Point of 3v3 GA?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    GIJippo wrote: »
    3V3 is infuriating. I spent the last 4 weeks getting my squads ready for action then I get to spend a month not getting to use them. Thanks. Should offer a choice at the beginning of GAC to go into 3v3 or 5v5. Then the junk pitchers can have fun and everyone else can play how they tuned their rosters.

So your roster is so good you can’t win 3v3?

Not sure where I said I couldn't win 3v3. Where did I say that? Or are you just trolling?

No, I just don’t understand why you don’t get to use your squads you worked so hard on. And if you’re not getting to use your squads, then you’re not winning anything.

Dump gear into Sith E Trooper, then, because of how my roster happens to be, he has no real useful place for an entire month in GAC. Not using Sith E Trooper, still winning! But winning isn't really my point.

Look at this way. While that may be true, it also frees up other toons to use in creative ways. Take Traya, her team was literally designed for 3v3, it's in the team's name even. The other two random Sith, maybe even your SET, can be paired with zMaul, who has no use outside of 3v3 anymore. Bounty hunters are another example, almost every BH has a leader ability but in 5v5 you're only going to see Bossk or Jango. In 3v3 Jango goes great with Nute lead, so that opens up using a Bossk led team and another BH led team nobody has ever fought before, like Embo. These are just a few examples.

I'm not looking at it that way. I'm looking at it the way I initially laid out. I have no problem being functional. I have a problem LIKING it. ??

Well I like it, so we seem to be at an impasse.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    I was winning a lot of 5's. I guess it is fair that 3's bring me down.
  • TVF
    36770 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    3V3 is infuriating. I spent the last 4 weeks getting my squads ready for action then I get to spend a month not getting to use them. Thanks. Should offer a choice at the beginning of GAC to go into 3v3 or 5v5. Then the junk pitchers can have fun and everyone else can play how they tuned their rosters.

So your roster is so good you can’t win 3v3?

Not sure where I said I couldn't win 3v3. Where did I say that? Or are you just trolling?

No, I just don’t understand why you don’t get to use your squads you worked so hard on. And if you’re not getting to use your squads, then you’re not winning anything.

Dump gear into Sith E Trooper, then, because of how my roster happens to be, he has no real useful place for an entire month in GAC. Not using Sith E Trooper, still winning! But winning isn't really my point.

Look at this way. While that may be true, it also frees up other toons to use in creative ways. Take Traya, her team was literally designed for 3v3, it's in the team's name even. The other two random Sith, maybe even your SET, can be paired with zMaul, who has no use outside of 3v3 anymore. Bounty hunters are another example, almost every BH has a leader ability but in 5v5 you're only going to see Bossk or Jango. In 3v3 Jango goes great with Nute lead, so that opens up using a Bossk led team and another BH led team nobody has ever fought before, like Embo. These are just a few examples.

I'm not looking at it that way. I'm looking at it the way I initially laid out. I have no problem being functional. I have a problem LIKING it. ??

Well I like it, so we seem to be at an impasse.

1JLL.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH