Make attack squad SECRET

Preemo_Magin
1826 posts Member
edited March 2016
Game strives for deep rooster. Once a team is found to be effective, you can literally instantly copy the setup and free ride the research and intelligence of the original experimenters.

Everyone has exactly the same chars, and the only way to be unique is to use a team that sucks in PvP. If that team is rather ok, not too bad, doesn't matter: everyone will pick up on you and you will drips down furiously.

This is a fundamental problem in the game. It's like every player has access to a full pocker deck. And the "rules" and "best practices" are hard to uncover. Once someone finds out 666333 is better than 3366Q immediately everyone copies it and it's snipe fest. After some time everyone has Ace Ace Ace Ace King and it becomes the most boring game in the world

CG if you are reading this here's one solution, but if this isn't it, think about this point as it will render the game useless....everyone has all the same cards endgame and it's game over to your revenue aspirations and no fun to us.

Solution: you setup a defense team. You attack Team is Secret. Make dense have a 10% HP or fortitude bonus. Of 10% procs bonus. The SECRET SAUCE is how to WIN vs buffed defenses.

To limit offense/defense disparity full require that a player's defense and offense teams setups need 2 or 3 chars in common (will give a hint at what's attacking you). This will also share part of the attackers "recipe", as watching his defensive position means you know 40% to 60% of squad recipe.
Post edited by Preemo_Magin on

Replies

• Snake
    158 posts Member
    Options
    I'm just here for deep rooster
    -Snake
  • Jabberwocky
    1809 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Snake wrote: »
    I'm just here for deep rooster

Darn, you beat me to it. Lol

but hey, dense has 10% bonus HP so Jar Jar is going to be a tank.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    current game is like taking exam and being able to copy anyone else test. The best students are easy to spot...they rank in top 10.

No need to study, plan, think or practice...just copy your top neighbors recipe. Is this the "endgame" or the "end of the game"? :-)
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Lol @ originality and wanting credit
  • Options
    Who doesn't strive for a deep rooster every now and then?
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    I understand the desire for diversity, but I feel the information would still get out. People will want to boast about being top 5 and will divulge their attack squad. I am not certain this would actually accomplish much.

I do like the idea of setting a defense and having an offense that can be different. Ideally we get at minimum 20 characters all viable for the 5 slots. Then we could see some diversity.
  • Options
    Nebulous wrote: »
    I understand the desire for diversity, but I feel the information would still get out. People will want to boast about being top 5 and will divulge their attack squad. I am not certain this would actually accomplish much.

I do like the idea of setting a defense and having an offense that can be different. Ideally we get at minimum 20 characters all viable for the 5 slots. Then we could see some diversity.

The ones that can insta-copy what works are the deep rooster guys. No wonder they love. A month the thousand players per shard 1% will have deep rooster, 30% may have 12-15 chars. These will have 7-8.

Insta-copy is becoming rampart. What good is a big rooster if you don't know exactly hiw meta changed after 4 nerfs/buffs?

This levels the field. But a whale that knows the game whale the will also win a lot. They get to test new setups and enjoy some exclusivity until people figure out exactly what they are using.

One thing is someone telling "here's my OP squad". Another entirely I losing 5-0 to a squad, and noticing 5 other top 10 use it now....

...INSTA-COPY META

• klay
    76 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe you are a newer player but the arena teams did used to be secret. The current way is much better. It isn't the fact people can see your team that causes them to use similar characters, it is simply because those characters are good.
  • Options
    klay wrote: »
    Maybe you are a newer player but the arena teams did used to be secret. The current way is much better. It isn't the fact people can see your team that causes them to use similar characters, it is simply because those characters are good.

I play since launch. I guess I am alone in not having the attacker not just cherry pick each attack team, select who to fight and see enemy exact composition, but also in making defense a bit more real.

I clearly remember the days where you entered the battle and didn't know for sure if Leia would be there or QGJ. You could only see the leader. And it was harder to win, and you had to improvise - but smartly. Just as defender can't optimize to your team, attacked should not have perfect information either. My opinion of course....

• Options
    It's difficult to know who's in the top 10 when you're down in the 100s, and if your rooster isn't very deep.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Put some random chars in your last arena fight and no one will copy your team.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options
    Not too long ago people wanted the arena rosters to be freely viewable.. now we don't?

No wonder people claim the devs don't have a clue.. the community can't seem to decide what the heck it wants! The devs can't help when you say one thing one minute and then say another thing another minute!

Note.. I was one amongst many others who didn't want the arena groups visable in the first place... At times I feel like saying "I told you so!"
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Options
    Forget the rooster...I'm here for the pocker game
  • Options
    Skye wrote: »
    Not too long ago people wanted the arena rosters to be freely viewable.. now we don't?

No wonder people claim the devs don't have a clue.. the community can't seem to decide what the heck it wants! The devs can't help when you say one thing one minute and then say another thing another minute!

Note.. I was one amongst many others who didn't want the arena groups visable in the first place... At times I feel like saying "I told you so!"

Yes. For early game or mid game yes. My post is more about server maturing. In the past there was a sense of sharing secret combinations etc. today you see some of them.

Maybe the idea is not good, or needs to be one thing and not both (unless different tables).

I think imitation is a form of flattery. But the rate at which it happens today is extremely fast.