Help a new-ish player

Well it looks like this game got me. I’ve been playing daily for around 2 months now I think, I’m level 64 now. Looking at the road ahead, it’s getting pretty clear that I have a really long way to go. So I’m looking at the hyperdrive bundle. But it’s driving me nuts not completely understanding the game yet, I keep reading about running into walls even if you get the bundle, and something about restarting because of arenas, not to mention the ton of abbreviations I see thrown around and not having a clue what people are talking about.

I want to progress but am unsure if I’m in a good position to buy the bundle, and what to do afterwards. I guess it’s meant for players like me, but on the other hand I don’t mind a long grind or two, been pretty patient with mobile games so far.

So I guess what I’m asking is if I buy it at this point, will I be shooting myself in the foot in some unseen way? And how much more grinding are we talking about after the bundle, to become .. I dunno, useful?

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    jtcone wrote: »
    But it’s driving me nuts not completely understanding the game yet, I keep reading about running into walls even if you get the bundle, and something about restarting because of Arenas, [...]

This only applies to players, that for some reason haven't played consistently or return after having been away from the game for a long time.
    I want to progress but am unsure if I’m in a good position to buy the bundle, and what to do afterwards. I guess it’s meant for players like me, but on the other hand I don’t mind a long grind or two, been pretty patient with mobile games so far.

You benefit more if you buy that bundle early. However, if you prefer the grind and developing your account yourself, then just continue. Do whatever is more fun for you.

Also check the top players of your arena shards. If the bundle will put you ahead of them, you will have good value for the money spent. Alternatively start a new account, play it to level 28, where you enter squad arena, check again, and then buy the bundle if it could put you on top ranks.
    (just a suggestion. Other strategies may be better).
  • Options
    Are you in a starter guild? if so, it's a good idea to join a proper one, players in it will be able to look at your roster and offer advice on teams you might farm, also they can help with strategy with the game.

you'll also probably get better gear from raids and donations too.

if you need to change guilds best to post a request in the guild section here, you'll get a lot of offers.