Galactic Legend: Rey [movie SPOILERS]

Hey folks,

after watching the final episode of Star Wars‘ Skywalker saga, I started to

[skip this movie rant, if you like]
I don‘t want to start a movie discussion - but I need to get this off my chest as well: everything that‘s not a Rian "not a Star Wars fan" Johnsson movie seems 1000x better, although there were too many loose ends needed to be put back together, thus J.J. had a tough job sorting this mess out. Kudos to him being able to come up with a half-decent movie that may be called a Star Wars movie again (not like that pile of Bantha dung made by Rian) - although it did have a heap load of flaws too. Really liked the small jabs at Rian‘s movie, showing that J.J. disliked it SO much that he decided to put it into the movie XD
[rant over]

Back to the actual movie. We do have the teaser of Rey from Rise of Skywalker, but for me personally, I think of her status in that certain moment as something more along the line "Hero/Legend of the Resistance". The point she really became a galactic legend is after beating Palpatine and basically saving all of the free people of the galaxy.

Thus, imho, I feel like they Portrait we received is the wrong timing regarding her "galactic legend" status.
If the Rey we‘ll receive really is the one shown in the Journey Guide, we get just another version of the Rey we already have in regards to her style.
I believe, that would be missed potential to make her at least stylistic different and interesting, than just another Rey with just some leather bands added.
I would rather like to see her either:

as the Rey fighting Palpatine with Anakin‘s and Leia‘s lightsabres (Really should‘ve been Leia‘s and Luke‘s)

OR (and that would be her when she really became a galactic legend)

as Rey Skywalker (adopted) with her self-made (that‘s what Jedi do) yellow sabre that looks like she crafted it From parts of her trusty battle staff.
That is the point she really is a galactic legend and the word of her deeds should‘ve spread through the galaxy....

My 2 cents...

Replies

• Options
    Isn‘t this a general topic?
  • Options
    Cossin wrote: »
    Isn‘t this a general topic?

Nah, its about characters.

That said, i would also really like a yellow blade Rey from the end of the movie. Agree that it seems most fitting for a Galactic Legend version of her.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    The Rey from Episode 9 is the greatest Force user ever. No need for Luke now, he wouldnt even be able compete with her.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    The Rey from Episode 9 is the greatest Force user ever. No need for Luke now, he wouldnt even be able compete with her.
    Well, as much as I dislike Rey as a character for obvious reasons (such as the one you mention), we‘re going to see her. It just feels wrong to me for a galactic legend being "just" the best fighter the Resistance has... after her deeds (as op as they might be through her Mary Sue-ness) she IS a galactic legend whom everyone will talk about... she even took the legendary name "Skywalker" AFTERWARDS.
    @CG_SBCrumb any chance the artist team might reconsider her sabre? I mean, it would be a minor detail, but an important one imho.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Mary Sue-ness

face palm
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Mary Sue-ness

face palm
    Why face palm? She is de facto a Mary Sue... the impersonation of Mary Sue. She does everything best, needs no training at all and only struggles when.... oh.... right.... never.

Because that‘s the typical counter-argument: Luke struggles, even in the last one and has various training scenes showing that he still struggles.
    Even Anakin "da Force" Skywalker has some moments that show how he‘s struggling. In the end he even falls against Kenobi. Did Rey lose a limb? Was she shot? Nah... the only thing was Emperor "force vacuum cleaner" absorbing her power (which she never really lost though because of the abundance she has)... she even beats him with 2 light sabres alone, while Kylo went skydiving. That is the only moment she struggles slightly... trying to connect with the Jedi ghosts... not because of the fight.