way (it's pretty misleading) but a least all three different GP numbers make sense after resent fleet GP mess.

But I still can't figure out why I suddenly matched against opponents with much bigger difference in the GP of top toons than before.
  • Options
    In my case ship and toon gp is off. And my gp in one screen is 300k plus from another screen. I added up ships it's not matching anyyhing. And toons is off as well. So something bigger is wrong and needs to be addressed.
    SANTAJEDI
  • Options
    There's also some GP displaying error in-game, in Guild Events leader board by guild galactic power, for some reason my guild GP shown as 0
    ykcehai74mp6.png