Nemesis System? Thoughts?

I know there are a million things to work on before this, with all the bugs and lack of content and blah blah blah but I just thought this would be a cool idea.

I reckon it would be cool if characters had a nemesis which he/she would get an advantage, or get hindered against their nemesis, based on what happen in the movies/TV series/literature etc.

For example!

In the movies, Count Dooku gets his head removed by Anakin Skywalker. Therefore Anakin gains I dunno.. 30% offense when attacking Count Dooku.

Same with Qui-Gon Jinn, has a disadvantage against Darth Maul, but young Obi-Wan Kenobi (when they finally release him) has an advantage against Darth Maul.

This could apply to so many characters based on who they kill/ have trouble fighting against. I could go all day.. Anakin vs Tusken Raiders, Mace Windu vs Jango Fett (when released), all clone troopers against Jedi (which needs to be called Order 66).

Thoughts guys? Good idea? Bad idea? Obviously after all the other stuff that needs doing......

Replies

• Options
    That sounds really cool.

I'd also like something like a group vs. group "nemesis" style pairing. makes it interesting.
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    Options
    That sounds really cool.

I'd also like something like a group vs. group "nemesis" style pairing. makes it interesting.

They sort of did this already, for example with Rebel and Empire units (embedded in their abilities). Just not spread across all factions or every unit.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Von
    119 posts Member
    Options
    Fantazy wrote: »
    That sounds really cool.

They sort of did this already, for example with Rebel and Empire units (embedded in their abilities). Just not spread across all factions or every unit.

Yup, I agree they did. If it was that specific all the no name chars are going to get wrecked. Because I dont remember seeing a bug kill a jedi before. But I have seen a Jedi kill probably everything. So it would be kinda weird and unbalanced.
  • Options
    Von wrote: »

Yup, I agree they did. If it was that specific all the no name chars are going to get wrecked. Because I dont remember seeing a bug kill a jedi before. But I have seen a Jedi kill probably everything. So it would be kinda weird and unbalanced.

Thats a fair call, but there would also be plenty of neutral encounters. For example Geonosi guns fire a different ammo to blasters so they are harder to deflect, but lots of Geonosi got killed in the battle of Geonosis, so therefore skip that one and leave GS vs Jedi neutral, as is, and vice versa.
  • Options
    Love the idea....it really should have been implemented from the beginning
  • Options
    Jar Jar's nemesis....anybody with a brain.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    Anakin slaughtered a lot of thurskens and he was hateful so he should oneshot all of them
    In one auto and then laugh for other 2 autos, while Yoda should be immune to dooku lightings and any force power, while maul should win vs qgj even if qgj call an assist... Qgj should die anyway... Lol kylo immune to anyone with a gun a part for chuby and loosing vs young girls only... Ah all the Jedi should be immune to droids and Vader should stop beams with his bare hand... That will totally work... Then balance it if you can
  • Options
    I just think this will add an extra element to strategy when attacking. Count Dooku giving you nightmares? Send Anakin against him. Other team has Old Ben? Send Darth Vader to get rid of him easily.

I think this would also help to disrupt the "meta" at the moment. In Arena anyway eeeeverybody has figured out that the way to win is to have a QGJ lead, and use his special to rid the other team of the biggest problem on the first turn and ta da.. you win. If Darth Maul had a nemesis advantage against QGJ suddenly that forces everyone to change from that style of play as it becomes uneffective, forcing players to try different strategies, instead of using the same old meta team.
  • Options
    There are already nemisis - like qualities to the game like darth maul doing more damage to jedi for example. But specific units being weak to other specific units, I think is what you're getting at? My question is what about all the unnamed units, would they get a take in this as well? Like for example, corusant underworld police is weak against resistance pilot. Resistance pilot is weak against hoth rebel scout. And likewise to the named characters. I would think if you start introducing this, every character in the game should be strong vs someone and weak against someone to be fair, no? Seems like a nightmare in my opinion..
  • Options
    I heard Nemesis system and immediately thought - Shadow of Mordor -- Great game btw...
  • Options
    Or perhaps expand some of the details: if human/alien/bounty hunter/male/female/force sensitive were options as well as a lot more - someone like "bounty hunter" could get an advantage from perhaps "any light side character." Or perhaps since the "empire" was known to be against aliens and align more with humanoids, they could have an advantage over "aliens"? There could be a lot of character traits!
  • Options
    Face2Face wrote: »
    I heard Nemesis system and immediately thought - Shadow of Mordor -- Great game btw...

And thats where the idea came from... tip of the hat to you sir!
  • TinMan22SS
    34 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I think a few people are getting the wrong idea here..

Not eeeevery character should have am advantage/disadvantage against eeevery unit, just specific ones.

And to the unnamed units, the ones that arent heroes, yes, they will also have advantages.
    For example, as mentioned before, the clone troopers against the Jedi (Order 66).
    Tusken Raiders against Luke (when he gets knocked out by them, before Old Ben arrives).
    Ewoks up against Stormtroopers.

So for example Anakins nemesis page looks like

+30% damage vs Count Dooku
    +50% damage vs Tusken Raiders ( 20% chance to 1 hit KO)
    -50% defence vs Obi-Wan Kenobi

And completely neutral to all other units, like it currently is.

Tusken Raider could be fun..

+80% stun chance vs Luke Skywalker.
    Post edited by TinMan22SS on