23 Days to get ARC Trooper F2P

DoomeyEyes
264 posts Member
edited December 2019
I just got ARC to 7* from 3x Cantina refreshes a day since release on 11/27. That's 23 days.

I think I got better than average overall RNG for the farm, but not a lot.

So, for everyone who bought the 7* ARC, let's see how much you paid for what you got:

23 days advance play with ARC and 23 days worth of relic farming in Cantina. That's about it.

Assuming moderately good luck with packs, let's say it cost the average purchaser $230 to immediately unlock 7* ARC... Sooooo.....

They paid about $10.00 (USD) a day for advance use of a single, pretty mundane toon, and they paid every day for the better part of a month. Realistically, most buyers probably paid more than that.

I'm not saying never buy a toon with packs, just not when you know, or should know, that the toon is going to be instantly farmable... unless paying $10/day for a month is your thing.

Replies

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Weird flex, but ok
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Sounds like someone is updating the ol resume.

TVF is the worst person here
  • Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    Options
    Besteve wrote: »

Why
  • Options
    23 seems about average. When I was tracking drop rates, almost every character finished at around a 30% drop rate. Usually slightly above 30%. Though when I finished KRU, the drop rate was closer to 40% if I remember correctly. I finished his farm in about 17 days.
  • Options
    People that whaled day 1 were trying to be ready for kam special mission.

A better example of ftp vs whales will be getting 7 star general Skywalker at the same time.
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Besteve wrote: »

Why

Brevity
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    My point was not explicitly how long it took to finish ARC, and it certainly wasnt me flexing... 3 guild mates finished ARC just hours after me.

The point was that ppl who bought 7* ARC with packs were paying $10/day, or more, just to play with ARC a little early. Cant even count 1 KAM shard since I, and lots of other ppl, finished ARC in time to hit the KAM mission.

Tl:dr, buying an instantly farmable toon like ARC or GBA is not worth the price.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    my advice is to not worry about what other people want to spend their money on.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

That’s quality advice
  • Options
    RoBane1738 wrote: »

That’s quality advice

Well, free advice is usually worth what you pay for it.
  • Options
    DoomeyEyes wrote: »
    My point was not explicitly how long it took to finish ARC, and it certainly wasnt me flexing... 3 guild mates finished ARC just hours after me.

The point was that ppl who bought 7* ARC with packs were paying $10/day, or more, just to play with ARC a little early. Cant even count 1 KAM shard since I, and lots of other ppl, finished ARC in time to hit the KAM mission.

Tl:dr, buying an instantly farmable toon like ARC or GBA is not worth the price.

You and other ftp flexers wouldn’t have been ready for the cancelled KAM mission if it had happened. That’s one of the main reasons others paid up to finish him early.

It’s hardly those people’s fault that this was the first KAM mission, though, is it?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Watch me flex even harder, i could have told you how long it would take with 3 refreshes per day the moment he was released. I can only assume that the players who bought arc are also capable of basic math though.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    RoBane1738 wrote: »

That’s quality advice

Well, free advice is usually worth what you pay for it.

So your parents invoiced you for any advice they gave you ? or was it worth nothing ?
  • Options
    I just got him to 6*
  • Options
    I just got ARC to 7* from 3x Cantina refreshes a day since release on 11/27. That's 23 days.

I think I got better than average overall RNG for the farm, but not a lot.

So, for everyone who bought the 7* ARC, let's see how much you paid for what you got:

23 days advance play with ARC and 23 days worth of relic farming in Cantina. That's about it.

Assuming moderately good luck with packs, let's say it cost the average purchaser $230 to immediately unlock 7* ARC... Sooooo.....

They paid about $10.00 (USD) a day for advance use of a single, pretty mundane toon, and they paid every day for the better part of a month. Realistically, most buyers probably paid more than that.

I'm not saying never buy a toon with packs, just not when you know, or should know, that the toon is going to be instantly farmable... unless paying $10/day for a month is your thing.

Well besides the people who somehow take great offense to u saying u didn’t pay lol.. I think this is a good post. Sometimes it’s worth reminding people that this game often creates a false sense of urgency. With the quick math u did, u could buy so much more for ur money in this game . At the end of the day people spend on what they want but spending on a cantina toon is IMO dumb unless u have a good amount of disposable income and would rather buy him instead of waiting a month for the same result.