Is Finn the new Rose?

After playing the Marquee event I feel like Finn is a character only used by CG to spend time/money on gearing up for the next Rey.

Thoughts?

Replies

• Options
    Rose has no use.

Plus Finn will probably be in the meta team which will most likely be,

Rey, Finn2, BB8, C3PO & (New Character)
  • Options
    He'll likely be good. A heavy hitter for resistance is a good add.
  • Options
    I wasn't that impressed by the new finn, but who knows. He may be spectacular once the full resistance has released.
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Options
    Welcome to the game....that's pretty much how things go. There are a lot of squads and characters that are B or C team quality but are needed to unlock more powerful toons (Phoenix, OR, the Vets, etc.).
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Is Finn the new Rose?
    After playing the Marquee event I feel like Finn is a character only used by CG to spend time/money on gearing up for the next Rey.

What.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Is Finn the new Rose?

What.

You can’t unlock Rey without rose now. Didn’t you hear ?
  • Options
    Stick wrote: »
    Is Finn the new Rose?

What.

Source?
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    Hoard harder
  • Options
    Is Finn the new Rose?

What.

You can’t unlock Rey without ;) now. Didn’t you hear ?

Source?

Me

Or

Was it all an illusion
  • Options
    His kit is really interesting. I don't know if he fits with Force Awakens or Last Jedi Resistance characters right now, but I'm excited to see how he interacts with other Skywalker Resistance characters.

I'm not going to buy his pack because I hate paying for things, but I'm looking forward to farming him. Well. Looking forward to having him farmed, you know what I mean.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    His kit is really interesting. I don't know if he fits with Force Awakens or Last Jedi Resistance characters right now, but I'm excited to see how he interacts with other Skywalker Resistance characters.

I'm not going to buy his pack because I hate paying for things, but I'm looking forward to farming him. Well. Looking forward to having him farmed, you know what I mean.

Plus he isnt that good yet
  • Options
    Admittwdly haven't looked into the kit but my g12 rey lead was landing some huge damage with finn and r2 like 40k on critical at g12 without any buffs... imagine what they do after ID goes off. Plus finn was attacking multiple times on a turn so extra exposes... rey is almost a full loop team already new finn might complete the loop??? Then we will have to nerf rey lead because of new finn... ahh I see what they r doing...
  • Options
    Admittwdly haven't looked into the kit but my g12 rey lead was landing some huge damage with finn and r2 like 40k on critical at g12 without any buffs... imagine what they do after ID goes off. Plus finn was attacking multiple times on a turn so extra exposes... rey is almost a full loop team already new finn might complete the loop??? Then we will have to nerf rey lead because of new finn... ahh I see what they r doing...

I've seen testing. They don't perform that good still.

Needs a few pieces
  • Options
    A single character like GeoAlpha for example can change a whole faction, so there are really many possible options right now...
  • Options

Thoughts?

They said it right in the developer insight that he would be needed for Galactic Legend Rey.
  • Options
    e7gke5v14xv3.jpg
  • Options
    VaexquaGer wrote: »
    A single character like GeoAlpha for example can change a whole faction, so there are really many possible options right now...

This is a good comparison because even if you ignore the summon, Brood Alpha changed that faction by adding Hive Mind.

New Finn’s kit refers to Inspiration as “having effects for Inspired characters” in much the same way as Hive Mind refers to granting abilities to Geonosians.

I have a feeling that new Resistance characters will have ways of being Inspired, then giving shared bonuses to all Inspired Resistance characters.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    was rose the old rose? what is this thread about?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Is Finn the new Rose?

What.

Source?

@littleMAC77
    He’s making a joke
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    JerryHello wrote: »

Thoughts?

They said it right in the developer insight that he would be needed for Galactic Legend Rey.

"needed"
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    JerryHello wrote: »

Thoughts?

No they didn't. They said he fits in her squad.

I'm not saying he won't be needed. I'm just saying that thing "proof" you posted literally doesn't say what you say it says.
  • Ratinira
    412 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    That new Finn died during marquee event. Protected by tank. From AOE's.
    The only new character I have seen dead in marquee.

That is only thing what I want to say😂
  • Options
    The marquee event showcased him with G13 as far as I saw.

And I was thoroughly underwhelmed. That’s all I’m saying.
  • Options
    When has a character's marquee ever been a reasonable measure of their overall usefulness? It's just to show you how the abilities work and give you some easy shards.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    The marquee event showcased him with G13 as far as I saw.

And I was thoroughly underwhelmed. That’s all I’m saying.

Yeah he ****.

But I mean he didnt have any proper lead or new poe? Type chars around him

Hes meant for the new Rey I'm being told
  • Options
    Just saying it now, if they have to nerf him because of an infinite loop with C3PO in HSTR

= eternal laughter
  • Shadowscream
    970 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I ran him with a resistance Relic’d team In the Marquee and he was excellent....
  • Options
    No he isnt because,
    Last warning
    Unlike Rose, Finn actually has a role in EP IX. Granted he didn't tell Rey his secret which annoyed me because that's legit the reason Finn followed Rey all these years lol
  • Options
    Don’t know what you guys are doing, but the new Finn is quite good.