Dead Thread

Hamnier
162 posts Member
edited April 2016
I have redone this as a new thread, but better organized.
Post edited by Hamnier on

Replies

• Hamnier
    162 posts Member
    Options
    List of some characters with useless abilities:

Geonosian Soldier – +5 crit to each Geonosian ally.
    - How many Geonosians are there? Just the Geonosian Soldier and Poggle the Lesser, who is a support character for droids, so this ability is strictly useless.

*Edit: Poggle does become much nicer when he is upgraded a few times, as he begins to boost both droids and Geonocians. But this doesn't change the Soldier's lack of allies to benefit from its bonus*

Tusken Raider – Tusken allies who assist the ambush deal 50% extra damage; +5% offense to all tusken allies.
    URoRRuR’R’R – +75% turn meter to all tusken allies; +15 defense to all tusken allies.
    - Again, only the two of them . Apparently there will be a shawman soon, but that's still only three.

Jawa – +2% evasion per Jawa ally
    Dathcha – +2.5 crit per jawa ally
    - Only the two of them. Apparently there will be an engineer soon, but that's still only three.

Ewok Scout – +1% evasion per ewok ally
    The other two Ewoks have bonus giving attacks that help other Ewoks with speed and such.
    - Only three Ewoks.

Fives – Clone allies who assist the ambush deal 50% extra damage; +15 defense to each clone ally
    Rex – +10% max health to each clone ally + turn meter benefit on crits
    Clone Sergeant – +2.5% crit per clone ally
    - The three of them together make a nice bundle, but there are still only three of them. Plus, the ONLY way to get Rex (that I’m aware of) is from the data packs, which are the most luck based aspect in the entire game.

Droids – Granted there are four droids, and they aren’t too shabby. However, there are ONLY four! In the wide universe of Star Wars, only FOUR are in this? Why can’t we use the battle droids at the very least? Now there are several other characters who match well with the droids, but even some of them have issues (see the next one)

*Edit: Technically Grievous is a droid as well, but I'm not counting him as he is SUPER late game, or else you have to pay a ton of money to get the shards necessary for the 7* character in order to have access to him.

Lobot – Dispel all negative effects from all allies. Each ally recovers 5% health for each dispelled effect. Lobot gets 5% turn meter for each droid ally; Droid allies gain 15 speed; Lobot gains 3% speed for each living droid ally.
    - Lobot + Droids = Good. Frequent strikes and fewer negative effects to worry about. However, there are NO light-side droids. He can still be used in the many places the sides can be mixed, but it is still strange that he is next to useless if limited to light side units.

Lando – +7 speed and 21% critical for scoundrel allies.
    - Like Lobot, Lando affects scoundels, but there are only a couple light-side scoundrels
  • Options
    Your rant lost a lot of credibility when you declared Dooku a must have for any competitive player. Dooku is like stepping on a thorn, it's annoying when it happens but it won't kill you.

As it is there's really not a lot of characters of each specific type except for Jedi. The best way to build your team is to have balance. Have a good healer, two good attackers, one good defensive character, and a +1. The synergies gained from using a particular type don't compete with having a well thought out, balanced team. I like that since otherwise we'd see arena matches like the light side dark side battles in which its me and my Jedi vs a bunch of clones or whatever
  • Options
    Their is a Jedi with clone synergy Plo Koon
  • Hamnier
    162 posts Member
    Options
    Ravenclaw wrote: »
    Their is a Jedi with clone synergy Plo Koon

Ok, so Plo Koon is nice with the clones. But that is still a VERY late game or paying-player feature, as non-paying players still need to be super lucky to get their third clone in Rex, and now there is yet another really difficult character they have to obtain to make this obscure team-up work. And it still doesn't affect the clones abilities which rely on other clone allies. Plo Koon is a Jedi, thus does not affect their abilities.
    Your rant lost a lot of credibility when you declared Dooku a must have for any competitive player. Dooku is like stepping on a thorn, it's annoying when it happens but it won't kill you.

As it is there's really not a lot of characters of each specific type except for Jedi. The best way to build your team is to have balance. Have a good healer, two good attackers, one good defensive character, and a +1. The synergies gained from using a particular type don't compete with having a well thought out, balanced team. I like that since otherwise we'd see arena matches like the light side dark side battles in which its me and my Jedi vs a bunch of clones or whatever

I removed the part about Dukoo. I'm still only level 61 with only 35 character unlocked, none higher than 4 stars. I'm still fighting to stay less then 1000 long enough to get the better reward, so I haven't even seen the top 100 in person to know what they use.

And yes, synergy is nice, but what is wrong with wanting an all clone team? Or an all droid team? The point is there need to be options. Yes, mixing and matching should still be a powerful option, but why should people not be allowed to make a boss all Jawa (or whatever) team?
  • Options
    More droids/geonosians/jawas... need to be introduced in the game to fully utilize these abilities. These abilities are, at least, better than nothing.
    Greedo, Nute and mob enforcer 's special to throw bombs is even worse. Every time AI uses their special first, making those toons useless. These abilities need to be reworked or even removed so that they will become stronger.
  • Hamnier
    162 posts Member
    Options
    The whole point of this is that the abilities are not able to be used to their full potential. I suggest in the other threads I listed allowing having multiples of the basic characters. For example, only 1 Rex and Fives are allowed, but a player can have say 2 clone sergeants, and 4 clone troopers. And I suggest the shards for the clone trooper be available for farming from the normal battles, making it much easier to level them up, though they are comparatively weak even when fully leveled. The point in having them is to activate the abilities.

This would give players the choice of a trade off: Have a team of all really good characters, or a team of some mediocre characters and a couple really boss characters.

Typically, the latter option would not be a very viable strategy in competitive play, for once the strong members are gone, the rest of the team is as good as dead. These teams are more meant for game content such as GW, or the Endless Battles which I also talk about in another listed thread.
  • Luke6108
    370 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hamnier wrote: »
    The whole point of this is that the abilities are not able to be used to their full potential. I suggest in the other threads I listed allowing having multiples of the basic characters. For example, only 1 Rex and Fives are allowed, but a player can have say 2 clone sergeants, and 4 clone troopers. And I suggest the shards for the clone trooper be available for farming from the normal battles, making it much easier to level them up, though they are comparatively weak even when fully leveled. The point in having them is to activate the abilities.

This would give players the choice of a trade off: Have a team of all really good characters, or a team of some mediocre characters and a couple really boss characters.

Typically, the latter option would not be a very viable strategy in competitive play, for once the strong members are gone, the rest of the team is as good as dead. These teams are more meant for game content such as GW, or the Endless Battles which I also talk about in another listed thread.

The best solution is to introduce more characters. I do not think they will allow you to have 2 exactly same characters. Just Imagine a team of Poggle/GS/GS/GS/GS.
  • Hamnier
    162 posts Member
    Options
    Luke6108 wrote: »

The best solution is to introduce more characters. I do not think they will allow you to have 2 exactly same characters. Just Imagine a team of Poggle/GS/GS/GS/GS.

I address that in the thread "RARITY levels" (please go read that). Characters like GS would only be allowed 2, maybe 3. Even so, making a duplicate character would make it more difficult to upgrade them, and upgrading them would make it more difficult to have more of them (again, read "RARITY levels"). This feature is mainly for introducing a class of really weak cannon fodder characters to give new and mid-level players a boost until they can develop better teams.

Plus, Poggle would be more deadly when teamed up with four IG-86s, for he gives droids a speed boost which he doesn't give Geonocians.
  • Hamnier
    162 posts Member
    Options
    New characters ONLY benefit players who have been playing for a long time, or those who pay a lot. New players still have to start with their small handful and work their way up to obtain the new characters, all this does is make the roster of characters they don't have which they need to collect larger.

Introducing these very weak and easy to obtain characters would benefit everyone. New players can get these characters fast(er), and thus feel they are progressing quickly. But in order to compete with other players, they will still be compelled to work hard (or pay a lot) for the stronger and rarer characters.
  • Hamnier
    162 posts Member
    Options
    Hamnier wrote: »
    New players still have to start with their small handful and work their way up to obtain the new characters, all this does is make the roster of characters they don't have which they need to collect larger.

I'm not saying new characters are a bad thing. To the contrary, I very much enjoy seeing who the new characters are, and it gives more content for veteran players/paying players.

I'm just saying there needs to be a little more available for new players.