Best ship fleet

As a background, I’m lvl 85 with a ship shard from right after the ships came out. I have never worked on ships because I do not like them in game. But ships have now spread to every area of the (TW, TB, GAC) and I have found myself in need of a fleet. What are the best ships and what good ships can I farm with ship energy because right now I’m using it for gear lol.

Here are my current ships
https://swgoh.gg/p/687628128/ships/

Replies

• Options
    Your best bet is probably rebels and Phoenix team with Ackbar’s Capital. You’re not going to be able to build a fleet from ship energy farming alone, although Bistan’s ship is great. And to be truly competitive, you’re going to need hounds tooth and Han’s Falcon, two of the best ships in the game. You’ve got a long ways to go.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Options
    If you have access to significant GET2 currency from the Geo TBs then either a Negotiator GR fleet or a Malevolence Separatist fleet, otherwise Rebels.
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    If you have access to significant GET2 currency from the Geo TBs then either a Negotiator GR fleet or a Malevolence Separatist fleet, otherwise Rebels.
    Okay, I do have access to that currency so I will work on one of those. Any advice on which fleet is more powerful?
  • Options
    Your best bet is probably rebels and Phoenix team with Ackbar’s Capital. You’re not going to be able to build a fleet from ship energy farming alone, although Bistan’s ship is great. And to be truly competitive, you’re going to need hounds tooth and Han’s Falcon, two of the best ships in the game. You’ve got a long ways to go.
    Okay I have heard a lot about those ships so I’m going to have to work on them... the tooth especially
  • Options
    CEG9876 wrote: »
    Okay, I do have access to that currency so I will work on one of those. Any advice on which fleet is more powerful?
    Both are strong. Negotiator seems to be a bit better defensively and Malevolence better offensively but either will serve you well. Pick one and run with it. :)

Rebels can keep up at least so far but you will need Biggs, Bistan and the Falcon with a hefty gear investment in a lot of pilots.
  • Options
    Okay, many thx for your help! I have Wiggs and Han at G10 but I still gotta get the Wookiee. Thankfully BH are needed for falcon so it’s not a waste :)
  • Options
    Forget rebels and go all in on Galactic Republic right now. Chasing THE meta is far more intelligent then chasing a past meta.
    Right now your focus should be:
    GK
    Anakin
    Ahsoka
    Fives
    The rest are more plug N play.

You will not hit top 50 fleets in the next year with rebels.
  • Options
    Forget rebels and go all in on Galactic Republic right now. Chasing THE meta is far more intelligent then chasing a past meta.
    Right now your focus should be:
    GK
    Anakin
    Ahsoka
    Fives
    The rest are more plug N play.

You will not hit top 50 fleets in the next year with rebels.

Really? So going after the legendary Falcon is dumb? My top 50 are all GK with Hounds tooth, anakin, and Ahsoka (Except for the one GG with an all droid lineup).

P.S. What other ships would you put with that squad?
  • Options
    The Falcon is not dumb. However it and the Rebel fleet are a huge gear investment especially for a meta that has recently been largely surpassed by Negotiator/Malevolence.

Just to get the Falcon you need:
    5 g11+ Bounty Hunters -> Chewie
    (Bossk required, Cad ok, IG not recommended)
    4 BH ships with g11+ pilots -> Millenium Falcon

And to compete with Negotiator / Malevolence you will need:
    Home One - g11+ Ackbar bloody useless in squad
    Falcon - g13r{x} Han & Chewie
    Biggs X-Wing - g12+ Biggs
    Bistan's U-Wing - g12+ Bistan & SRP (Carbanti hog!)
    Cassian's U-Wing - g11 Cassian, g? Jyn & K2SO
    +2-3 of:
    Wedge - 1 g11+ crew
    Ghost - 3 g11+ crew
    Phantom - 3 g11+ crew (all useless in high level squads)

Better to go straight for Negotiator/Malevolence if you can and I say that as someone who has both full Rebel and GR arena fleets.
  • Options
    The Falcon is not dumb. However it and the Rebel fleet are a huge gear investment especially for a meta that has recently been largely surpassed by Negotiator/Malevolence.

+2-3 of:
    Wedge - 1 g11+ crew
    Ghost - 3 g11+ crew

Better to go straight for Negotiator/Malevolence if you can and I say that as someone who has both full Rebel and GR arena fleets.

I see, so a full galactic republic fleet or separatist fleet? What ships would be used in either line up?

As a negotiator fleet I assume a Anakin, Ahsoka, Bossk, with Rex, Arc-170, Jedi Consular as reinforcements? I haven’t been able to find anything that can tell me what 7 ships to farm. I’m also in a pickle because my fleet is so weak I don’t have enough power to get past Fleet Battles 5 or Hard Node 4 so I need to work on something decent soon but I’m too scared to take a chance on a wrong ship fleet
  • Options

+2-3 of:
    Wedge - 1 g11+ crew
    Ghost - 3 g11+ crew

I see, so a full galactic republic fleet or separatist fleet? What ships would be used in either line up?

As a negotiator fleet I assume a Anakin, Ahsoka, Bossk, with Rex, Arc-170, Jedi Consular as reinforcements? I haven’t been able to find anything that can tell me what 7 ships to farm. I’m also in a pickle because my fleet is so weak I don’t have enough power to get past Fleet Battles 5 or Hard Node 4 so I need to work on something decent soon but I’m too scared to take a chance on a wrong ship fleet
    Galactic Republic: HT, Ani & Ahsoka or 5s starting with Clone Sargeant, Plo, Ahsoka/5s as RIs.

Y-Wing isn't farmable yet, Rex's ship is a very slow farm (store-only & rare) and Consular is ehhh.

Seperatist: various combos of HT, Geos, Vulture Droid, Hyena if you 5*'d it during the galactic chase and IG-2K.

Hyena isn't farmable yet.
  • Options

+2-3 of:
    Wedge - 1 g11+ crew
    Ghost - 3 g11+ crew

Galactic Republic: HT, Ani & Ahsoka or 5s starting with Clone Sargeant, Plo, Ahsoka/5s as RIs.

Y-Wing isn't farmable yet, Rex's ship is a very slow farm (store-only & rare) and Consular is ehhh.

Seperatist: various combos of HT, Geos, Vulture Droid, Hyena if you 5*'d it during the galactic chase and IG-2K.

Hyena isn't farmable yet.

Ahhh okay cool. Thanks a million bud, you’ve helped me more in 3 posts than anyone/anything I’ve been able to find in a week!
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    You are welcome.

If you have (or are willing to install) Discord, I highly recommend the Imperial Fleet discord server -> https://discord.gg/yfNvRw
  • Options
    You are welcome.

If you have (or are willing to install) Discord, I highly recommend the Imperial Fleet discord server -> https://discord.gg/yfNvRw
    I definitely will! Didn’t know it even existed. Thanks!
  • Slackerman92
    155 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Seperatists require less gear investment with 2 unmanned ships. I'd try and pick the fleet based on what characters you'd prefer to invest in. R7 a huge investment so you'd want your pilots to feel like they are good for more than just pilots (looking at you rebels)
  • Options
    Both Nego and Male are the current best fleets and can reliably beat each other while Nego holds better on defense. If you care about TW / GAC your best bet would be to get both unlocked at 5* (set Nego on defense and use Male for offense) and while gearing up your GR pilots you can use the crewless sep ships and the Malo for your fleet arena climbs.
    So personally (others might have a different opinion) I'd go:
    1) 5 star Malevolence unlock
    1.1) farm HT, Hyena (should become farmable soon), Vulture, Sun Fac and Geo Spy
    2) use it as your temporary arena fleet for climbing
    3) 5 star Negotiator unlock
    3.1) farm and gear up Ani, Ahsoka, etc.
    3.2) use Nego as your new TW / GAC defense fleet and use your last fleet arena battle with Nego to set it on defense
    4) go for the 7 star promotion on either Nego or Male (debatable which one to go first)
    On a note: You should also get the Falcon so you can use the Ackbar rebels as a secondary offense team.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Both Nego and Male are the current best fleets and can reliably beat each other while Nego holds better on defense. If you care about TW / GAC your best bet would be to get both unlocked at 5* (set Nego on defense and use Male for offense) and while gearing up your GR pilots you can use the crewless sep ships and the Malo for your fleet arena climbs.
    3.2) use Nego as your new TW / GAC defense fleet and use your last fleet arena battle with Nego to set it on defense
    4) go for the 7 star promotion on either Nego or Male (debatable which one to go first)
    On a note: You should also get the Falcon so you can use the Ackbar rebels as a secondary offense team.

That makes sense. I need to get my Seps ready for 7* padme anyway so a sep fleet makes total sense
  • Options

That makes sense. I need to get my Seps ready for 7* padme anyway so a sep fleet makes total sense

Yeah, both fleets have that nice addition of providing good teams.
    GR (Padme + friends) is needed for LS Geo TB (irrelevant for now I guess but gonna be needed in the future), GAS and is simply one of the best teams in the game currently.
    Geos are needed in DS Geo TB and they're also a really strong team for pvp.
    The rebel fleet pilots are mostly dead weight in most other modes (looking at you Bistan and SRP) so it doesn't make sense to heavily invest in them.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options

GR (Padme + friends) is needed for LS Geo TB (irrelevant for now I guess but gonna be needed in the future), GAS and is simply one of the best teams in the game currently.
    The rebel fleet pilots are mostly dead weight in most other modes (looking at you Bistan and SRP) so it doesn't make sense to heavily invest in them.

Totally agree! I haven’t been able to reconcile farming a rebel team but I need both GR and Sep pilots for other game modes so it makes total sense to farm them
  • Options
    I'm currently top ten with a geo team. I've been using Executrix, but I'm working on Thrawn/Chimera right now and might use him when he's strong enough, not sure.
    Team line up is Executrix, Sun Fac, Geo Spy, Geo Soldier with Hyena Bomber, Hounds Tooth and Asohka Tano on support (although I'm going to change her out for Vulture Droid when's high enough). I bring out Hyena Bomber first for the crit reduction and buffs, and tank. Then hounds tooth or Ahsoka depending if I need another tank or I need to chew up some buffs on the enemy team.
    My Geo's currently murder strong Hounds Tooth teams and my Geo soldier is fully spliced.
    Check out my profile https://swgoh.gg/p/348917497/

I'm currently in 10th and I think I'll be able to beat that today.
  • Options
    After reading all of the posts after my last 1 in this thread, my advice of not farming Falcon at this point because it would be dumb seems to be upheld. Even though 1 person stated it would not be dumb to invest in it, but then supported my point completely.

Falcon was a huge boost to fleets, and Negotiator and Male are huge jumps from Falcon. Chasing the meta is always far better than chasing old meta.

If you want to be competitive focus on GR and Seps
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

someone should make a thread pointing this out and praising CG for having these ships and events dovetail so nicely together
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Just looking at his fleet, I'd say Malevolence is what he needs to invest in.

G12 Bugs team & a 5* Droid & IG88 means he's already go the fleet & is just in need of a command ship.
  • Options
    After reading all of the posts after my last 1 in this thread, my advice of not farming Falcon at this point because it would be dumb seems to be upheld. Even though 1 person stated it would not be dumb to invest in it, but then supported my point completely.

Falcon was a huge boost to fleets, and Negotiator and Male are huge jumps from Falcon. Chasing the meta is always far better than chasing old meta.

If you have access to GET2 seems to be the real issue.

For someone in a guild w/o large amounts of GET2, then working on BH & BH ships is still a solid option.

But if you have GET2 income then I agree completely, push for one of the new Cap ships.

Of course, by the time someone gets Neg/Mal up & running, we'll probably have Finalizer as the new meta.
  • Options
    Just looking at his fleet, I'd say Malevolence is what he needs to invest in.

G12 Bugs team & a 5* Droid & IG88 means he's already go the fleet & is just in need of a command ship.

I agree and that's the plan. Get Hyena bomber and Vulture to 7* and try for the Mal capital ship. I'm a long way from that though. Guild isn't high enough GP to get any decent amount of stars for the Geo territory battle so we mostly do Hoth to gear up the lower GP members.

But for someone starting out that wants to get a decent fleet team together, geo's are a great choice. I initially started farming geo's to get their ships high enough level to get to the Shak Ti node open in fleet battles. So I was a bit surprised how strong they are in fleet battles.
    That lead to getting Padme 7* and executrix 6 star (easily farm 7* executrix shards when the even shows up)

Geo's are pretty easy to farm, especially Soldier and Spy early on.

I might use Home One for Geo's here and there once it's stronger.
  • Options
    Oh, and I started out with Hounds Tooth, Geo Spy and Soldier as my starting line and would bring in Sun Fac as my first reinforcement. This was because Sun Fac is not a good tank until you gear the crap out of him and once he was better geared he's better in the starting line up with the other geos because of their great synergy.

Also, falcon is great. He's in all the top 10 teams I face. Faclon is a HUGE investment though and takes a long time to farm. Have to be able to do well in the Pit raid to get Han shards, and then invest heavily in BH and BH ships.

Falcon is a bit squishy though unless the crew is geared up well. And his avoidance move is easy to work around.
  • Options

If you have access to GET2 seems to be the real issue.

For someone in a guild w/o large amounts of GET2, then working on BH & BH ships is still a solid option.

But if you have GET2 income then I agree completely, push for one of the new Cap ships.

Of course, by the time someone gets Neg/Mal up & running, we'll probably have Finalizer as the new meta.

If your guild isn't doing DSTB then you need a new guild.
  • Options

At 11 months of playing & 2.3 Mil in GP, I'm not sure I'm going to be contributing a lot to a guild doing DSTB.

Not everyone has been playing since launch & has 4.5 million, lol.
  • Options

At 11 months of playing & 2.3 Mil in GP, I'm not sure I'm going to be contributing a lot to a guild doing DSTB.

Not everyone has been playing since launch & has 4.5 million, lol.
    You don't need 4.5 million to contribute to DS Geo. Not even close.