GAC improved matchmaking?

In previous GAC, pretty much everyone was in bronzium week 2. Chromium was impossible to reach, and you pretty much needed to intentionally tank to stay carbonite.

This GAC, with the new format and points structure, going 3-0 with full clears puts you in chromium going into week 2 (at least in div 1). Perhaps this will provide a small amount of meaningful separation in the matchmaking for week 2?

Replies

• Options
    I’ve just stopped bothering. The matchmaking is utter utter ****.

Plus 3v3 is a terrible format.

R7 JKR, Jolee, Yoda is unbeatable.
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options

umm no. Cls, chewy, han will rip them to shreds (need to be relic'd with speed).

All squads are beatable and most factions have three main characters and two interchangeable ones so 3v3 is fair game if you know what your doing.

Cls, chewy, han
    Jkr, gmy, jolee
    Dr, back, malak
    Bossk, boba, dengar
    Traya, nhilis, sion
    Ep, vader, thrawn
    Padme, jkr, gk
    Etc etc

They are the main core and you can fill in the last two spots with many different characters so essentially 3 v 3 is very much apart of the game just means you can't use your usual strategies to win (gg nuke squad vs dr for example).
  • Options
    Saada wrote: »

umm no. Cls, chewy, han will rip them to shreds (need to be relic'd with speed).

All squads are beatable and most factions have three main characters and two interchangeable ones so 3v3 is fair game if you know what your doing.

Cls, chewy, han
    Jkr, gmy, jolee
    Dr, back, malak
    Bossk, boba, dengar
    Traya, nhilis, sion
    Ep, vader, thrawn
    Padme, jkr, gk
    Etc etc

They are the main core and you can fill in the last two spots with many different characters so essentially 3 v 3 is very much apart of the game just means you can't use your usual strategies to win (gg nuke squad vs dr for example).

Did you mean jka with padme?
  • Options
    Saada wrote: »

Cls, chewy, han
    Jkr, gmy, jolee
    Dr, back, malak
    Bossk, boba, dengar
    Traya, nhilis, sion
    Ep, vader, thrawn
    Padme, jkr, gk
    Etc etc

Did you mean jka with padme?

Yeah since jkr was with gmy and jolee lol, bloody auto correct
  • Options
    Keydash1 wrote: »
    In previous GAC, pretty much everyone was in bronzium week 2. Chromium was impossible to reach, and you pretty much needed to intentionally tank to stay carbonite.

This GAC, with the new format and points structure, going 3-0 with full clears puts you in chromium going into week 2 (at least in div 1). Perhaps this will provide a small amount of meaningful separation in the matchmaking for week 2?
    I’ve been a bit sloppy on my way to winning GA1, and my 2000 win bonus will see me 90 short of chromium.

I’m one fleet win away from completing that feat and earning another 135 banners, but there is absolutely no way I’m completing that before GA2 begins, for exactly the reason you’re suggesting!
  • Options
    3v3 is very different. You can't really just copy over strategies from 5v5. But I haven't found anything to be unbeatable. Of course a full R7 squad of top tier characters is going to be nasty if you don't have relic characters of comparable quality.

JKR/GMY/Jolee is surely strong at r7, but I doubt they're the top team. I tried my g12+ version of them vs geos and got smashed. That may have been a poor choice on my part, but the point is that geos can beat that JKR trio.
  • Options
    R7 drevan malak badstilla is pretty unpleasant to beat in 3v3, especially when they are all quick..
  • Options

R7 DR BSF & Malak perhaps