Business

I don't understand how business works. Can anyone tell me how it is that The Mandalorian is so popular and devs will not add any content related to this series? Wouldn't that be profitable? And wouldn't it make players happy?

Replies

• Jack1210
    771 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I don't understand how business works. Can anyone tell me how it is that The Mandalorian is so popular and devs will not add any content related to this series? Wouldn't that be profitable? And wouldn't it make players happy?

They will, they definitely had to wait for the season to end and then they'll start on the kits. That said, I doubt we see stuff for at least a month.
  • Options
    It would be profitable, yes.
    You are probably an American.
    The US has access to D+ and thus Mando.
    95% of the world do not have access (legally).
    CG have probably been told by Disney, that until the 95% get access to D+, Mando content is off limits due to spoilers.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Options
    No, im not American, but i watched The Mandalorian
  • Options
    It'll definitely be profitable. Just takes time to make the kits and the artwork, especially when there's RoS content they're working on.
  • Options
    Turasleon wrote: »
    It'll definitely be profitable. Just takes time to make the kits and the artwork, especially when there's RoS content they're working on.

Agreed it takes time, but what other RoS stuff could they be working on? They've released 8-9 toons/ships. Seems unlikely any more is coming.
  • Options
    Jack1210 wrote: »

Agreed it takes time, but what other RoS stuff could they be working on? They've released 8-9 toons/ships. Seems unlikely any more is coming.

They've released three characters from RoS. What are these 8-9 you're talking about?
  • Options

Never said they wouldn’t.

Millions and millions more people have seen episode 9, hence the current focus.
  • LordDirt
    5018 posts Member
    Options
    Way more money in ROS characters right now.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    It would be profitable, yes.
    You are probably an American.
    The US has access to D+ and thus Mando.
    95% of the world do not have access (legally).
    CG have probably been told by Disney, that until the 95% get access to D+, Mando content is off limits due to spoilers.

This. Very good explanation sir! I commend you!
    Now let's hope the people here understand lol
  • Options
    No, im not American, but i watched The Mandalorian

Legally, tho.
  • Options

They've released three characters from RoS. What are these 8-9 you're talking about?

The mentioned no more than 10 new resistance and FO toons before. There's been the marquees of hux and sith trooper, the marquee ships. The two galactic legends, and the other new toons we recently have gotten.
  • Options
    *facepalm*

Veil of secrecy is a huge deal around The Mandalorian, to the point where Disney refused to have the toy line ready in time for Christmas to preserve reveals like Baby Yoda. Even once the content is out, anything Mandalorian related has to go through a development cycle of a couple months.

The reason CG can release relevant content around movie releases is because developers get a prerelease packet to work from and a movie is a singular event released fully in a single day. Part of the reason we have Bistan and Pao who were only in a couple frames of Rogue One is because the prerelease information was from an earlier version of the movie in which they featured more prominently and Rogue One went through extensive post-production alteration that almost completely removed them.

The Mandalorian is a TV series. The first season is not released yet and is coming out over a period of months. The main character is gaining new tools and cosmetics over the course of the series. CG will not have the information to make informed content from The Mandalorian until the finale of the first season drops.

They aren't refusing to release Mandalorian content. They literally can't do so competently yet.
    Still not a he.
  • Options

The mentioned no more than 10 new resistance and FO toons before. There's been the marquees of hux and sith trooper, the marquee ships. The two galactic legends, and the other new toons we recently have gotten.

Did I miss something? What marquee ships from EP9?
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options

Um, no, they've released three new characters from Ep 9: Finn, Hux, and New Sith Trooper. There have been no ships, and new!Rey and new!Kylo have only been announced, not released. Generously, that's five, counting unreleased characters.

There have been no new ships since Hyena/BTL/Malevolence, all clone wars era.