HyperDrive Price Increase (Nm, issue resolved)

Bhaalor
1724 posts Member
edited December 2019
m15t5xtwveyv.png

Has anyone else had a major price increase in their Hyperdrive or Hux? I've posted on Reddit, as well and some are saying that's Canadian Pricing. I've never been to Canada, no where near Canada, my Provider/phone etc is all U.S. This happened after the update with the new splash screen.
Post edited by Bhaalor on

Replies

• Options
    Bow to the CANADA EMPIRE
  • Options
    Bow to the CANADA EMPIRE

Strangely enough... I do have a hankering for some Maple Syrup and some Poutine....
  • Options
    Do you use a VPN? If so, check what server your connected to.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Options
    Do you use a VPN? If so, check what server your connected to.

No, just my Pixel2 XL phone, in Virginia, US, with Verizon Service. This all happened after the update last night, with the new splash screen.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    maybe your language is set to canadian english from the bug last week? idk lol
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    maybe your language is set to canadian english from the bug last week? idk lol

No, I checked that, rebooted the phone, flipped on Location, still no change.
  • LendersQuiz
    1166 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    The 139.99 price you do see is Canadian. Did you notice that the hux price and the Sith trooper price also went up? 27.99....Those two are also in Canadian.

That being said, why the game is showing you Canadian pricing instead of US pricing is beyond me.
  • Options
    It's Canadian
  • Options
    Bow to the CANADA EMPIRE

We are too polite to have an empire
  • Options
    Canadians have their own money? I thought they just traded pelts or something.
  • Options
    Not sure how the Google store works but with iTunes there’s a Country/Region setting that I believe controls the prices you see. Sounds like there might be something similar for Google. I’d check that.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    nvm
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    CamaroAMF wrote: »
    Not sure how the Google store works but with iTunes there’s a Country/Region setting that I believe controls the prices you see. Sounds like there might be something similar for Google. I’d check that.

Its not Google, it was $99 up until the update last night, then this morning when I went to hit up the free Bronzium; I noticed the increase.
  • Options
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    Bow to the CANADA EMPIRE

Canada is awesome; nothing but <3 for Canada.
  • Options
    Bhaalor wrote: »

Its not Google, it was $99 up until the update last night, then this morning when I went to hit up the free Bronzium; I noticed the increase.

Did you check and make sure it wasn’t Google? I haven’t seen anyone else indicate their price went up.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    Bow to the CANADA EMPIRE

tell that to the indians
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options

Did you check and make sure it wasn’t Google? I haven’t seen anyone else indicate their price went up.

Nothing changed on my phone in the last 24hrs except the update.
  • Options
    Bow to the CANADA EMPIRE

Strangely enough... I do have a hankering for some Maple Syrup and some Poutine....

Try them together. Your world is about to change.
  • Options
    eh, i figured it out.
  • Options
    eh, i figured it out.

Just curious, what was the solution?
  • Options
    eh, i figured it out.

Just curious, what was the solution?

An old guild mate of mine (long time friend) sometimes has strange work schedules (that individual is Canadian) I help them out from time to time by logging in to collect energy, ensure they get 600 etc.

The google account has been on my phone for 2-3 years, has never been an issue before or affected any prices (all packs, items I bought were US Prices, with a US Credit card on my account).

The second I removed the account and restarted my phone my prices were back to normal. So to help my friend out now I'll have to use an emulator that only has that account on it; as it will never go on my phone again.

Still not sure what triggered yet, and yes I'm aware of ToS, but there have to be exceptions for close friends who need help getting 600 due to messed up work schedules so they dont get kicked from their guild.
This discussion has been closed.