Yes, another new returning player thread.

I assume you guys you are not big fans of these threads but please, I require some aid.

So, I kinda quit the game 2 years ago and I decided to pick it up again.
This is my swgoh.gg profile - https://swgoh.gg/p/577971282/
I wonder if it's worthed to pick up from where I left or just create a new account.

Replies

• Options
    It‘s worth :-)
  • Options
    Ouch. Rough call imo. You have a few of the beginning legendary toons, so you wouldn't have to farm them again (EP, Thrawn) but after 2 years you'll likely never catch up in Arena.

I'd probably start new to take advantage of the sped-up leveling and such, but it's pretty much six of one, and a half dozen of the other.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    With this account you will be able to participate and contribute in guild events like heroic raids, Hoth TB and TW from day one. If you reroll, it will take several months before you can contribute on the same level.

If you reroll you will have a chance to reach high ranks in arenas and play competitively. However, you will still have to do an effort to stay competitive. It won't last long, if you only play casual. With your current account it will be a looooong climb back to high ranks in arenas - not impossible, but it takes a long time.

Choose whatever you find more fun.

Welcome back :-)
  • Options
    Hyper drive bundles saves you!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I agree with the above, you have some great bones there and you will be useful and contribute to a guild, but you will not be competitive in arena, which means low crystal income for the foreseeable future.

It's really about your play style. If you want to be highly competitive and try to ride the meta wave all the time, you need a decent arena rank. If you are ok being casual and at a slower pace then your account is good.
  • Options
    Ok, Thank you for the responses.
    I was contemplating about starting a new account and buying the hyperdrive bundle, but reading your answers I changed my mind.
    Even as a starter with bundle I will have to invest alot of time and play daily to remain competitive and it will take me quite some time to get to my current roster. I am more of a casual player and I remember when I quit, I left because it was too time consuming, arena was filled with pay2win and cheaters.

So...continuing from my old account, I know I will never be competitive in arenas and I'm fine with that. I will settle with the PvE content. What should I focus on?
  • Options
    Teams, teams, teams. I'd take a look at what PVE events you want to play most, and start getting ready for them.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever